***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

U dont really believe designer>21

You really underestimate how trash i think this ***** is. him & yachty are the only two hyped internet artist that i haven't heard ONE song that was atleast decent. ***** Got a instrumental mixtape that the most average of trap rappers could have turned into a great project..... and sucked the life out of every single one of those beats with that passive agressive *** flow and Silk the Shocker delivery.

Even with Yachty i can see how his personality can draw a teen in, 21 on the other hand :smh:

To think trouble is out here not being able to catch a wave & this ***** is getting Drake placements. despicable

What is a casual hip hop fan though?

When people say that I always imagined the suburban Donald Trump Jr. looking *** frat boys or their female counterparts.

And they would certainly know who 21 Savage is *if they marginally pay attention at parties or Twitter...whether it be from the viral Genius videos they did with him, "Issa Knife" memes, or Red Opps/No Heart/Dip Dip/X ***** ringing off at parties...

I feel like a lot of people still feel like the "casual fan" is little Gilbert in Bubble ****, Wisconsin who needs the TRL top 5 to tell him what's popping and all the new slang...

That may have been the case in 02 but little Gilbert from bubble **** wisconsin now has the same access to Twitter that you and I do (and often times things make it to internet rap forums like these way later than they initially come through Twitter)...everyone is an internet rap fan now...

a lot of the white dudes i come in contact with on campus try harder to be trendy than the ****** i be around...saying "DatWay" and "Oooouuu" 5x a sentence :lol:...wearing Patagonia and LL Bean boots and asking me if i know about 21 Savage or Kodak black :lol:

Twitter has erased a lot of the divide of what the "casual" fan used to beg

The internet is in everyone's pockets

A casual fan is someone who does not know about the genre. A person who knows about Outkast, Jay-Z, Nas, Young Dro, Pimp C, Scarface, Future, Drake, Wale, Cudi, Dave East, would be considered an avid fan. A person that only knows about Drake, and nobody else that I typed, is a casual fan.

I.E, I'm a fan of the Beatles or Rolling Stones, but don't know much more about Rock & Roll.

A casual listener of a genre has no say-so or grounds to judge who's good or great in a genre, if they don't know much about the music. Simple

And bro, whether you believe it or not, not everyone is an active user of twitter or social media :lol:

Last edited:
I know that and i'm not disputing that... what i am saying is that those tier of guys simply are not as influential over that demographic as people are making it seem. Whenever we have these discussions about the state of hiphop we are constantly talking about these kind of dudes, but truthfully they aren't the faces of hiphop to the new generation overall. They have influence in small pockets.

Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Big Sean, Meek, Wiz, A$AP, Wale, Future are the guys who are at the forefront for this generation... and i think all the artist that i named all attempt to make good music and care about their craft. Some i mess with more than others but either way they care about the content hence why they have received the tangible success.

The way we keep having these discussions about Yachty is like he has Drake like influence.. his sound doesn't represent the music that is most popular in the overall hiphop scale of things.

Knowing that it just doesn't annoy me as much because it's like cats like him our just preaching to their choir, what there fanbase likes and wants isn't indicative of what most of the youth likes.

but everyone you just named is pushing 30, some even their mid 30's.

Wale isn't relating more to a 16 year old more than Yachty or Uzi.

Even with Drake, its kinda starting to get weird to hear a 30 year old man rapping about preferring to live in a luxury frat house with his homies instead of just getting a wife

Future is in his mid 30's and it was kinda corny to see him trying to hit dem folks and **** :lol:

these dudes aren't 23-24 anymore

the same divide that occurred last decade that replaced the Hov/Snoop/Em/Cam/etc. with Kanye/50/TI/Wayne (and then those guys were eventually replaced with Drake/Kendrick/Cole/Sean/Wale) is happening now...every 5-6 years of rap has a new generation of stars

that being said, I don't see Yachty being apart of that new forefront, it will probably be Chance, Travis, someone out of Tory/Thug/Kodak/Uzi and someone we haven't really heard of yet

Last edited:
A casual fan is someone who does not know about the genre. A person who knows about Outkast, Jay-Z, Nas, Young Dro, Pimp C, Scarface, Future, Drake, Wale, Cudi, Dave East, would be considered an avid fan. A person that only knows about Drake, and nobody else that I typed, is a casual fan.

I.E, I'm a fan of the Beatles or Rolling Stones, but don't know much more about Rock & Roll.

