...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Picked up the curve today and I absolutely love it.

What are the things as a first time blackberry user that I need to know?

Also, what are the must have apps. I see everyone is gettin Jivetalk, can someone explain to me exactly what that is.
Team Wolverine
Fire Lloyd
DETROIT LIONS
Fire Millen​

Just upgraded from my old 7250 to the 8830. Verizon's taking too long to get the Curve, and I didn't want to change carriers just to get one. 170 out the door, not too bad. With the exception of the cramped keyboard, it's decent (so far). The track ball is growing on me, R.I.P. scroll wheel.

*Good lookin out Grizzlyboy, just got off the phone w/ Verizon and got that 29.99 plan, saved me 15/month!

Here's the link, scroll down to where it says personal email plans:b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/wirelessemail/voicedatacallingplans.html
Quote:
73618- (O) -EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY $29.99
TEAM-AF-ONE

Datnggag, Thank you sir. :pimp:
pimp.gif
Quote:
I have a curve for AT&T and i unlocked it to use it with tmobile but some pages like wamu and ebay dont load up.

I did the same thing when i had a unlocked 8800 and all pages would load up fine.

I get a message like bad gateway or something like that.

Can anyone help ?

Quote:
whats the PIN for? and where do i find it?

the pin is for blackberry messenger.
its how you add people.
you find your pin :
options > status.
it'll be right there.

henz, i requested you on bbm
Chocolate City Movement.

Question... If i get the T-mobile curve with Wi-Fi, unlock it and use it for AT&T, then I will be able to surf the internet for free whereever there is wireless, but does it tell you when you are using wi-fi or not?

So if I purchase Intellisync is there a way I can transfer all 460 contacts with a couple clicks of the mouse? Or by "manual" do you mean I will have to type the names and numbers individually into intellsynce or outlook (im not sure) and then be able to transfer them to my BB? If the later is the case is the only hassle you are avoiding is using your BB keyboard to input hundreds of contacts?

Thanks in advance
FOR SALE: M&N Braves 1974 Away Hank Aaron 4XL, M&N Philies BP jersey NWT XXL,Expos Gary Carter Home 3XL NWT, Petrovic Nets 1992-93 sz 52 NWT, Steve Largent Seahawks sz 52, Bulls Theus sz 52 NWT, Jason Kidd Suns procut home sz 46 +6", Blue Jays BP XXL NWT All-star Shox sz 14 nds. E-mail me at Busdrrver@hotmail.com w/ offers. AOL IM: JMoneyCST

^^^^ Its pretty much the same thing..Jivetalk isnt as quick as aim.but then again what is...but you can setup away msg and what not, i brought it..
Team Macintosh​
Steve Jobs >> Bill Gates​

Quote:
Son I went to the store after work to peep it...I seen that shiny gold and I could not resist....
:lol:
laugh.gif
...We Born To Die...
...In the meantime Get Money...

Originally Posted by PROGANGSTALEAN

Originally Posted by NAPONAPO

jive talk is the best. way worth the 30 bones. best 30 ive ever spent.

also if you have a mac. missing sync is the way to go.

Can't go wrong with JiveTalk, I have YET to have a problem with it.

Jivetalk was 20 bucks for me... but that was around 5 months ago.

i cant figure out how to send the ringtones through bluetooth.. even though both my mac and bb are paired :frown:
frown.gif
EquipoTRIcolor​

Is there a point of getting say a Blackberry Curve with only a voice plan and unlimited text? I do not need the internet and dont plan on spending $30 a monthfor it

Quote:
There is a specific setting required to enable an Intenet application on a T-Mobile BlackBerry to go out to the Web and not get routed into the BlackBerry network.

* Go to "Options", then "Advanced Options", then "TCP".
* Under APN, enter "wap.voicestream.com".
* Leave "Username" and "Password" blank.
:wow:
eek.gif
Team Wolverine
Fire Lloyd
DETROIT LIONS
Fire Millen​

Ive been thinking about getting a pearl for about 3/4months now, Im planning to cop next week but was wondering are there plans for any new models soon?

ok sry, i was wrong.
but still the curve is the best out.
Chocolate City Movement.

yeah when i download the iphone theme nothing happens even with turning it off afterwards ! it says its successfull but no theme????

I can't get opera to work for my Curve. I'm trying to get the 4.2 Beta version, but it just says my phone isn't recognized. Anyone else have this problem?
P - F U N K​

Back
Top Bottom