...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Wow on an impulse buy I'm picking up a Bold tomorrow night from my cousin...then traded my Curve for an iPhone...

I'll try and update on OS 4.6 and the Bold and have pics up as soon as I can.

I'm in Toronto, ON, Canada.

Bolds were given out at a launch party and some business heads were given Bolds to test out last week...I'm pretty sure the unit I received is one ofthose.

From CB
Good News / Bad News: Bold Delayed; Thunder Booms

thunderbold.jpg

Let's start with the bad news. According to the Boy Genius, it seems the device we are eagerly waiting for, the BlackBerry Bold, may get its release date pushed back to September for most carriers (maybe a couple will get it sooner).

What's the good news you ask? Well, it seems the other device we are all waiting for, the touchscreen BlackBerry currently referred to as the Thunder (though more and more incoming intel is suggesting it will actually hit the market as the Storm - the first time ever a BlackBerry smartphone's codename becomes the product name), is top priority for the boys and girls at Waterloo and we can expect a mid-October launch. That's a few weeks sooner than previous rumors.

Here are the details from the BG:
We've been told that the Bold might have been pushed back yet again. What's the whispered launch month now? September for a lot of carriers. That's not to say it couldn't launch sooner on a couple carriers, but that's what we were told. It looks like there are still some problems with the radio code that have to do with network roaming, searching, etc. The Bold software has not even gone GM3 yet, and with weekly builds still coming out, there's nothing to be shipped at this point in time. The hardware side is done, but as usual, these units are waiting for the final flash to start FedExing. Now, what about the BlackBerry Thunder? We've held on to this information for a bit, but now that we've confirmed it with 2 independent sources, we're ready to run with it. Here are the most confirmed Thunder dates: a huge marketing push in the U.S. starting in September, and device release in mid-October on Verizon. We said November because we were betting on a couple week delay which, knowing RIM, certainly wouldn't be out of the question. But, we're told RIM is fully active in doing everything they can to get the Thunder launch-ready, even putting it above the Bold in terms of prioritizing.

Bitter Sweet news I'd say. I just hope Rogers is one of the carriers that does not delay the Bold's release. I'm still hoping for that July 25th announcement. I wants it NOW!

I just got my Sprint Curve in May, and I'm not a real cell phone-geek so I could wait it out. But I know a few who are holding their breath
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by soulize dp

I'm in Toronto, ON, Canada.

Bolds were given out at a launch party and some business heads were given Bolds to test out last week...I'm pretty sure the unit I received is one of those.

I don't know if those applies to you but can't RIM disable your phone, since Bolds aren't scheduled to release yet? It doesn't really applyto you, because you got it while they were handing out legit phones out.

Whats going on guys.

For some reason www.m.youtube.com doesn't really work on my 8310.

I get the following message: "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL."

Any ideas what I should do? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

From CB
Good News / Bad News: Bold Delayed; Thunder Booms

thunderbold.jpg

Let's start with the bad news. According to the Boy Genius, it seems the device we are eagerly waiting for, the BlackBerry Bold, may get its release date pushed back to September for most carriers (maybe a couple will get it sooner).

What's the good news you ask? Well, it seems the other device we are all waiting for, the touchscreen BlackBerry currently referred to as the Thunder (though more and more incoming intel is suggesting it will actually hit the market as the Storm - the first time ever a BlackBerry smartphone's codename becomes the product name), is top priority for the boys and girls at Waterloo and we can expect a mid-October launch. That's a few weeks sooner than previous rumors.

Here are the details from the BG:
We've been told that the Bold might have been pushed back yet again. What's the whispered launch month now? September for a lot of carriers. That's not to say it couldn't launch sooner on a couple carriers, but that's what we were told. It looks like there are still some problems with the radio code that have to do with network roaming, searching, etc. The Bold software has not even gone GM3 yet, and with weekly builds still coming out, there's nothing to be shipped at this point in time. The hardware side is done, but as usual, these units are waiting for the final flash to start FedExing. Now, what about the BlackBerry Thunder? We've held on to this information for a bit, but now that we've confirmed it with 2 independent sources, we're ready to run with it. Here are the most confirmed Thunder dates: a huge marketing push in the U.S. starting in September, and device release in mid-October on Verizon. We said November because we were betting on a couple week delay which, knowing RIM, certainly wouldn't be out of the question. But, we're told RIM is fully active in doing everything they can to get the Thunder launch-ready, even putting it above the Bold in terms of prioritizing.

Bitter Sweet news I'd say. I just hope Rogers is one of the carriers that does not delay the Bold's release. I'm still hoping for that July 25th announcement. I wants it NOW!

I just got my Sprint Curve in May, and I'm not a real cell phone-geek so I could wait it out. But I know a few who are holding their breath
nerd.gif

RIM is startin to piss me off. An they worried abou they stupid touch screen bb they need fix whats at hand first. i mean damn

Whats going on guys.