A casual listener of a genre has no say-so or grounds to judge who's good or great in a genre, if they don't know much about the music. Simple

And bro, whether you believe it or not, not everyone is an active user of twitter or social media :lol:

idk

all i'm saying is that if you're a consumer of rap as a 16-24 year old with an internet connection, you probably know who 21 savage or uzi or yachty is...you might not be able to recite their whole tape back to back but you've heard a verse or are at least aware of who they are

if not, then how do you consume music and stay relatively up to date on what's going on? to not know who 21 savage is you would have to not go to parties, not look at other peoples snap chats, not get on Twitter and saw the "Issa Knife" memes, etc.

your main media consumption...as an 18-24 year old... would have to be tv and radio with little to no social media use

and while i guess those people do potentially exist...that's obviously not the CASUAL fan when Snapchat just got a projection $3 or $4 billion IPO and Twitter is now streaming Presidential debates and NFL games...obviously a large portion of the population in general...and subsequently the millennial demographic we are talking about here...use these platforms

What is a casual hip hop fan though?

When people say that I always imagined the suburban Donald Trump Jr. looking *** frat boys or their female counterparts.

And they would certainly know who 21 Savage is *if they marginally pay attention at parties or Twitter...whether it be from the viral Genius videos they did with him, "Issa Knife" memes, or Red Opps/No Heart/Dip Dip/X ***** ringing off at parties...

I feel like a lot of people still feel like the "casual fan" is little Gilbert in Bubble ****, Wisconsin who needs the TRL top 5 to tell him what's popping and all the new slang...

That may have been the case in 02 but little Gilbert from bubble **** wisconsin now has the same access to Twitter that you and I do (and often times things make it to internet rap forums like these way later than they initially come through Twitter)...everyone is an internet rap fan now...

a lot of the white dudes i come in contact with on campus try harder to be trendy than the ****** i be around...saying "DatWay" and "Oooouuu" 5x a sentence :lol:...wearing Patagonia and LL Bean boots and asking me if i know about 21 Savage or Kodak black :lol:

Twitter has erased a lot of the divide of what the "casual" fan used to beg

The internet is in everyone's pockets

Okay once again where is the tangible proof that he's one of the "hottest" artist out..... don't tell be about some nut *** white boy yelling a catch phrase, or about how many times his meme's were viewed... Hell that same **** could be said for Welvin or A-town.

Sales, shows, reach of the brand are still the biggest displays of being truly known as an artist.

Wale gets KILLED on the internet... yet everytime he drops he has a top 20 billboard single, he doing 100K first week, he's selling out WORLDWIDE tours, doing arena shows in the states. Based off purely the internet you would think that a 21 or a yachty would be able to atleast replicate that but they can't. Because as of now they have a small fanbase that really supports them.

The same way your saying a guy like game isn't followed by millenials and they could care less about him is equal to a 30 year old in the hood who could give two ***** about a lil yachty. This works both ways.

Yachty is "Hot" amongst 14-20 yr olds cool. they will fill up a 2000 seat venue for hi,. Game is hot amongst the 25 & over crowd they will fill out a 2000 seat venue for him.

2000 people are 2000 people........ it doesn't matter if the crowd is filled with 14 yr olds or 40 yr olds... at the end of the day it's the same amount of support.

Unless your trying to create #1 billboard hits a rapper doesn't need the "Youth" anymore than the youth needs the "oldheads". Tickets sold are tickets sold, Merch is Merch, Album sales/streams are Album sales & streams.

Last edited:
idk

all i'm saying is that if you're a consumer of rap as a 16-24 year old with an internet connection, you probably know who 21 savage or uzi or yachty is...you might not be able to recite their whole tape back to back but you've heard a verse or are at least aware of who they are

if not, then how do you consume music and stay relatively up to date on what's going on? to not know who 21 savage is you would have to not go to parties, not look at other peoples snap chats, not get on Twitter and saw the "Issa Knife" memes, etc.

your main media consumption...as an 18-24 year old... would have to be tv and radio with little to no social media use

and while i guess those people do potentially exist...that's obviously not the CASUAL fan when Snapchat just got a projection $3 or $4 billion IPO and Twitter is now streaming Presidential debates and NFL games...obviously a large portion of the population in general...and subsequently the millennial demographic we are talking about here...use these platforms

You know millenials are considered 1980-1995 births? Therefore, the Oldest Millenials are 36 years old, the youngest would be 21. Millenials are not teenagers bruh, if you mean the generation after, yea. Again not everyone has a twitter or snap. My 22 year old brother who attends Bethune Cookman College, doesn't have a twitter, he does have an instagram but is not that active. 21, Uzi, and Yachty have been around for 2 years top, yachty being newer. Who were their new fans listening to, over 2 years ago? How did designer have such a "huge" song, but got boo'd at the 76ers game, or people clowning his BET awards performance? You're not making sense. Just because something is in someone's face, doesn't mean they're paying attention or caring about it, lol

And did you really say someone who's a considered a casual fan of music is doesn't know about social media apps? Dawg, you aren't making any sense. A casual fan is someone who does not seek out, or search for certain artists of a music genre. Because someone doesn't have a snapchat or twitter, they're a casual rap/hiphop fan? Your mind has gone caput bruh :lol:

Last edited:
Also what do you thin happened to the people who grew up solely on hiphop? do you think they retired from listening to rap once they hit 30?

These people still exist and they still buy music & they still go to shows.

Our disconnect seems to come from you thinking that the hiphop demographic only extends from 18-25 or something. This is a new era and in order to be a star in hiphop nowadays you have to be able to reach both the 25 & under & the 25+ hence that list of rappers i put up there who make music that can relate to both and hence are getting full support from people who consume their music solely off streaming/social media & those who still receive music through radio/video platforms.

Also about your point of "little Gilbert in Bubble ****, Wisconsin who needs the TRL top 5 to tell him what's popping and all the new slang..." he still exist in large numbers actually, however he doesn't take as long to catch on because TRL has now been replaced by Complex, The Fader & grown up Gilbert who is now a "tastemaker" drinking artisinal water in a small BK shack, writing articles promoting 21 as the new 2pac.

You are thinking under the scope of someone who isn't taking into account how many people don't pay big mind to social media or the club. I til this day have never heard someone talk about tech nine in real life, nor do i see his name come across my TL more than once every quarter year....He is doing bigger shows & selling more tahn most artist who people claim to be hot right now.

you mentioned Yachty having a sprite deal... well on the other end of the spectrum Rakim is in a nationwide televised add for sprite right now. Why? because hiphop isn't solely reliant on the youth anymore.

For the past two years the internet told me thug is hotter than wayne, Ask any promoter world wide if they could book both for the same price who they're gonna end up picking :lol:.

For years older rappers have been making music specifically for their core fans, droppin projects & touring the world off of them & i sat here and watched ya'll call the artist irrelevant...... now young artist use the same model and you can be one of the hottest in rap w/o getting radio play & doing 20 city tours..... MY how the narrative has changed

U dont really believe designer>21

You really underestimate how trash i think this ***** is. him & yachty are the only two hyped internet artist that i haven't heard ONE song that was atleast decent. ***** Got a instrumental mixtape that the most average of trap rappers could have turned into a great project..... and sucked the life out of every single one of those beats with that passive agressive *** flow and Silk the Shocker delivery.

Even with Yachty i can see how his personality can draw a teen in, 21 on the other hand :smh:

To think trouble is out here not being able to catch a wave & this ***** is getting Drake placements. despicable

So Designer ain't pure trash too? You got good taste in music, you know he garbage. I know you like to point out the hypocrisy, I get it but Designer is with them in the dumpster.

Last edited:
Also what do you thin happened to the people who grew up solely on hiphop? do you think they retired from listening to rap once they hit 30?

These people still exist and they still buy music & they still go to shows.

Our disconnect seems to come from you thinking that the hiphop demographic only extends from 18-25 or something. This is a new era and in order to be a star in hiphop nowadays you have to be able to reach both the 25 & under & the 25+ hence that list of rappers i put up there who make music that can relate to both and hence are getting full support from people who consume their music solely off streaming/social media & those who still receive music through radio/video platforms.

Also about your point of "little Gilbert in Bubble ****, Wisconsin who needs the TRL top 5 to tell him what's popping and all the new slang..." he still exist in large numbers actually, however he doesn't take as long to catch on because TRL has now been replaced by Complex, The Fader & grown up Gilbert who is now a "tastemaker" drinking artisinal water in a small BK shack, writing articles promoting 21 as the new 2pac.

You are thinking under the scope of someone who isn't taking into account how many people don't pay big mind to social media or the club. I til this day have never heard someone talk about tech nine in real life, nor do i see his name come across my TL more than once every quarter year....He is doing bigger shows & selling more tahn most artist who people claim to be hot right now.

you mentioned Yachty having a sprite deal... well on the other end of the spectrum Rakim is in a nationwide televised add for sprite right now. Why? because hiphop isn't solely reliant on the youth anymore.

For the past two years the internet told me thug is hotter than wayne, Ask any promoter world wide if they could book both for the same price who they're gonna end up picking :lol:.

For years older rappers have been making music specifically for their core fans, droppin projects & touring the world off of them & i sat here and watched ya'll call the artist irrelevant...... now young artist use the same model and you can be one of the hottest in rap w/o getting radio play & doing 20 city tours..... MY how the narrative has changed

Rakim is a legend though.

That's like saying Vanilla Ice is on the same level as The Weeknd or something because Ice Ice Baby and False Alarm are both in a Coke commercial.

There's obviously a difference between active artists and retired legends who have hits or culturally important catalogs.

Someone having more hits than someone doesn't make them more relevant than that person at that given time.

What Wayne songs from the past 2 years are people bumping like that compared to Thug's catalog from even the past 12 months? People haven't even been paying attention to Wayne enough to know that the BET cypher verse that twitter went crazy over like he's "back" was actually from a song he dropped a year ago.

But it all comes down to you not wanting to concede that a younger audience (that is willing to fully engage in a culture and change their whole lifestyle and aesthetic to match an artist they like) is more valuable for your brand than an older audience who are starting families and have jobs and go out less than a 14-22 year old who is still finding themselves and willing to change up their hair, clothes, appearance, spread the word about your music, bump you when they are with friends or are smoking, play/request you at parties, wear your merch to school, constantly exposing you to new fans etc. vs. a 29 year old who is starting a family and may go to a show twice a year when you're in town and maybe wear your shirt every now and then at a cookout or every now and then when they hit the bar or some ****

if you were an artist, which would you want to be a hardcore fan of yours?

this isn't even a concept exclusive to rap music. kids have always been a more worthy marketing investment than adults because they have no responsibility, more disposable income (or their parents money to burn) and are much more malleable and open minded to new trends and experiences than those approaching 30 and above with responsibilities to cover.

Last edited:
Dude swears Desiigner is the biggest thing in hip hop....because of one song....says he doesn't hear people bump yachty around his way (remember the Timmy Turner argument)

Then says lil yachty isn't hot :lol:

That stupid boy yachty is hotter right now than Desiigner. 21 too.

If those Dudes was from NYC.... trynafeelmink trynafeelmink would be caping to them like crazy :lol:

Dude swears Desiigner is the biggest thing in hip hop....because of one song....says he doesn't hear people bump yachty around his way (remember the Timmy Turner argument)

Then says lil yachty isn't hot :lol:

That stupid boy yachty is hotter right now than Desiigner. 21 too.

If those Dudes was from NYC.... trynafeelmink trynafeelmink would be caping to them like crazy :lol:

i can't wait for lil timbaland scuff to come out so he can completely backpedal on not liking this type of rap :lol:

it's gonna be hilarious when NY has their auto tune mumble ABC rapper and all the NY dudes try to act like they weren't just hating on Yachty

Rakim is a legend though.

That's like saying Vanilla Ice is on the same level as The Weeknd or something because Ice Ice Baby and False Alarm are both in a Coke commercial.

There's obviously a difference between active artists and retired legends who have hits or culturally important catalogs.

Someone having more hits than someone doesn't make them more relevant than that person at that given time.

What Wayne songs from the past 2 years are people bumping like that compared to Thug's catalog from even the past 12 months? People haven't even been paying attention to Wayne enough to know that the BET cypher verse that twitter went crazy over like he's "back" was actually from a song he dropped a year ago.

