***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

idk how to describe the west coast sound, but if you can't hear it when you listen to MKL for example, idk what to tell you

Harry Fraud

While i agree he makes great beats and people seem to do great work on them he just hasnt put up the number as Mustard or say mike will.

Wouldnt normally use wiki as a source it works in this case

Harry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Fraud

Mustard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Mustard

Harry just doesnt have the hits yet to keep up and break the new york sound across the whole country. When or if he does i can see chinx being talked about in the same fashion as YG is now.

Actually Kendrick does have a West Coast sound, just a different spin on it. If you didn't know where either were from and listened to both of their albums for the first time, it would be pretty easy to tell. It's very refreshing since a lot of that distinctive regionality is missing.

That's because of some of his subject matter, but if you took that out it would be a very universal album

Thus, Hit Boy, Pharrell, Just Blaze

Even if you look at who the west coast producers have produced for before, it's all over the map.

That's because of some of his subject matter, but if you took that out it would be a very universal album

Thus, Hit Boy, Pharrell, Just Blaze

Even if you look at who the west coast producers have produced for before, it's all over the map.
The classic west coast influence is CLEARLY present on that album

All 3 of those dudes you named clearly went into those sessions with a focus of fusing the west sound with their usual styles. It certainly isn't JUST the subject matter where the influence lies.

There's no way you can listen to backseat, maad city, and Compton and not hear the influence in the sound.

Last edited:
West coast influence, because he's a west coast artist and some subject matter.

But overall it's a very neutral album.

That's why he sold.

Schoolboy Q's is the same way.

Someone like Jay Rock is more classic west coast, and would have a harder time garnering universal appeal.

That's why artist become popular. They transcend a region. You have a ton of south artist that are popular, but don't sell any records other than singles.

You're basically in agreement. YG and Kendrick Lamar are doing a new spin on that classic west coast sound, while Jay Rock has done it in a more traditional sense. Theres a handful of artists that minus a couple of references to their city/state, you would have no idea where they're from, as if they just use a template.

Some of these La cats come off as lame and corny to me. Also I cant stand that ****in bafoonin *** charlie mang

I thoroughly enjoyed that YG DJ MUstard Interview
laugh.gif
 DJ Mustard like Young Chop

Something is seriously OFF about Sage :lol: "I hung around all girls my brothers didn't really **** with me" :rofl:

Envy finally articulated something right for ONCE. He was definitely on to something with the late bloomer comment.

Last edited:
Son made a women his "girlfriend" off the Internet before meeting her. :smh:

Part of the game is that?

Talking about " I wanted to get married since 5, I had a lot of girls around me growing up"

"No girls allowed backstage only my homies"

Son whole vibe is off, just look at his face in the still image. :lol:

Last edited:
"don't let him play you dog"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"they call those pedophiles sage"

why was dude next to envy grilling charlamagne after that :lol:

Last edited:
weird interview lol

"I cant believe Drake didn't do a song with you "
roll.gif

They probably were clowning dude as he left off air