OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

I am pretty good at grilling. Entered a little competition in my local area and got 3rd on my first try. Here is a steak I did last night. 

I am pretty good at grilling. Entered a little competition in my local area and got 3rd on my first try. Here is a steak I did last night. 

after further review of this thread...

referee01.jpg

IT'S GOOD ...

200px-nfl_referee_hochuli2.jpg

Damb .... I'm hungry now...

Originally Posted by djaward

Anyone know how to cook a steak on a pan or oven? I tried it once but was disappointed.

its been awhile, but high heat + liberal amounts of oil should do the trick. add oil to the pan, let it heat up, throw a steak on. let it sit until seared, flip. cook to desired doneness.

honestly, cooking on a pan is a lot easier for me (i liked my steak medium/medium rare) but for my friends (well done...i know) i had to experiment with low heat/long cooking time

Anyone know how to cook a steak on a pan or oven? I tried it once but was disappointed.

its been awhile, but high heat + liberal amounts of oil should do the trick. add oil to the pan, let it heat up, throw a steak on. let it sit until seared, flip. cook to desired doneness.

honestly, cooking on a pan is a lot easier for me (i liked my steak medium/medium rare) but for my friends (well done...i know) i had to experiment with low heat/long cooking time

Originally Posted by frink85

When its raining and I do this, I use high heat and olive oil. Make sure to season the steak well but not super heavy(it will make the oil pop), I think for a medium rare its like 5 to 6 minutes per side.  

When its raining and I do this, I use high heat and olive oil. Make sure to season the steak well but not super heavy(it will make the oil pop), I think for a medium rare its like 5 to 6 minutes per side.  

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Not a recipe persay, but just a tip for all you amateur grillers out there.

BRINE YOUR CHICKEN
I do this even when I don't grill.
I brine my wings when I'm making fried chicken. 

I just tried making Korean fried chicken last month. They were a hit.

BRINE YOUR CHICKEN

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Really appreciate the advice. I thought medium heat would of done it. 
This is what I did, 

I cooked the steak on a pan for about 4 min on each side

Then I popped into the oven with some butter 

The steak cooked to well done (I like it medium to medium well)  

It was good for the kids but not for me or the wife.  I will definitely try your method. 

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Really appreciate the advice. I thought medium heat would of done it. 
This is what I did, 

I cooked the steak on a pan for about 4 min on each side

Then I popped into the oven with some butter 

The steak cooked to well done (I like it medium to medium well)  

It was good for the kids but not for me or the wife.  I will definitely try your method. 

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

BRINE YOUR CHICKEN

pics? recipe? was this korean fried chicken the kind with the sweet & spicy sauce on it?
pimp.gif

BRINE YOUR CHICKEN

pics? recipe? was this korean fried chicken the kind with the sweet & spicy sauce on it?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

^looks good.

im with you though OP. cooking saves a ton of money. i stocked up on like 1.5 weeks of groceries at trader joes for $29. i'd probably spend that much for lunch & dinner in a single day.

cooking is a fun too and the possibilities are endless. simply just flip on the ipod/speakers, dig through your pantry and get to work.
pimp.gif

The sweet memories of college.

Originally Posted by wcghost

^looks good.

im with you though OP. cooking saves a ton of money. i stocked up on like 1.5 weeks of groceries at trader joes for $29. i'd probably spend that much for lunch & dinner in a single day.

cooking is a fun too and the possibilities are endless. simply just flip on the ipod/speakers, dig through your pantry and get to work.
pimp.gif

The sweet memories of college.

roast chicken w/ honey hoisin sambal glaze

pasta w/ fresh & sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and an egg

ox tail & beef tendon braised in black bean sauce, w/daikon, carrots, etc.

Tri tip w/veg stir fried in black bean sauce

Chicken salad w/fuji apples

chicken pho

Osso bucco style stew w beef tendon, pork shank & ox tail

roast chicken w/ honey hoisin sambal glaze

pasta w/ fresh & sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and an egg

ox tail & beef tendon braised in black bean sauce, w/daikon, carrots, etc.

Tri tip w/veg stir fried in black bean sauce

Chicken salad w/fuji apples

chicken pho

Osso bucco style stew w beef tendon, pork shank & ox tail

BRINE YOUR CHICKEN

How do you BRINE YOUR CHICKEN?
ohwell.gif

BRINE YOUR CHICKEN

How do you BRINE YOUR CHICKEN?
ohwell.gif

from The305.com

tumblr_loyjdwCgf61qzyv3uo1_500.jpg

Good lawd, just found this on Solehiphop/Tumblr. I never heard of these but I think we’re gonna have to try these for Labor Day. You know that in Miami, er’body gotta avocado tree or two in the backyard somewhere. And my family being Dominican, avocados are like the most sacred thing on earth. So yeah, I had to post this recipe.

Avocado Fries
  • oil for frying
  • 2 Avocados
  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • 1 and 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
  • 1 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 1 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
  • 5 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
  • 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
  • Juice from 1/2 of Lemon
  1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, lemon pepper, salt and cumin. Set it aside. Cut the avocados in half and then slice them vertically into 4 inch by 1 inch wedges. Set them aside. Heat the vegetable oil to 335 degrees Fahrenheit in a large frying pan, adding enough oil so that the oil is about 3 to four inches deep. Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture again. Place them in the hot oil and fry them for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon or tongs, and set them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a serving tray and serve them immediately with the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce.
  2. For the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce, place the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy in texture

Back
Top Bottom