For some reason www.m.youtube.com doesn't really work on my 8310.

I get the following message: "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL."

Any ideas what I should do? Thanks in advance.

you got 4.5?

if not check your inbox

Thanks for the help blackmagnus514 but I actually got it too work.

Not sure exactly what the problem was but its all good now.

Also, do you or anyone else know of a good site to check MLB box scores? Thanks.

aight i haven't been keeping up and i just checked hofo and the threads are like 100p deep on the topic
laugh.gif

can i get cliffs-

theres TWO new blackberry phones coming out...bold and thunder right?

Sept-oct and later on for the thunder-

the thunder is the "iphone like" joint with the touchscreen right?

enlighten me

Originally Posted by Kingtre

aight i haven't been keeping up and i just checked hofo and the threads are like 100p deep on the topic
laugh.gif

can i get cliffs-

enlighten me
There are FOUR new BB phones coming out in the near future. The Bold and Thunder, as already mentioned. And the Kickstart, which is dumb wack andRIM's first flip style Blackberry. And then we have the Javelin, which is basically the Bold Light with no 3G, made for T-Mobile, most likely. The Javelinis the successor of the Curve, btw...same size, comparable QWERTY, etc.
Bold = AT&T

Javelin = TMO

Kickstart = TMO

Thunder = Verizon

This list is most likely who will carry the phone first. I'm sure that over time, the major carriers will have most of the list for sale, like the Curvenow. Of course nothing is written in stone, but from all accounts these devices will probably go to those wireless providers first.

On another note, I just read BGR.com's review of the Bold. I'm kinda disappointed, to say the least. But then again, they don't have a finalproduction version so hopefully some of the kinks will be straightened out.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

laugh.gif

can i get cliffs-

enlighten me
There are FOUR new BB phones coming out in the near future. The Bold and Thunder, as already mentioned. And the Kickstart, which is dumb wack and RIM's first flip style Blackberry. And then we have the Javelin, which is basically the Bold Light with no 3G, made for T-Mobile, most likely. The Javelin is the successor of the Curve, btw...same size, comparable QWERTY, etc.
Bold = AT&T

Javelin = TMO

Kickstart = TMO

Thunder = Verizon

This list is most likely who will carry the phone first. I'm sure that over time, the major carriers will have most of the list for sale, like the Curve now. Of course nothing is written in stone, but from all accounts these devices will probably go to those wireless providers first.

On another note, I just read BGR.com's review of the Bold. I'm kinda disappointed, to say the least. But then again, they don't have a final production version so hopefully some of the kinks will be straightened out.

According to BlackBerry reps, T-Mo will be getting something additional to the Javelin, something "better" according to their words.

Bold has been delayed to Sept. for "some" if not all carriers as of now. Thunder is the Verizon exclusive, which seems to be getting pushed up.

Yea I got it last nite, one problem. even when I changed the apn back to wap.voicestream.com I cant get Opera Mini to connect.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

laugh.gif

can i get cliffs-

enlighten me
There are FOUR new BB phones coming out in the near future. The Bold and Thunder, as already mentioned. And the Kickstart, which is dumb wack and RIM's first flip style Blackberry. And then we have the Javelin, which is basically the Bold Light with no 3G, made for T-Mobile, most likely. The Javelin is the successor of the Curve, btw...same size, comparable QWERTY, etc.
Bold = AT&T

Javelin = TMO

Kickstart = TMO

Thunder = Verizon

This list is most likely who will carry the phone first. I'm sure that over time, the major carriers will have most of the list for sale, like the Curve now. Of course nothing is written in stone, but from all accounts these devices will probably go to those wireless providers first.

On another note, I just read BGR.com's review of the Bold. I'm kinda disappointed, to say the least. But then again, they don't have a final production version so hopefully some of the kinks will be straightened out.

According to BlackBerry reps, T-Mo will be getting something additional to the Javelin, something "better" according to their words.

Bold has been delayed to Sept. for "some" if not all carriers as of now. Thunder is the Verizon exclusive, which seems to be getting pushed up.
TMO reps stay saying some dumb %$@@ though. Unless the Bold is dropping for TMO, there isn't much coming via RIM that will be better than theJavelin. Because the Kickstart is NOT what's poppin'. That joint looks like they took a Pearl and slapped a Razr flip on it. Horrible. Then again, whoknows---maybe the reps know something that the techie internuts don't. Doubt it though.

so the real joint to have is the thunder? with the touchscreen and all that...and it wont be on tmo?

just got a free blackberry curve

oh yeah!!

i havent set up the data service yet but i will eventually at the beginning of next month

quick question... do i need the data plan to install the newest OS version?

Back
Top Bottom