Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

FX’s “Atlanta Sep 6​

I can appreciate him wanting to be multifaceted with his acting so as not to get type casted in only comedic rolls. Dude fit perfectly in the Martian last year despite people recognizing him solely for community and 30 Rock.

Last edited:
I can appreciate him wanting to be multifaceted with his acting so as not to get type casted in only comedic rolls. Dude fit perfectly in the Martian last year despite people recognizing him solely for community and 30 Rock.

I mean how hard is it really to be a perfect fit for 55 seconds total screen time... :tongue:

but yeah, in all seriousness it was a good look :lol:

Time to lock this thread man.

Back to Donald Glover the actor, Childish Gambino is dead

Episode 1 already leaked. I saw it yesterday was pretty funny. its a mix of comedy and a bit of drama. I really liked the 1st episode cant wait till the season starts

Anyone hear about a new album coming in September. Supposedly he's doing a camping trip with fans and performing it.

Stop frontin man.
Know damn well low key all of us are excited AF deep down inside :lol:

Regardless of the jokes we'll all be spinning that album the minute it drops and I think we all have a good feeling considering he's been working on it quietly for years

Low key, sure. Just not trying to end up like this:
troy-barnes-emotions.gif

again if he has another identity crisis. :lol:

Guy is wild talented and used to be able to balance it well (writing for tv shows/movies, acting, and still making time for music). These past few years it's seemed like he wasn't sure which title he wanted more. I hope he's managed to pull himself out of that dark period where he was talking about suicide and what not. Can't even imagine what dude was going through. Dude's got talent, just hope he lets himself be great.

Last edited:
I've accepted he won't be the artist that I wanted and hoped for.. I've enjoyed his new direction in his music less and less but I still like and support him.

I am excited for Atlanta though. I think he's great on TV and as an actor so I'm really looking forward to that.

Any music he puts out is cool with me at this point.

Will the album be available by the time he does that camping trip or is that just a chance for him to showcase it live to those that attend?

The **** am I going to get to Joshua tree? :lol:

Just don't half way do it. All I ask.

Kinda like Drake with Views?
Cmon man... so many artists we love give 50% effort and heart into their projects these days but sell it to us like they gave 100% of their heart and soul.

At least Donald keeps it real whether his work is better or worse because of it.

I can admit when I'm wrong/backpedaling. I guess the thing you have to accept about this guy is that he can't be classed as anything other than a "creative". Dude isn't a rapper, singer, actor, or writer. He's all of those things, and gives his attention to each as he sees fit. It's frustrating to be a fan of his at times, but dude hasn't really produced anything of poor quality that I can think of. The time frame in which it takes him to produce may piss us off, but it is what it is. You've gotta be a fan of Donald Glover, rather than a Bino fan. Otherwise you're just asking for the frustration. :lol:

Edit:
I reserve the right to nix this post and call this **** trash if it doesn't deliver.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom