...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I have to wait almost a month to get my Storm
eyes.gif

Verizon wasnt ready for this launch

yea pm sent.. cuz i ordered mine yesterday thru my boy at verizon and theyre sayin 12/5 now.. theyre trippin

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Is there an app to watch You Tube videos on T-Mobile's Curve?

if you update your OS to 4.5, you can watch YouTube videos.

on another note, i just got the BlackBerry Storm, and i have to say that i am extremely disappointed.

i've read several mixed reviews. the majority say it works great, while a small percentage are experiencing issues. it appears that i am part of that smallpercentage.
when i use the landscape keyboard, if i put my finger directly on the letter 'S', it highlights the letter 'D'. it's as if the screen needsto be calibrated, but i can't figure out
how to do this, or if it's even possible.

the acceleromter sometimes takes up to 5 seconds to realize that i have turned the phone. yet, sometimes when i lay it down, it turns for no reason.

the END/POWER button doesn't exit me out of apps as i would expect unless i press the button 5-7 times.

it also seens that the entire OS is very slow, overall. sometimes everything works just as it should, while other times, there is such a delay it'sunusable.

the camera takes a picture 3-5 seconds after i press the button. by then, what i was taking a pic of has moved.

i'm not sure if i just got a bad phone, or if this is the way it's supposed to be, but i'm really struggling with it right now.

How's the bold? Why is it more expensive than the storm? are any specials coming up so I can get the bold cheaper?

I got it for $99 on a 3 year contract, got some extras with my plan as well so can't complain. I'm in Toronto, Rogers Wireless.

On the whole, I love it, it has all the connectivity options, good build, good RF. The only complaint is syncing with Gmail isn't entirely seemless, but itworks with push and one way reconciliation so it'll do. The screen is brilliant and the keypad is one of the best I've used on a smartphone. BBMessenger is awesome.

I really have been discouraged from touchscreens since the iPhone so I would totally stay away from the Storm. Especially with the slower menu speeds and lackof physical keyboard, it really isn't ideal if you're a true BB/smartphone user that emails, texts and accesses appointments alot.

I'm coming from a Nokia E71-2 so I'm really picking on RF, 3G speeds, build quality and style. If RIM made a Berry with the build of the Nokia E71I'd buy 5. Previous phones were also: iPhone, BJ II, E61i, Curve.

i took back the Storm today and picked up the Bold.

i can't be happier with the Bold.

i originally had an 8830 through Sprint, so the transition to the Bold was pretty easy.

the screen looks great and i was able to complete the enterprise activation while sitting in the parking lot at the store. so, about 10 minutes after purchase,
i was already receiving work email.

no question that the Bold was a better choice for me.

Got my Storm from Best Buy today. I love it. My fiancee got the Curve. She could type on the Storm with her fingernails and was getting pissed. I really likethe curve to. Easier to type. This touch screen is gonna take a while to get used to.

Anybody get that protective film for the screen? I wanted it but it was 21 at the Best Buy. Anybody know where to get one on the cheap?

Time to add some apps. BB FTW.

PIN is 3048FA6D.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

23l1lzp.jpg

anyone wanna school me on BB messenger?
Thats a nice way to uglify it. But im waiting till i can just walk into the store and pick one up.
laugh.gif
id rather protect it than have it look pretty. im clumsy too...need that plastic case for sure

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

23l1lzp.jpg

anyone wanna school me on BB messenger?
Thats a nice way to uglify it. But im waiting till i can just walk into the store and pick one up.

It's called protecting it. The last thing you want is dropping your brand new Storm/Bold all bare.

I have a Curve and it hasn't been without a plastic or rubbercase since I've got it.

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

What is the official release date for the Javelin on At&t?

7c09_1.JPG

blackberry rep came to my store about a week ago, he said that theyre still debating on whether to go EDGE or 3G....he said most likely sometime by march

^There's no point in using edge when you already have the bold on 3g for the same carrier...that would be a major downfall for sure

If AT&T gets a 3G Javelin, it's a wrap. I'll jump ship quick. I thought about switching for the Bold, but I can't get down with the QWERTY onit--the keys are way too close for me to bang out texts and emails easily. I like everything else about it though.

I just hope that with the Bold and Storm out of the way, a lot more info on the Javelin starts leaking very soon. The Storm is so damn tempting, but the Jav iswhat I really want.

Once I get my Storm unlocked and put my Tmobile or ATT sim card in it, will everything work the same?

Like... will I get internet and everything else?

I don't think you'll be able to put a card in it, unless Vodafone(Verizon Wireless' partner overseas) uses SIM.

Back
Top Bottom