***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

To keep it a buck i just try to ignore these lil ****** as much as possible, I don't listen to much radio but i think it's safe to say that Uzi, Thug, Savage, Yachty etc etc aren't exactly making hit records. They have their fan base but outside of these dickriding hipster *** blogs that music doesn't really cross my path much.

I don't know what the appeal is to some of these ****** but that's what they like. I only get annoyed when one of these dusty face lil ****** start to claim so & so isn't "Hot" while idolizing a rapper who ain't did **** in their own right.

It's all about demographics, these lil ****** claim to be king of the "youth" but in reality they are in a very small pocket. There's A LOT of youth following Cole, Kendrick, Drake.... there's another group that **** with Herb, Bibby, Dave East, Youn M.A... another group that ***** heavy with Migos, future, Gucci etc etc

Most of the youth ain't following these artist as much as the internet has made it seem. Hence i'm in NYC i've never heard a single ***** bring up Yachty.... but the younging over here are bumping Meek, Uzi, A Boogie.

All in ALL the guys who are really atleast attempting to make timeless music are much more influential then the **** the internet will make you believe is big. These lil ****** are just Lil B part deux, it seems larger than life in certain pockets of the internet, but once you break away the influence & notoriety Fades at a rapid pace.

Co-sign, they really have no movement and sell no records. These clown bloggers make it seem like these
artists can sell out the Garden with the fan base they have. It's not going to happen and it never will, the
quality of the music just isn't there. Trash rappers, with super struggle bars and great beats. I don't care if the
beat is from Metro, besides Future who sloowly creep to gold it's not moving.

Bruh Yachty on one of the biggest songs of 2016, #5 on hot 100. 1 Night been on there about 3 months and is creeping into the top 50. 21 and Uzi both on like 4 songs that's on the hot 100 right now. You saying you haven't heard a ***** bring up Yachty means absolutely nothing, I could just as easily say I don't know anybody that listen to G-Eazy :lol:

Just say you don't like the music and leave it at that bruh damn :lol: . These _'s have fans and lots of em, some of the same people bumping Cole and Kendrick in their headphones at the house will know all the words to Broccoli, etc when they pull up to the function. You don't have to understand it, I don't see the appeal in Screamo but that **** came back hard in 2016.

I swear it just pains some of y'all dudes to see some young _'s who ain't making the music y'all like succeed :smh:

Last edited:
Bruh Yachty on one of the biggest songs of 2016, #5 on hot 100. 1 Night been on there about 3 months and is creeping into the top 50. 21 and Uzi both on like 4 songs that's on the hot 100 right now. You saying you haven't heard a ***** bring up Yachty means absolutely nothing, I could just as easily say I don't know anybody that listen to G-Eazy :lol:

Just say you don't like the music and leave it at that bruh damn :lol: . These _'s have fans and lots of em, some of the same people bumping Cole and Kendrick in their headphones at the house will know all the words to Broccoli, etc when they pull up to the function. You don't have to understand it, I don't see the appeal in Screamo but that **** came back hard in 2016.

I swear it just pains some of y'all dudes to see some young _'s who ain't making the music y'all like succeed :smh:

I'm not gonna get into this debate anymore my *****.... These dudes have a small time buzz, the average casual hiphop fan does not know WTF 21 Savage is. I said HITS... crawling up to the top 50 is not certified a hit. Releasing projects and selling 100K overall doesn't make you a star.. there's levels, yes they have a fan base... The fanbase is SMALL when compared to some of the bigger hiphop acts that's all i'm saying.

Idk anybody who mentions G-Eazy either.... However i do know that he's selling A Lot, i do know that he's Doing nationwide ARENA tours... there's something to back up his "stardom" and presence even if it's not a demographic i rock with. These other cats are still developing a buzz & being talked about as if there wildly influential. ****** is 6th men at best and touch a REALLY small percentage of the Hiphop demographic.

And yes i do have a problem with young ****** selling trash & succeeding, because it allows for even more dilution of the music that i love. Excuse me for expecting "Artist" to study their craft and try and improve.

I'm tired of this **** ***** mindset that if someone is making money, then we should just let them rock. you get shamed for having standards in anything.

