...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

My homeboy told me if you put the BB in a bowl then cover it with rice it will absorb the moisture. Haven't had a chance to try it. I baby my BB
laugh.gif

Where you been?

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Im looking at this blackberry on ebay at a extremely low price..but heres the catch

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi, this phone was lost and another phone was purchased in its place but it was recently found. This phone is like new with very minor scratches that I didn't even cause unfortunately. I have been told that Verizon may or may not put the phone on a lost list. I don't know how that works but I bought a phone from a friend that had the same issue and the phone was connected just fine. If all else fails I've heard there is a cheap part in the phone that is replaced so that the phone can be connected. I don't know anybody in particular that does this to phones myself but I'm sure any Technician that works on phones would know how to do it. Email with any questions you may have. Item sold as is. Thanks and Have a Great Day!!![/font]
what ya'll think?

Sounds like a headache waiting to happen. If it's black listed then it's going to be a task getting it off unless you got an inside man. A technician can't fix a black listed phone. Contact the seller and probe some more.

They are basically telling you it's going to be lost/stolen. I agree with Da R.

I would email the seller and ask him to give you the ESN/IMEI numbers on the phone, then call Verizon and see if it can be activated or not. If he's notwilling to do that, I'd easily pass.

Matter of fact, have him send you pics of the sticker behind the battery with the ESN, and also a screenshot showing the ESN number, so they match. Ifit's a bad ESN, that phone will never work.

Well anyone seen the new pics of the kickstart?Also Rogers is having a party for the bold coming up next month around the 7-9th

^ The Kickstart looks like hot garbage to me. It looks like a Pearl with a Razr flip on it. Not sweet at all. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of flip phonesas.

[h3]Brighthand.com's Ed Hardy said:[/h3]
BlackBerry Bold Coming to AT&T in Late Summer
by Ed Hardy - 6/25/2008

There's good news and bad news for those in the U.S. who are eager to get RIM's latest, the BlackBerry Bold. The good news is that this smartphone will be released by AT&T, but the bad news is that this won't happen for another couple of months.

RIM is reportedly still tinkering with the device to increase its battery life and decrease its tendence to overheat, according to Boy Genius Report. This model is now expected to debut on this carrier around the middle of August.

An Overview of the BlackBerry Bold 9000

The Bold will include a number of firsts for a RIM smartphone. It will be the first to run an updated version of the BlackBerry operating system (4.6), and the first from this company to support tri-band HSDPA high-speed 3G networks around the world. It will also be the first from RIM with a half-VGA (480 by 320 pixel) display.

The design isn't going to be a radical departure from RIM's current lineup, though. Like many earlier models, it will supposedly have a tablet shape with a QWERTY keyboard. However, it will have a curvier shape, with corners that are significantly rounder than any previous BlackBerry.

The Bold will come with integrated GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g), as well as a multimedia capabilities.

It will have a 2 megapixel camera with video recording capability, built-in flash, and 5x digital zoom.

This smartphone is coming to more than just AT&T. It will eventually be available from all the top tier carriers in the United States, and there will even be a version for T-Mobile USA's special version of 3G.

Link

I actually don't mind it... this means that not only do more bugs get worked out, but Sprint doesn't get this until like October/November, and thatleaves me with more money for copping a couple North Faces this September (
laugh.gif
). Will see how this turns out.

i DLed 4.5...

how do i get NT to work?

the site itself shows up...but i cant click on any links to get into the actual forums

I just spent the last few hours messin' with my 8830 after installing 4.5.

So far, this is what I've come up with:

PROS:
-YouTube
-Documents to Go
-Browser upgrades (google search, pointer)

CONS:
-a bit buggy, had to remove, reinstall yweather to get it to work properly
-profiles not working properly; at night, I set to Phone Only so that phone rings for calls, emails are muted. Now, phone is muted under this profile althoughit's set to ring
-phone seems a bit sluggish, seems better after battery pull
-backed up phone prior to OS upgrade, did not restore settings after backup (font, profile/ringer settings, wallpaper, etc)
*EDIT* I cannot browse NT at all using BB Browser. The pages actually load correctly, but I can't click on any links. Other sites work ok, youtube gaveme a little trouble, but it eventually worked. weird
Lost browser and BB Maps, but resending service books to handset fixed that.

Haven't had time to browse crackberry or the other forums for more info regarding 4.5; if anyone else has any info, post it up...

Originally Posted by justballin11

has anyone else's Jivetalk been messing up? It takes forever to login and stays lagging.
Yeah my JiveTalk has been messing up for a couple of days now..

why does t-mobile charge soo much for an upgrade to a curve and im upgrading from my sidekick and they still want damn near 300

I just upgraded to 4.5.0.46 and it's a lot smoother than the .44.

Also for those who don't know, they upgraded the BIS yesterday with HTML emails.

Just reset your Service Books.

BTW, I still can't get NT to work on the BB Browser (works on Opera), but I can get other Yuku sites working...

my blackberry sucks the battery last like seriously 6 hours with not much use just text here and there just normal use and its like 25%

whats wrong?? any help

Back
Top Bottom