Official: Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

I can't wait to get started. Its nothing like watching the game at home, rewinding or pausing when you need, and paying $6 for 6 beers, not 1.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

3) They don't count they have 2 championships under their belt in their teams existence (60+ yrs).
eek.gif
roll.gif
you gone have them knicks fans heated

G I'm serious, %%@$ the Knicks bro. When you think about them as a franchise the 1st thing you think of is The Garden then a while later you think of Pat, Mark, Starks, Kenny Skywalker (maybe), Walt, and Willis. Every other great squad you immediately associate a great player to them as the face of the franchise, with them the arena is the face of the franchise G.

THUS THEY DON'T COUNT.

They have been irrelevant as hell for a while. Last bit of shine they got was with Isiah and Marbury.
laugh.gif

...and you telling me that someone was sexually harassing her? Millionaire athletes and retired athletes? I still don't believe it.

[h2]Rose denies wrongdoing in SAT scandal[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com
Archive

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Derrick Rose learned a lesson this summer that all young adults must learn at some point: He's got to grow up.

[+] Enlarge
Nick Friedell for ESPNChicago.comAfter wrapping up his camp on Thursday, Derrick Rose spoke to the media for the first time since being involved in two scandals.

Since the Bulls were ousted from the Eastern Conference playoffs earlier this summer, the 20-year-old point guard has found himself in two major controversies. First, he had to deal with being at the center of an academic scandal involving Simeon High School and the University of Memphis. A few weeks later, a photo surfaced of Rose allegedly flashing gang signs at a party while he was a student at Memphis. On Thursday, the NBA rookie of the year spoke publicly for the first time since the controversies, and he admitted that it's been an interesting couple of months.

"I'm not a kid anymore," Rose said, after his basketball camp at the Joy of the Game Gym wrapped up for the day. "I'm always in a spotlight. [I'm] the leader probably of this team, gotta be the leader of this team, and I can't do foolish things anymore."

While Rose acknowledged making some bad choices, he denied that he did anything wrong regarding the SAT scandal.

"That didn't bother me at all, I know didn't do anything wrong," Rose said. "That was up to Memphis what they had to do.

"Coach [John Calipari] told me, 'Don't worry about it.' I definitely wasn't worried about it. I was still working out, so I just let [the scandal] pass."

He used the same strategy when it came to the photo controversy. He said he doesn't remember when it was taken.

"I couldn't even remember the whole [NCAA] championship game, so I know I couldn't remember that night, but I just got passed it," he said. " talked to my mom, [she] told me just don't worry about it, and I'm just looking forward to the future."

That's what he's tried to do all summer. The Chicago native said he's spent most of his time in the gym, working on his jump shot and trying to get better. He's tried to focus on what's ahead of him, including the possibility of making the U.S. National Team next year.

"It's been good, I've looked past the sad parts," Rose said, describing what his summer has been like. "Playing for the USA team, it was fun, playing and competing against all them guys, working out with some of the players, and hopefully I'll make the team."

In the meantime, he's focused on making the Bulls better, although he did acknowledge that the absence of Ben Gordon will be a tough hurdle to get over at first.

"I guess they're looking into the future," he said. "Ben is a great player, one of the best scorers I've ever played with, a great guy. He had to make a business move going to Detroit."

"I'm gonna miss him a lot," he said a few moments later. "He took a lot of pressure off me last year, but we'll have to see this year."

Rose knows he'll have to take a bigger role in the offense with Gordon gone. He wants to fill Gordon's role as the team's go-to scorer late in the fourth quarter.

"I really don't know right now, but I hope I am," he said, when asked about taking shots late for the Bulls. "I missed a lot of 'em last season, but I hope I learn from 'em."

Through all the controversies this summer, Rose's ultimate goal is the same.

"You want to get further [in the postseason]," he said. "You want to get better each year, and know we just want to make it past the first round, and hopefully [win] the championship.

"I'm not looking to get any less as a player, you want to win the championship."

Pooh is gonna have a great sophomore season
pimp.gif

Bulls Could Sign Carlos Arroyo
Arroyo_Carlos_orl.jpg

Aug 29, 2009 7:03 PM EST
Carlos Arroyo is rumored to be ready to return to the NBA, and the Bulls have been mentioned as a possible destination.

El Nuevo Dia, a newspaper out of Puerto Rico, reported on Saturday that Arroyo was close to signing a one-year deal with Chicago.

Via ESPN, Read the Full Story

moz-screenshot.png

^I knew we were going to make a big move. I just knew it. Thank you Bulls management. Forman, you've done it. Hello 1st round exit!

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^I knew we were going to make a big move. I just knew it. Thank you Bulls management. Paxson, you've done it again. O wait, you've never done it and never will you idiot.
smh.gif

One of the worst front offices in the league. Garnett, Kobe, Gasol, Stoudemire...who's next?

^I changed it since I forgot about the switch. But yeah, if I had a dollar for every "big-name coming to Chicago" rumor I heard...

[h1]Bulls Aren't Chasing Carlos Arroyo[/h1]Aug 31, 2009 7:17 AM EST

Arroyo_Carlos_orl.jpg
The Bulls are not looking to sign Carlos Arroyo.

Rumors swirled over the weekend that Chicago was looking to sign Arroyo, but the Daily Herald reports that no such plan was ever discussed.

The Herald points out that the Bulls have Kirk Hinrich, Jannero Pargo and Lindsey Hunter to backup starting point guard Derrick Rose.

In addition, Chicago is very close to the luxury tax threshold.

Via Daily Herald

Read the Full Story

Thank god, what a horrible rumor.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Fire Paxson

i thought we got a new GM?

Paxson is still in charge and has all final say on personnel

getting rid of Gar Foreman has no real authority just handles the day to day business of being GM

I see you there but honestly I couldn't care less about that right now. Guarantee LeBron wants an NBA Championship more than his Gold Medal (Don't goby his interviews, he has to be politically correct).

Yeh Gar is only the fall guy for if the Bulls fail to make it past the first round in the next couple of years.

moz-screenshot.png
8bfb54a2-013b-4501-b731-8964c2c1908f.jpg

Chicago Bulls guard Jannero Pargo poses for a photo during NBA basketball media day in Deerfield, Ill., Friday, Sept. 25, 2009. (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh)
Why can't the Bulls do the right thing at just not let bums like this wear the #2. I'm not saying retire the number but c'mon....
mad.gif

On the other hand, can't wait for Friday.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom