OFFICIAL BROKE to BALLIN thread --- Let's Get It! (motivation for young hustlers) UPDATED 3/15/10

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i respect the optimism, but you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment. your goals are too high and unrealistic. $1m by the end of 2010? lol
People who put self-limiting beliefs on themselves will not reach their potential. A lot of both mental and physical strength is mental. Hustling is a test of mental tenacity in which everyday represents a new struggle to beat yesterday's maximum output.

that's why i said i respect the optimism. the most important thing in the REAL WORLD is setting reachable goals and mental checkpoints. it's one thing to say "i'm going to do this, do that, make this, make that" and it's another to take action and implement your ideas 110%. making money and starting a business takes complete dedication and passion, otherwise you will become distracted and falter. the easiest way to be distracted is to set hard-to-reach goals for yourself right off the bat. you will see less rewards and over time, this will deter you. this is a fact. before you know it, all the wind is out of your sails and you're left wondering where your motivation went. just trying to help you guys. as an entrepreneur, i have a decent idea of what it takes to make it with a business. i'm not saying to set your overall goals low; instead break them up into a lot of easily-reachable checkpoints so you can keep yourself psyched up and motivated.

"if you want to change the world, you don't go out one day and attempt to do so. you start by offering your neighbor a helping hand."
So much truth in this post.  I called myself an "entrepreneur" at one point and set really high goals and had that "can't tell me nothing, if you can't make a mil in a year, don't spread that negativity onto me" outlook.  Thats blind.  
Patience is just as important as passion when it comes to making money.  I'm working at an office right now which is something I told myself I'd never do, but its allowing me to build equity and teaches me the professional skills that will definitely come in handy when I venture out on my own (I work in business development for a leading Internet advertising technology startup).

I recommend everyone intern or work at a startup company at some point, you'll learn so much.

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Came through with 250$ last week selling some III and VI working on other shoes, its hard work but im working on it.

BUT...

I need some assistance for my hustle, i need to buy a shoplight but i aint got no credit card to buy it with and cant seem to find the right one and for the supplier to accept paypal so i need someone to help me by coppin it for me with their credit card and ill pay them with paypal and of course ill include a tip.

Who can help a fellow NT out?
ohwell.gif
do you have a bank account? if so they can give you a checking or debit card, works the same way as a credit card online...

who feels like they could crack 6 figs this year?

From the beginning of this year till now, I believe I will crack it come June.

Not including what I have made over past years (stocks, investments, etc.)

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

Okay let me start it off.
I'm a college student working retail (Target) & I'm trying to buy a car by May along with having over $6k by the end of the year for now...if I can make more (hopefully I can, maybe I won't) that would be good.

I have $1,908.06 in the checking account as of today March 8, 2010
Why do you keep that much money in your checking, get a Money Market or open an Online Savings account and get some interest on that, thats a large sum of dead money that could be getting interest--yeah I know no more than probably $3 a month but still. Unless that money is kept in your account for bills and etc.
Well my only expenses right now is the credit card ($300 due but paying it off little by little to build this small amount of credit) & $30 to pay for the data plan part of my cell phone bill. As for most of this money, it's going to go towards my car, What I really want to do after my car is build up around $2000 more and open a Roth IRA account so I could gain interest over the year and continue to put $2-3k or more into it each year.

Wait--you think having a balance at the end of your credit cycle is better for your credit than paying it off in full?

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

who feels like they could crack 6 figs this year?

From the beginning of this year till now, I believe I will crack it come June.

Not including what I have made over past years (stocks, investments, etc.)
oh yeah I remember your stories. and aren't you like 21? my man
pimp.gif

Im tryna stack but since some one broke into my car and it broke down in the same week...i lost about 600...
tired.gif

Ima be straight tho...just gotta keep my head up and start over...

If anybody is good with photoshop designs. Get at me asap.

pm
email=tristanhillXL@gmail.com
skype=TristanHillXL

Complete summary on back cover completed
Purchase ISBN($125)completed
have front cover done completed

This weeks tasks...

complete final edit
upload final edit for copyright
order proof of the book by end of next week

About two years ago my friend started a hip hop blog ( HIPTICS.COM ) that he's very serious about. He's about to graduate college and will be putting all his focus into makin the site pop this summer and see if he can actually earn a living off of it. We're currently looking into better ways to profit off of the site. I want to say we have roughly 500 daily visitors to the site and we expect the traffic to keep growing throughout the year. The server was recently upgraded to accomodate more traffic.

I would strongly recommend the blog to all NTers - and I don't just say that because i'm becoming more involved with the site. I believe the content is solid and is updated very regularly (probably about 5-7 new posts per day right now).

Hiptics.com is currently undergoing some design construction, but even though it's still in the process I think it looks better than it did as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Anyone that's making decent money off a blog/website that cares to share some strategy PM me. We just use google adsense right now but feel we could (should) be seeing more money...

Originally Posted by Baller23217

About two years ago my friend started a hip hop blog ( HIPTICS.COM ) that he's very serious about. He's about to graduate college and will be putting all his focus into makin the site pop this summer and see if he can actually earn a living off of it. We're currently looking into better ways to profit off of the site. I want to say we have roughly 500 daily visitors to the site and we expect the traffic to keep growing throughout the year. The server was recently upgraded to accomodate more traffic.

I would strongly recommend the blog to all NTers - and I don't just say that because i'm becoming more involved with the site. I believe the content is solid and is updated very regularly (probably about 5-7 new posts per day right now).

Hiptics.com is currently undergoing some design construction, but even though it's still in the process I think it looks better than it did as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Anyone that's making decent money off a blog/website that cares to share some strategy PM me. We just use google adsense right now but feel we could (should) be seeing more money...
I want to check it out, but your website is not working.

I just sat down with the wife and we set our budget for the year, and put $1000 on our CC debt. Were going to pay $400 a month to our CC and be out of debt by september. We also plan on setting aside $200 a month for savings as we need to get a new car. In September we are shooting for saving between $550-$650 a month.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

I got around 2k to start with, if only I knew what to do. Any ideas?

Co-sign, Im tryna eat off of a website I want to make, but I dont have the slightest clue where to start.

ING Savings - $1008.00
AMEX Savings - $7920.00
Trade King Brokerage Acct - $4,254

I've been saving like crazy in anticipation of being unemployed after this summer, so I made a lil cushion that will hopefully keep me until next year If god forbids I don't find a job till then.  Honestly the last expensive thing I bought was a necklace and pendent for my mom for Xmas.. this is coming from a person that lived in the mall but had to start cutting back on my spending.

If you got a website idea pm me and I'll try to direct you. A lotta self research first...but so easy to start most web ideas by yourself...for real cheap.

Ah nice to see this thread. Just got finished with my projected cash flow statement and updating my business plan.

So, tasks updated:
Create Projected Cash Flow Statement
Update Business Plan

Next weeks goals:
Finalize cash flow statement
Finalize business plan
Get into contact with investors/try to secure funding
Contact banks if needed.

I effed up...3 years ago I had a chance to come up on some R22 and had I bought a pallet or two I would have tripled in profit SMFH!

Originally Posted by dosky323

I effed up...3 years ago I had a chance to come up on some R22 and had I bought a pallet or two I would have tripled in profit SMFH!

I know I'm not the only one wondering what R22 is. 

Back
Top Bottom