I'm not gonna get into this debate anymore my *****.... These dudes have a small time buzz, the average casual hiphop fan does not know WTF 21 Savage is. I said HITS... crawling up to the top 50 is not certified a hit. Releasing projects and selling 100K overall doesn't make you a star.. there's levels, yes they have a fan base... The fanbase is SMALL when compared to some of the bigger hiphop acts that's all i'm saying.

Idk anybody who mentions G-Eazy either.... However i do know that he's selling A Lot, i do know that he's Doing nationwide ARENA tours... there's something to back up his "stardom" and presence even if it's not a demographic i rock with. These other cats are still developing a buzz & being talked about as if there wildly influential. ****** is 6th men at best and touch a REALLY small percentage of the Hiphop demographic.

And yes i do have a problem with young ****** selling trash & succeeding, because it allows for even more dilution of the music that i love. Excuse me for expecting "Artist" to study their craft and try and improve.

I'm tired of this **** ***** mindset that if someone is making money, then we should just let them rock. you get shamed for having standards in anything.

21 Savage just released a song with the biggest rapper in the world. You tell me, how "small time" is his buzz if that's possible?

You honestly just sound like one of those old bitter dudes who complain about how hip hop "used" to be, like we haven't had these types of dudes in Hip Hop before. You don't like the music, and that's ok, but don't discredit these youngs dudes man.

You telling me the people selling out venues to see a Rae Sremm/Yachty show are die hard hip hop fans? :lol:

Rap is pop culture now. A big portion of the people cashing out on these ****** are "casual hip hop fans". They don't wanna hear Vince and Lupe spit about real ****, they'd rather hear Broccoli, Black Beatles, etc and that's cool. It's room out here for everybody.

This **** been diluted for 20 years tho bro cmon. It didn't start with these ****** and it damn sure ain't gonna end with em either.

Last edited:
You telling me the people selling out venues to see a Rae Sremm/Yachty show are die hard hip hop fans? :lol:

Rap is pop culture now. A big portion of the people cashing out on these ****** are "casual hip hop fans". They don't wanna hear Vince and Lupe spit about real ****, they'd rather hear Broccoli, Black Beatles, etc and that's cool. It's room out here for everybody.

This **** been diluted for 20 years tho bro cmon. It didn't start with these ****** and it damn sure ain't gonna end with em either.

I know that and i'm not disputing that... what i am saying is that those tier of guys simply are not as influential over that demographic as people are making it seem. Whenever we have these discussions about the state of hiphop we are constantly talking about these kind of dudes, but truthfully they aren't the faces of hiphop to the new generation overall. They have influence in small pockets.

Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean, Meek, Wiz, A$AP, Wale, Future are the guys who are at the forefront for this generation... and i think all the artist that i named all attempt to make good music and care about their craft. Some i mess with more than others but either way they care about the content hence why they have received the tangible success.

The way we keep having these discussions about Yachty is like he has Drake like influence.. his sound doesn't represent the music that is most popular in the overall hiphop scale of things.

Knowing that it just doesn't annoy me as much because it's like cats like him our just preaching to their choir, what there fanbase likes and wants isn't indicative of what most of the youth likes.

My man basically said where do kids ages 13-17 find drugs? Can't be that blind to what's going out out here. Can't be. :smh:

My man basically said where do kids ages 13-17 find drugs? Can't be that blind to what's going out out here. Can't be. :smh:

Dummy, I said ADULTS are providing them with the stuff. So, stop blaming musicians for the kids doing and finding the drugs. Read and comprehend, they are one in the same bruh, learn. I said I can't understand how a 13-17 year old goes about asking for, or requesting. They're asking other kids, who are corner boys and getting the product from guess who... adults. Idiot

Dummy, I said ADULTS are providing them with the stuff. So, stop blaming musicians for the kids doing and finding the drugs. Read and comprehend, they are one in the same bruh, learn. I said I can't understand how a 13-17 year old goes about asking for, or requesting. They're asking other kids, who are corner boys and getting the product from guess who... adults. Idiot

Ok internet gangster... so you're telling me a kid can't hear one of these songs and hear the drugs mentioned and glorified and then wonder about them?
These rappers introduce them to the different terms used for the drugs and everything.

Not saying that's every case be you're the ******* fool if think that music can't influence it. If you chose to be that delusional thats your business.

Yachty, 21 Savage and Uzi are trash. I've listened to pieces of their projects mainly 21 cuz he's tolerable than the other 2 but these dudes are poppin. They're not Drake, Kendrick or J Cole hot but they're out here. Especially for dudes who are brand new and they're getting more momentum.

Ok internet gangster... so you're telling me a kid can't hear one of these songs and hear the drugs mentioned and glorified and then wonder about them?
These rappers introduce them to the different terms used for the drugs and everything.

Not saying that's every case be you're the ******* fool if think that music can't influence it. If you chose to be that delusional thats your business.

Dawg, not once did I say the music didn't influence. Now I'm a gangster because I checked your misinformed self, silly. I said a parent should be their child's biggest role model, as well as tell them consequences and repercussions of the acts. No, their not oblivious to what goes on. Just tell them what can happen if you do drugs and whatnot.

My man Ty was going hard for Designer who's just as much trash as Yachty and even worse than 21. :lol:

NOPEEEEEEEEEEE.... i don't know how many times i have to reiterate i defended Desiigner due to the hypocrisy being shown around him being "Original" yet bolstering those artist.

With that said the Desiigners B-Grade rendition of Future>>>>> anything i've Ever heard from yachty or 21. Uzi is by far the best out of the colored dread heads.

Yachty, 21 Savage and Uzi are trash. I've listened to pieces of their projects mainly 21 cuz he's tolerable than the other 2 but these dudes are poppin. They're not Drake, Kendrick or J Cole hot but they're out here. Especially for dudes who are brand new and they're getting more momentum.

Basically these artist will be lucky to have the success of say a Meek Mill, and in my opinion he's reached his max out level.
The artist that are actually moving the bar are the artist who evolve the sound of their music. Look what happened to Chief
Keef, it's a perfect example of what will happen to Uzi, Yatchy and 21 but they don't even have the major single that he had.

It's basically single's music in mainstream hip-hop right now. This music has to some extent always been about hit records.
The problem is the artist development, these single's translate to buzz but no long term success. In the process they water
down the music with wack lyrics and generic beats, everybody loses.

I'd listen to G-easy over all them, a least he's actually trying to flow in his songs.

I think some of you are severely underestimating the reach of dudes like Yachty, Thug, etc.

If you're still judging them under the traditional metrics of Rap...(i.e. - album sales) then you're looking in the wrong place. The internet has allowed for artists to carve out niche fan bases. Music is free. If you are able to make money off of sales...great...but it's not the end all be all anymore. Numbers say Young Thug "sold" however many thousands of record...but you're lying to yourselves if you don't think MILLIONS listened. Sprite isn't choosing Lil Yachty to promote their product if they don't believe he has influence.

I had to explain this to people when they thought that Odd Future only had fans on the "internet" because they personally didn't know anyone that listened to them. Meanwhile, they were traveling the world selling out venues and inciting riots outside.

The world is bigger than your block. These kids have cult like followings. If Lil Yachty announced a surprise show in NYC right now...It would sell out under an hour. 

filmstrip

Last edited:
U dont really believe designer>21

Last edited:
I think some of you are severely underestimating the reach of dudes like Yachty, Thug, etc.

If you're still judging them under the traditional metrics of Rap...(i.e. - album sales) then you're looking in the wrong place. The internet has allowed for artists to carve out niche fan bases. Music is free. If you are able to make money off of sales...great...but it's not the end all be all anymore. Numbers say Young Thug "sold" however many thousands of record...but you're lying to yourselves if you don't think MILLIONS listened. Sprite isn't choosing Lil Yachty to promote their product if they don't believe he has influence.

I had to explain this to people when they thought that Odd Future only had fans on the "internet" because they personally didn't know anyone that listened to them. Meanwhile, they were traveling the world selling out venues and inciting riots outside.

The world is bigger than your block. These kids have cult like followings. If Lil Yachty announced a surprise show in NYC right now...It would sell out under an hour. 

filmstrip

Repped.

filmstrip

Precisely.

We have to decide what the metrics of success are in rap now that albums are all but dead.

But it's an argument that goes in circles because neither Game or Yachty is doing over 100k, yet one is gonna be in Sprite commercials and have ten Noisey/Fader mini-documentaries and one has to start beef/put up **** pics to get buzz and still can't manage to do so.

I think it all comes down to you being able to make your own a la carte rap experience now, so there's gonna be who the younger crowd thinks is hot from hearing them all at parties, on Twitter, on aux's, and then there are gonna be the older Games, Buddens, etc. who haven't completely fell off and can still do 30-50k records independently, but probably aren't gonna get attention from anyone younger than 25 without doing some extra publicity stunt like releasing 5 Drake disses or starting beef with Meek Mill.

It's all based on who you hang around. I think the conversation of who's more popping comes in when you remember that hip hop has always been and always will be dominated by what's next and what the youth likes. So the 60-70k core 14-22 fans of Lil yachty willing to spend money on him (and the tens of thousands more that are paying attention to him on social media and his brand) are much more valuable to a Sprite or Nautica than the 30-50k core 26-40 fans of Game who are starting families and not really about to go full fledge into a lifestyle change of how they dress/talk/consume/etc. the way that a 14-20 year old would do for the Yachty/Uzi/21 Savage's.

In short, neither Yachty or Game is moving that many albums but i think it's safe to say Yachty is more popping and more influential because his audience is younger and more malleable than Game's audience.

Last edited:

filmstrip

This is the thing tho...... There's literally dozens upon dozens of artist who can do the same & yet based off the music they make or the demographic their touching it isn't considered hot or being the face of rap.

Guys like run the Jewels, Curren$y, Smoke Dza, Tech Nine, Joey Bad***** etc etc have been touring the same venues if not larger, dropping project after project and doing 10-20K per drop yet nobody would dare mention them as some of the "Hottest" rappers. Solely because they don't touch a truly LARGE portion of hiphop fans. The same thing can be said for Yachty, 21 etc etc..... they too are touring and selling 10K + off of mixtapes and streams, but in the bigger picture of things they still have a niche fan base. That's not a knock on them whatsoever, they have influence over a certain portion of the Hiphop demographic.

This isn't early 90's no more as a lot of the younger cats would love to say. We're in an era where rap isn't solely for the youth. Back then it was a fairly new artform, we are 4 decades in and the age range of the Hiphop fan has grown substantially.

Also back when the youth were SNATCHING the spotlight from the older heads by creating better product. The older cats weren't brushed aside because of age, they started to lose interest because the younger generation of rappers were hungrier and started creating better music. That is far from the case now however.

Hence why the Fathers of A lot of these ****** (Jeezy, Gucci, Future) are all well over 30+ and still having more success and impact then the newer artist. This new generation isn't gaining the traction because the music is only speaking to a specific demo.

So if Curren$y does 20,000 & 21 does 20,000 & they both selling out the same venues.... it doesn't matter if 21 is getting played in strip clubs & college parties... that does not mean he's a hotter artist. they just get their spins and support from different fanbases.

Surely record sales aren't the only way to gauge public interest.... however when there's a tier of artist still doing really good numbers (who are also beloved by the youth) that should serve as notice that these people aren't exactly as big *** people think.

Perfect example for the past TWO years people been saying things like Thug is hotter than so & so mainstream artist. 3 projects in the past year (that could be DL for free or streamed) all did 30K.
Meek mill coming off beef with the biggest rapper in the game, became a social media punchline, very little music prior to the release...... he comes out and does nearly 90K off a free mixtape with no singles

Meek was the punchline of those festival, druggy rap type kids. Was consistently told he was done on the Internet & he totaled what thug did in a year on one tape. Under the same conditions.

What is a casual hip hop fan though?

When people say that I always imagined the suburban Donald Trump Jr. looking *** frat boys or their female counterparts.

And they would certainly know who 21 Savage is *if they marginally pay attention at parties or Twitter...whether it be from the viral Genius videos they did with him, "Issa Knife" memes, or Red Opps/No Heart/Dip Dip/X ***** ringing off at parties...

I feel like a lot of people still feel like the "casual fan" is little Gilbert in Bubble ****, Wisconsin who needs the TRL top 5 to tell him what's popping and all the new slang...

That may have been the case in 02 but little Gilbert from bubble **** wisconsin now has the same access to Twitter that you and I do (and often times things make it to internet rap forums like these way later than they initially come through Twitter)...everyone is an internet rap fan now...

a lot of the white dudes i come in contact with on campus try harder to be trendy than the ****** i be around...saying "DatWay" and "Oooouuu" 5x a sentence :lol:...wearing Patagonia and LL Bean boots and asking me if i know about 21 Savage or Kodak black :lol:

Twitter has erased a lot of the divide of what the "casual" fan used to beg

The internet is in everyone's pockets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom