OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by bjm5295

my dream has come true, i will be attending a stanley cup game in boston on monday.
pimp.gif
I hate you! Have fun though. 

Scott Frost:

Are you referring to McQuaid being a vagina? Didn't you hear Pierre? "McQuaid is one tough hombre"
roll.gif

No, seriously. Mullet man is always throwing down. Especially, the game against Dallas when he threw down with somebody and just murdered the fool.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

my dream has come true, i will be attending a stanley cup game in boston on monday.
pimp.gif
I hate you! Have fun though. 

Scott Frost:

Are you referring to McQuaid being a vagina? Didn't you hear Pierre? "McQuaid is one tough hombre"
roll.gif

No, seriously. Mullet man is always throwing down. Especially, the game against Dallas when he threw down with somebody and just murdered the fool.

Boston picks the only line on Vancouver that had zero guys willing to go.
Typical.

But Boston is alot tougher than Vancouver. They have dominated physical play and suckered Vancouver into playing down to their level.

That said, it won't offer an ounce of comforting knowing Vancouver was the more skilled team, while watching a Boston parade. 

Typical.

But Boston is alot tougher than Vancouver. They have dominated physical play and suckered Vancouver into playing down to their level.

That said, it won't offer an ounce of comforting knowing Vancouver was the more skilled team, while watching a Boston parade. 

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Typical.

They have dominated physical play and suckered Vancouver into playing down to their level.
17426e6463da10fce364e2e7d922de192f8429e2.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Typical.

They have dominated physical play and suckered Vancouver into playing down to their level.
17426e6463da10fce364e2e7d922de192f8429e2.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by Wongtouski

That was a late clean hit, I'm pissed about the 4 game suspension but then when I look at who got suspended, I'm not so mad anymore. Why? Because its Aaron Rome.
A late hit by definition isn't clean. Compounded by the fact it was a airborne head shot (lateral-- yes, but it still was to the head) that knocked a player out of the series, a suspension was justified. Personally, I thought the Mike Murphy would hand out a 2 gamer, but he and the rest of the NHL brass are clearly a sending a message to players that this type of reckless behaviour is no longer acceptable in the NHL.

Also, I don't fully understand why Vancouver fans are complaining about how "unfair" and "tragic" it is that Aaron Rome will miss the rest of the SCF. In the old NHL, a Bruin would have a taken a run at the twins or Kesler.
New NHL or Old NHL, is a 3rd overall pick bust. Comparing him to the Sedins or Kesler ? Where's that Kiefer Sutherland "reaching" pic ?

- The guy never scored more than 62 pts in a season
- He's not even an all star.
- He's the 3rd overall pick in the 2003 draft, the deepest NHL draft in the last decade. He's like Darko having a fluke playoff season.
eyes.gif

That was a late clean hit, I'm pissed about the 4 game suspension but then when I look at who got suspended, I'm not so mad anymore. Why? Because its Aaron Rome.
A late hit by definition isn't clean. Compounded by the fact it was a airborne head shot (lateral-- yes, but it still was to the head) that knocked a player out of the series, a suspension was justified. Personally, I thought the Mike Murphy would hand out a 2 gamer, but he and the rest of the NHL brass are clearly a sending a message to players that this type of reckless behaviour is no longer acceptable in the NHL.

Also, I don't fully understand why Vancouver fans are complaining about how "unfair" and "tragic" it is that Aaron Rome will miss the rest of the SCF. In the old NHL, a Bruin would have a taken a run at the twins or Kesler.
New NHL or Old NHL, is a 3rd overall pick bust. Comparing him to the Sedins or Kesler ? Where's that Kiefer Sutherland "reaching" pic ?

- He's the 3rd overall pick in the 2003 draft, the deepest NHL draft in the last decade. He's like Darko having a fluke playoff season.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by will068

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

How is any of this relevant?

Horton is a productive member of the Bruins offense, and among the team's most skilled players (Personally, I'd rank him as the third most important forward on the team after Krjeci and Bergeron). Certainly, he has been one the Bruins best skaters this postseason. If the B's were to look for revenge, they would do so against a player of similar or higher value. Henrik, Daniel, Kesler, and even Burrows, then, are obvious targets.

But if you want to try to advance that argument, allow me to retort. If you'll recall, the Sedins and Kesler were likewise "busts" until rather recently. Kesler was considered a plug until last year when he broke out offensively (which, in your words, could still be considered a fluke), and the Sedins weren't productive AT ALL until after the lockout. Horton meanwhile was playing on a team full of tomato cans in Florida, and missed 15+ games twice in his first 6 seasons. Further, if (and given the Darko reference, I'm assuming that's a big IF) you followed Horton as a General, you'd understand why he was drafted third overall. Give him some time.

Oh, and for fun, let's compare playoff statlines:

HORTON, NATHAN:
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]      Team[/td][td]   GP[/td][td]  G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]   [/td][td] PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td] SH  [/td][td]GW [/td][td] S[/td][td]    S% [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Bruins[/td] [td]21 [/td][td]   8 [/td][td] 9 [/td][td]17 [/td][td]  11 [/td][td]  35 [/td][td]    1 [/td][td]    0 [/td][td]  3 [/td][td] 52 [/td][td] 15.4
[/td][/tr][/table]
SEDIN, HENRIK:
[table][tr][td]Season   
[/td][td]   Team[/td][td]    GP[/td][td]  G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]  [/td][td]  PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td]  SH [/td][td]  GW [/td][td]  S[/td][td]  S%[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]22 [/td][td]  2 [/td][td]19 [/td][td]21 [/td][td]-6 [/td][td]    12 [/td][td]    1 [/td][td]   0 [/td][td]     1 [/td][td]   38 [/td][td] 5.3
[/td][/tr][/table]
SEDIN, DANIEL:
[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]Season   
[/td][td]  Team[/td][td]    GP[/td][td]   G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]    [/td][td]  PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td]  SH [/td][td]  GW [/td][td]  S[/td][td]  S%[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]22 [/td][td] 9 [/td][td] 9 [/td][td]18 [/td][td]-5 [/td][td]     22 [/td][td]    5 [/td][td]    0 [/td][td]     2 [/td][td]    88 [/td][td] 10.2
[/td][/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
KESLER, RYAN:
[/td][td]  Team[/td][td]    GP[/td][td]  G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]  [/td][td]  PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td]  SH [/td][td]  GW [/td][td]  S[/td][td]  S%[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]22 [/td][td]  7 [/td][td] 12 [/td][td]19 [/td][td] 3 [/td][td]     43 [/td][td]    4 [/td][td]     0 [/td][td]    2 [/td][td]   68 [/td][td] 10.3[/td][/tr][/table]
Pretty even, wouldn't you say?

I never understood why the Canucks and their fans were hated so much around the NHL until this series.

Originally Posted by will068

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

How is any of this relevant?

Horton is a productive member of the Bruins offense, and among the team's most skilled players (Personally, I'd rank him as the third most important forward on the team after Krjeci and Bergeron). Certainly, he has been one the Bruins best skaters this postseason. If the B's were to look for revenge, they would do so against a player of similar or higher value. Henrik, Daniel, Kesler, and even Burrows, then, are obvious targets.

But if you want to try to advance that argument, allow me to retort. If you'll recall, the Sedins and Kesler were likewise "busts" until rather recently. Kesler was considered a plug until last year when he broke out offensively (which, in your words, could still be considered a fluke), and the Sedins weren't productive AT ALL until after the lockout. Horton meanwhile was playing on a team full of tomato cans in Florida, and missed 15+ games twice in his first 6 seasons. Further, if (and given the Darko reference, I'm assuming that's a big IF) you followed Horton as a General, you'd understand why he was drafted third overall. Give him some time.

Oh, and for fun, let's compare playoff statlines:

HORTON, NATHAN:
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]      Team[/td][td]   GP[/td][td]  G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]   [/td][td] PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td] SH  [/td][td]GW [/td][td] S[/td][td]    S% [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Bruins[/td] [td]21 [/td][td]   8 [/td][td] 9 [/td][td]17 [/td][td]  11 [/td][td]  35 [/td][td]    1 [/td][td]    0 [/td][td]  3 [/td][td] 52 [/td][td] 15.4
[/td][/tr][/table]
SEDIN, HENRIK:
[table][tr][td]Season   
[/td][td]   Team[/td][td]    GP[/td][td]  G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]  [/td][td]  PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td]  SH [/td][td]  GW [/td][td]  S[/td][td]  S%[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]22 [/td][td]  2 [/td][td]19 [/td][td]21 [/td][td]-6 [/td][td]    12 [/td][td]    1 [/td][td]   0 [/td][td]     1 [/td][td]   38 [/td][td] 5.3
[/td][/tr][/table]
SEDIN, DANIEL:
[/td][td]  Team[/td][td]    GP[/td][td]   G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]    [/td][td]  PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td]  SH [/td][td]  GW [/td][td]  S[/td][td]  S%[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]22 [/td][td] 9 [/td][td] 9 [/td][td]18 [/td][td]-5 [/td][td]     22 [/td][td]    5 [/td][td]    0 [/td][td]     2 [/td][td]    88 [/td][td] 10.2
[/td][/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
KESLER, RYAN:
[/td][td]  Team[/td][td]    GP[/td][td]  G[/td][td]  A [/td][td]  P [/td][td]  [/td][td]  PIM [/td][td]  PP [/td][td]  SH [/td][td]  GW [/td][td]  S[/td][td]  S%[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2010-2011[/td] [td]Canucks[/td] [td]22 [/td][td]  7 [/td][td] 12 [/td][td]19 [/td][td] 3 [/td][td]     43 [/td][td]    4 [/td][td]     0 [/td][td]    2 [/td][td]   68 [/td][td] 10.3[/td][/tr][/table]
Pretty even, wouldn't you say?

I never understood why the Canucks and their fans were hated so much around the NHL until this series.

Back
Top Bottom