***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

This is false. A hit is a song that charts well and you can't go anywhere without hearing it, which is basically every Soulja Boy song except Birdwalk and Donk. I never heard Birdwalk and Donk outside of watching twerk videos.

Twerk videos make a hit? And made him how much money?

In ten years or twenty Soulja Boy will be known for Crank That.

Because it was popular to black, white and older audiences and was a transcendent song. If he was putting out all these hits he wouldn't have been dropped and his second and third albums wouldn't have flopped.

Hit records don't automatically=record sales tho. He's not that type of artist who is gonna go platinum over and over. Amongst all the **** **** he did in his time u gotta respect the boy grind. I remember hearing he would rename **** and Rick roll people with his music before when blew up. Talking bout new 50 cent and u click it and it would be his **** :lol:.

His first song was number one for several weeks. He only had one other top 5 song. A number one song is a hit.

His first album sold because of his first single and it was down hill after that.

Sure Donk and Turn On My Swag got played, but they weren't hits. Record labels force radio stations to play songs, especially one they want a return on their investment on.

So he had followed up his #1 song in the country....with a number #3 song in the country. But because it wasn't #1...he's a "one hit wonder" :lol:.

That's like saying Fetty Wap is a "one hit wonder". Stop it man.

Can't believe I'm defending Soulja boy :lol:. But you're really selling the man short when he followed up his hit record with other platinum, top 20,30,40 & 50 hit records. As well as viral and club hits.

No idea how one hasn't heard "she got a donk" in the club/party. It's almost like....a big booty twerking woman wil magically appear on you when that comes on.

So he had followed up his #1 song in the country....with a number #3 song in the country. But because it wasn't #1...he's a "one hit wonder" :lol:.

Can't believe I'm defending Soulja boy :lol:. But you're really selling the man short when he followed up his hit record with other platinum, top 20,30,40 & 50 hit records. As well as viral and club hits.

No idea how one hasn't heard "she got a donk" in the club/party. It's almost like....a big booty twerking woman wil magically appear on you when that comes on.

I can't believe ****** not tryna put respect on Soulja name. :lol:

I can tell y'all ain't been no where.

What my man said about "She Got A Donk" couldn't be more true.

This is false. A hit is a song that charts well and you can't go anywhere without hearing it, which is basically every Soulja Boy song except Birdwalk and Donk. I never heard Birdwalk and Donk outside of watching twerk videos.

Twerk videos make a hit? And made him how much money?

In ten years or twenty Soulja Boy will be known for Crank That.

Because it was popular to black, white and older audiences and was a transcendent song. If he was putting out all these hits he wouldn't have been dropped and his second and third albums wouldn't have flopped.

I said those two weren't considered hits. READ :lol:

Donk not a hit :x that ho lowkey classic honestly
You can play it anywhere and *** shaking will ensue

dude is moving the goal posts just to make a point that no one even asked for :smh: :lol:

Got people DEFENDING soulja boy :lol:

DONK is up there with Back that *** up, Get Low and whistle while you twerk in the Twerk hall of fame

Donk not a hit :x that ho lowkey classic honestly
You can play it anywhere and *** shaking will ensue

dude is moving the goal posts just to make a point that no one even asked for :smh: :lol:

Got people DEFENDING soulja boy :lol:

DONK is up there with Back that *** up, Get Low and whistle while you twerk in the Twerk hall of fame

Songs that are like 121 or whatever on the charts can't be considered hits, but all of Soulja Boy's other stuff are definitely hits. I'm not even sure how that's debatable.

Forgot about Gucci Bandana too. he really does have a lot of hits.

:rofl: at the thought of if it's not #1, then it's not considered a hit

Her booty got swag her booty got swag... damn man, we really gotta make a appreciation thread for this ***** now :lol:. That and donk will have u Nutting your pants in the right spots.

You're comparing someone who had three number one hits, to someone who had one?

Songs that are like 121 or whatever on the charts can't be considered hits, but all of Soulja Boy's other stuff are definitely hits. I'm not even sure how that's debatable.

Forgot about Gucci Bandana too. he really does have a lot of hits.

:rofl: at the thought of if it's not #1, then it's not considered a hit

A hit transcends genres, races, radio formats and geographics. The charts normally depict that. Being popular among black people 13-21 doesn't make it a hit.

Because you were 14 at the time listening to Soulja Boy doesn't mean that everyone else was.

Again, if he had so many hits, why did he get dropped and why was the drop off from his first to his second so great? He went from a platinum artist to a wood overnight.

Last edited:
****** saying Donk not a hit? I'm done with yall

I very clearly remember my friends teaching my and my college roommate the Crank That at Kings Dominion one summer.

Kiss me through the phone was number one for weeks on 106 "Kiss Me thru The Phone" was 2009's eighth best selling single with over 5.7 million copies sold worldwide from wikipedia

Soulja is a clown but he had a good little run

myt be getting in when Donk come on. :lol:

Crank That is his most known song but Souja had some bangers/party joints. They wasn't the super mainstream songs but he was more than a one hit wonder.

myt be getting in when Donk come on. :lol:

Crank That is his most known song but Souja had some bangers/party joints. They wasn't the super mainstream songs but he was more than a one hit wonder.

2007 was a fun year :lol:

Pretty Boy Swag & Turn My Swag on go off in a party. The regula & gogo version of Gucci Bandanna do too.

Even if he didn't chart high on the official charts Soulja is far from a one hit wonder. Lot of artists don't chart and have their own followings "hood" hits.

While yall are putting some respect on his name lets not forget he caught the tailend of the ringtone era.

Im sure he sold XX million ringtones with all those songs.

Back
Top Bottom