Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

God DAMN this track is incredible. :smh:

I take back whatever skepticism I had before. Ready for the album.

Fam....

I can't man. I just can't. This is a travesty.

I hope you guys enjoy this. Still want him to flourish.

This isn't a brand of music I care to hear. It does not resonate with me at all. As much as I like this guy's work he's not going to make whatever this is sound appealing.

I read a comment that stated that there is one verse of rapping on this album. That to me is a travesty.

Last edited:
Fam....

Who the **** cares *****. You got every other post talking about how they like it and here comes your wet towel self. Do you go to restaurants you don't like and complain to everyone about how you don't like the food? Go listen and discuss the music you do like and *****.

New song put the nail in the coffin 
pimp.gif
 He making that funk baby making music. Cannot wait for the album.

Fam....

Who the **** cares *****. You got every other post talking about how they like it and here comes your wet towel self. Do you go to restaurants you don't like and complain to everyone about how you don't like the food? Go listen and discuss the music you do like and *****.

New song put the nail in the coffin 
pimp.gif
 He making that funk baby making music. Cannot wait for the album.
See man, I just posted an opinion, I wanted no conflict but you just had to start. Apologies for not being a part of the hivemind, and posting in a thread that I've been posting in about an artist that I've been a fan of since the inception of this thread.

But feel free to enjoy your "Funky" garbage music that emulates more garbage from the 80s, 70s, or whatever the hell this is from. 

My guy Hooray lowkey goes 0-100 semi-regularly :lol:

I used to want to step in and be like "Aye; subjectivity" but **** it, it's hilarious.

But feel free to enjoy your "Funky" garbage music that emulates more garbage from the 80s, 70s, or whatever the hell this is from. 

But this is just lame. Throwing 'garbage' in front of it just makes you look childish, no pun intended.

Yo this album is definitely going to be top 5 for this year for me. I've been riding CG since 2010 and I'll take this over hovy w glasses, weezy but geeky.

^^ It wasn't slander. I'd rather listen to THIS than that. CG already wowed me with his rhyming ability. This sound and this album is elevating his status and showing us what else he's capable of creating.

Gambino touched on the inspiration behind Awaken, My Love! briefly during a new interview with Billboard. He says it all started with a childhood memory. "I remember listening to songs my dad would play — albums by the Isleys or Funkadelic — and not understanding the feeling I was feeling," he told Billboard. "I remember hearing a Funkadelic scream and being like, ‘Wow, that’s sexual and it’s scary.’ Not having a name for that, though; just having a feeling. That’s what made it great." A funkadelic sound is certainly present in his new record "Redbone," and the '70s further fuel Gambino's new body of work: "There’s something about that ’70s black music that felt like they were trying to start a revolution."

He calls Awaken, My Love! "an exercise in just feeling and tone," as opposed to past albums, which he says were very much "written." In Gambino's eyes, Awaken, My Love! and "Atlanta" are not so different. They were both created from the same home-- one during the daytime, and one during the night. "I never really saw them as different things," he tells Billboard. Thus, we should see some parallels in content.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/childis...ve-atlanta-and-star-wars-role-news.25554.html

Last edited:
Redbone fire. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] Sound like some D'Angelo/Prince/Thundercat ish. I been rocking with dude since Freaks and geeks and the music he's making right now is right up my alley. I wonder how his day ones feel about his current sound, I love it.

Childish Badu album shaping up to be fire.

Redbone fire. [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] Sound like some D'Angelo/Prince/Thundercat ish. I been rocking with dude since Freaks and geeks and the music he's making right now is right up my alley. I wonder how his day ones feel about his current sound, I love it.

Childish Badu album shaping up to be fire.

I started listening to him when he dropped a track called Turd in the Oven. lol

I think most 'day one' fans can appreciate dude for really honing his craft, especially his singing. Some of the stuff he does im not really into like Me & your mama but redbone is fuego. I can also see where Anti is coming from especially if u were drawn by Bino's witty punchlines and rapping. All and all, i'll take new bino any day and anytime

My guy Hooray lowkey goes 0-100 semi-regularly :lol:

I used to want to step in and be like "Aye; subjectivity" but **** it, it's hilarious.

But this is just lame. Throwing 'garbage' in front of it just makes you look childish, no pun intended.
I gave a politically correct answer and said I hope all you guys enjoy it. I wanted no problems.

Not like I said it and didn't mean it either, I just didn't want to get involved. Keeping it 100, literally every artist that has been referenced as a comparison point for this music are artists that I will never listen to because I don't care for their product. They make music that I think is bad, and the Gambino stuff is right there with it.

I just want son to rap. I owe it to him to check it out in its entirety but he's 0-2 in my book and based off what I've read I'm expecting him to go 0-everything

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom