***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Because if you can't tell stories you're a garbage *** "rapper" and interchangeable with all the other ones. Elite level MCs paint pictures.

Because if you can't tell stories you're a garbage *** "rapper" and interchangeable with all the other ones. Elite level MCs paint pictures.

Paint pictures ain't the same as a story telling track though. You can be a "simple" rapper and paint elite pictures. Meek Mill got one of the better story telling tracks in Tony Story....and he's not an "elite level mc". DMX was a rapper that relied more on emotion and real ness than lyrical dexterity...and he made Damien. Same with Pac.

Also, Gucci made "Timothy". One of the more underated story telling tracks. Press play. Open your years (and your mind).

Lastly, the Carter 1 follows a loose story arc across the whole album. If you pay attention to the intros, mid-tros, skits and outros....you'll see how cohesive it is and how it follows a loose story.

Last edited:
Bruh, not one of those is a story.

I can do this all day but BG and Juvie been telling stories while Wayne was tryna convince us that he was tough.

Carter 1 is def up there.....

Y'all hate it cuz it's Wayne. But it's undeniable. Even it's worse critics would call it a good album.

people let that autotune and skateboard era diminish how good wayne actually was at one point

people let that autotune and skateboard era diminish how good wayne actually was at one point

That's a fact. He was WELL RESPECTED by most after Carter 2 leading up to Carter 3.

He's still held in high regards by all his contemporaries though.

Personally, I can't stand Lil Wayne after 08. But he was an elite level rapper from 02-07.

Y'all hate it cuz it's Wayne. But it's undeniable. Even it's worse critics would call it a good album.

There a difference between something that's good, and a top 5 southern album. That's been the problem of his stans from the beginning, trying turn something good and nothing more to something legendary. May as well put Kevin Martin in the HOF.

Carter 1 is the best southern album? :lol: :lol: :lol:

no but carter 2 is top 5

That's his best album but nope.

Some people never thought Wayne was this goat like some ya'll think to begin with. :lol:

With Wane there's no middle ground with a lot of people, either his crazy fans think he's with Pac, Jay, Nas, Big or the people that call him trash. Wayne was a really good rapper, made a lot of good material that was mostly about BS that he made sound good.

Last edited:
I liked hearing Charlemagne say on Budden's podcast that Wayne wasn't really that good. Just because he put out 1000 tapes, they weren't high quality. His lyrics weren't great. Jay kind of said it and Wayne said it and then the people ran with it. **** that ****. Average *** lyrics.

I liked hearing Charlemagne say on Budden's podcast that Wayne wasn't really that good. Just because he put out 1000 tapes, they weren't high quality. His lyrics weren't great. Jay kind of said it and Wayne said it and then the people ran with it. **** that ****. Average *** lyrics.

Exactly

It's like people saying Lebron went to seven straight finals when the east has sucked. Would any of those teams, Boston, Toronto or Indiana have beaten or been competitive against the Western Conference champion? Hell, I don't think they could have made it past the second round.

Big fan of Sqad Up all the way til before Carter 3 era Wayne but to call Carter 1 the best southern album?

That's some stan ish

Big fan of Sqad Up all the way til before Carter 3 era Wayne but to call Carter 1 the best southern album?

That's some stan ish

Post 2000....it's up there. Only The Fix, The Minstrel Show and Tm101 stand up there. It's that dope.

Also, people REALLY sleep on squad up Wayne. Like criminally. You can say "he's rapping about nothing". But his technicality was of the charts.

If we talking post 2000, then that's facts

Don't get me start on them SQ tapes

Someone cue Best of Me freestyle

It must be cause outside Wayne fans, most those tapes went unheard

This tape is a problem too & does not get the love it deserves at all

View media item 2444966

^^^Bone Mix :pimp:.

Beck when Currensy was uncomfortably spitting G-sht :lol:. Boo n Gotti used to rip ****. Mack Maine for president :pimp:.

There's DEFINITELY a lot of revisionist history on NT when it comes to Wayne. Guess it comes with the territory.

Dude had the perfect mix of quantity + quality and his run on top was amazing....had street shh, commercial shh, Mixtapez on lock, feature game on lock.

Aaaaand he'd jump on a beat and make you forget the original version (sorry mike jones)...

Last edited:
Ga bush is Wayne telling a story.

The Damage is done...

I'm single...
That's my N
Me and my drank
Kobe bryant

Something you forgot...

Last edited:
I still have nightmares listening to Wayne's last verse on Mr Carter :smh:

Dipset made swag and presence more important than skill, Wayne hung around them, took their formula and ran with it.

Last edited:
I still remember the first time I heard Wayne destroy show me what you got...."I must be Lebrun James if he's Jordan/ no I want rings with my performance, I'm more Kobe Bryant of an artist/ same game, same coach been starting/same triangle offense "

1 million smokin emojis :pimp:

Exactly

It's like people saying Lebron went to seven straight finals when the east has sucked. Would any of those teams, Boston, Toronto or Indiana have beaten or been competitive against the Western Conference champion? Hell, I don't think they could have made it past the second round.

Horrible comparison

Back
Top Bottom