But it all comes down to you not wanting to concede that a younger audience (that is willing to fully engage in a culture and change their whole lifestyle and aesthetic to match an artist they like) is more valuable for your brand than an older audience who are starting families and have jobs and go out less than a 14-22 year old who is still finding themselves and willing to change up their hair, clothes, appearance, spread the word about your music, bump you when they are with friends or are smoking, play/request you at parties, wear your merch to school, constantly exposing you to new fans etc. vs. a 29 year old who is starting a family and may go to a show twice a year when you're in town and maybe wear your shirt every now and then at a cookout or every now and then when they hit the bar or some ****

if you were an artist, which would you want to be a hardcore fan of yours?

this isn't even a concept exclusive to rap music. kids have always been a more worthy marketing investment than adults because they have no responsibility, more disposable income (or their parents money to burn) and are much more malleable and open minded to new trends and experiences than those approaching 30 and above with responsibilities to cover.

Wayne is more of a feature artist nowadays but, "No Problems" from Chance's Coloring Book Album has 50 million views on YouTube. Chance feat. Wayne and 2chainz

Last edited:
Wayne is more of a feature artist nowadays but, "No Problems" from Chance's Coloring Book Album has 50 million views on YouTube. Chance feat. Wayne and 2chainz

That's a Chance song though. :lol: Not a Wayne song.

The point is, while in 2014, to say Thug was hotter than Wayne might have been a stretch but in 2016 you can't say Wayne is necessarily hotter than Thug because a promoter knows that Wayne is gonna have more overall hits to perform and more name recognition thus a more successful event.

That doesn't mean in 2016 more people are bumping Wayne's output from the past 2 years than Thug's output from the past 2 years.

Shia LeBeouf > Lil Yachty

maybe i'm a hater or maybe this type of rap doesn't impress me anymore but i skimmed through this earlier today and he had some nice lines but he sounds no different than the white dudes who get high and start ramble rapping

maybe i'm a hater or maybe this type of rap doesn't impress me anymore but i skimmed through this earlier today and he had some nice lines but he sounds no different than the white dudes who get high and start ramble rapping
Well...he's an actor...so I'm not sure how you're linking what he did to a "type of rap" 
laugh.gif

It's impressive bcause he's not a rapper and he went there and actually rapped...which you probably can't get 90% of the people we're talking about today to get in there and do.

Last edited:
i can't wait for lil timbaland scuff to come out so he can completely backpedal on not liking this type of rap :lol:

it's gonna be hilarious when NY has their auto tune mumble ABC rapper and all the NY dudes try to act like they weren't just hating on Yachty
Like when dudes were clowning keef and calling him trash but when shmurda dropped they acted as if it was something new and ground breaking

Well...he's an actor...so I'm not sure how you're linking what he did to a "type of rap" :lol:

It's impressive bcause he's not a rapper and he went there and actually rapped...which you probably can't get 90% of the people we're talking about today to get in there and do.

True on the second paragraph.

But when i say this "type of rap" i mean the type of rap that snipers snap and pipers clap my diapers flat.

just rhymes about nothing but i guess that's most freestyling and i'm also a big 05-07 wayne fan so carry on.

Shia's **** was aight. Maybe I have real low expectations but it's better than half the kids y'all defend in this thread.

Like when dudes were clowning keef and calling him trash but when shmurda dropped they acted as if it was something new and ground breaking

That was the funniest/weirdest **** ever

_'s was just geeked to have a NYC rapper popping

Now dudes wanna talk about bars and "craft" tho :rofl:

You a got damn lie

Why y'all always making up **** when it comes to NY and the people that live here ?

Chief Keef got love out here crazy when he came out nobody talked down about him

Stop making **** up about stuff that you know nothing about.

Last edited:
You a got damn lie

Why y'all always making up **** when it comes to NY and the people that live here ?

Chief Keef got love out here crazy when he came out nobody talked down about him

Stop making **** up about stuff that you know nothing about.
Watch yo mouth Lil ***** and how we both just sitting here making **** up? Early on ****** was hating on the drill movement, just because u ****** with it don't mean everybody else did. But when Bobby showed up u know what happened. Free Bobby tho, he converted me after a few tracks. Keef could've been that ***** tho smh, stay away from drugs kids.

I'ma go ahead and put forth the theory that some NY cats did **** on Keef.

And those same dudes weren't necessarily ******* with Schmurda either.

Watch yo mouth Lil ***** and how we both just sitting here making **** up? Early on ****** was hating on the drill movement, just because u ****** with it don't mean everybody else did. But when Bobby showed up u know what happened. Free Bobby tho, he converted me after a few tracks. Keef could've been that ***** tho smh, stay away from drugs kids.

U soft in real life.

U got one mode when someone disagrees with u and that's emotional

I'm all for you showing me otherwise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom