...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Aight I'm about to make the switch to a BB, but I need some help. I know a data plan is necessary for a BB, but with AT&T, does the data plan include the BB plan?
the BB plan IS the data plan...it includes unlimited internet and e-mail usage. GPS is a extra 9.99

Joined the club a few weeks back...

Question for the experts, I haven't downloaded many apps... but my "free" memory is pretty low. What can I do to increase it?

I've dl'ed Mini Opera and Google Maps, plus I have a few themes. Should I take the unused themes out and just leave them on my PC? Do those take up alot of the memory?

It's weird cause I'll check it one minute and I'll have X amount of free space. Then I'll check it another time and I'll have close to 0. :/

Help.

Ok, so the BOLD isn't coming out for T-mobile right? So I'm assuming Ben got an unlocked one and popped in his T-mo sim card. Anyone know if there willbe some missing features / themes, etc. if I get an unlocked one?

Ben, any input since you're actually using it would be nice. Pros & cons.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Ok, so the BOLD isn't coming out for T-mobile right? So I'm assuming Ben got an unlocked one and popped in his T-mo sim card. Anyone know if there will be some missing features / themes, etc. if I get an unlocked one?

Ben, any input since you're actually using it would be nice. Pros & cons.
It's suppose to drop for T-Mobile at a later date.

Just copped a Curve. Was waiting for the Bold, but it's $450 on a contract (the Curve was free) so it was a no brainer for me.

Just upgraded to a curve from the 8830. Well I say upgraded due to the OS and camera. Should be here thurs.
pimp.gif

Hey i have a quick question for the blackberry users on verizon. How are the rates and what not? I'm on a family plan, and looking to get the bold or maybeeven the thunder later this year...just wanna see the $$ situation. Thanks!

Well I get a 20% discount on my plan and my feature, I have my moms line and myself under the family plan for 100 per month.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Joined the club a few weeks back...

Question for the experts, I haven't downloaded many apps... but my "free" memory is pretty low. What can I do to increase it?

I've dl'ed Mini Opera and Google Maps, plus I have a few themes. Should I take the unused themes out and just leave them on my PC? Do those take up a lot of the memory?

It's weird cause I'll check it one minute and I'll have X amount of free space. Then I'll check it another time and I'll have close to 0. :/

Help.
yeah. delete the unused themes, they take up a lot of memory. also don't dl apps if you don't really use them. press alt+LG+LG and hit theblackberry icon to clear log. always clear cache and history in the browser

Does anybody know if the Blackberry Bold will be capable of using WIFI WITHOUT having a data plan? I'm trying to save a little $$.

I know it's possible with one of the previous BB's and not possible with another.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Powfo

Does anybody know if the Blackberry Bold will be capable of using WIFI WITHOUT having a data plan? I'm trying to save a little $$.

I know it's possible with one of the previous BB's and not possible with another.

Thanks in advance.
From my understanding you will still need the data package. BBs always require Data packages. BBs always connect to the internet so you would notlike to see the bill of a BB w/o the data package.
eek.gif

For those of you with Verizon, OS 4.5.0.77 is out for the 8830 and 8330 (Curve), check berryforums for the link. However, once I installed the OS, all of thepreloaded ringtones/alerts were gone; apparently RIM didn't include them. There is a workaround that involves copying a file from an older OS version,(check the BB forums for it) It didn't fix the issue with the slight delay on incoming calls, but the ringer volumes are much louder.

I copped the 8330 for Sprint last week.

Someone please explain the whole BB Messenger thing to me.

My pin is 30310EAD

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

so is it true an unlocked bold for Rogers will work for ATT in the states?
Pretty sure it will work, as in ability to make phonecalls. Not sure about 3G though.

I'm telling you dudes though, 3G isn't all its cracked up to be....yet. There are major issues with the Bold and 3G up top in Canada. Check outcrackberry.com for the details.

could i buy the bold off of ebay and take it in to us cellular and have them program it?

Back
Top Bottom