Official Christmas Shopping Thread.... Vol. Bush + Recession = No Gifts

NT what is everyone buying there friends and family for Christmas.... Mine will be lucky to get a Christmas card!

i need ideas for mom, dad, and a friend...i have trouble thinking of gifts
laugh.gif

AMEX gift cards for everyone. Just don't have the time and patience to really shop this year. I'm ordering my sons video games from Gamestop next week.

I can understand if people are busy but giving gift cards as a Christmas present to me says nothing but 'I can't be bothered to find somethingyou'd like, so here's a gift card.' I don't see the point of buying gift cards when you might as well give people cash.

The best gifts don't have to be expensive. They should just be things that the recipient will find interest in. Try to look for their interest and getsomething they will enjoy or something they can use. Even something as simple as book can mean a lot.

I have yet to think of an idea of what to buy for my Mom, Dad, and two sisters...hopefully I can think of something
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

I can understand if people are busy but giving gift cards as a Christmas present to me says nothing but 'I can't be bothered to find something you'd like, so here's a gift card.' I don't see the point of buying gift cards when you might as well give people cash.

The best gifts don't have to be expensive. They should just be things that the recipient will find interest in. Try to look for their interest and get something they will enjoy or something they can use. Even something as simple as book can mean a lot.
that's what im saying

Looking to buy an automatic car starter/remote car starter, or whatever the hell they are called, any suggestions?

I never understood why people complain about gift cards instead of being appreciative of the fact that they're being given anything
tired.gif

I'm just planning on stealing some things from my mom, dad, and brother and wrapping it up and giving it back to them on Christmas.

Originally Posted by jigsta05

I'm just planning on stealing some things from my mom, dad, and brother and wrapping it up and giving it back to them on Christmas.
roll.gif
...that was pretty good!

Gas is a good gift. I get my family different things, shoes, clothes, toys, mom things...you know

Good thing the family (excluding parents) is did the pick one random name in the hat and buy them a present thing. No more getting the same present as someoneelse by certain people. Now we are getting each other something nice!

I ended up with my brother in law so I decided to get him some seven for mankind jeans that I saw at Nordstorms. Final price came out to be $223 but I checkedonline and saw the same pair for 165 so I brought it back to the store with the price listed and they refunded me the difference! Nordstorms ftw.
pimp.gif

With that extra money + what I was going to spend got my nephews two pairs of new shoes and the simpsons season 11 dvd.
glasses.gif

Was thinking of getting dad a new tv but my brother is being cheap to even put in 100 or 200 and I'd cover the rest

I got my mom somethings she's been wanting for a minute now.. It should be a good christmas

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

I can understand if people are busy but giving gift cards as a Christmas present to me says nothing but 'I can't be bothered to find something you'd like, so here's a gift card.' I don't see the point of buying gift cards when you might as well give people cash.

The best gifts don't have to be expensive. They should just be things that the recipient will find interest in. Try to look for their interest and get something they will enjoy or something they can use. Even something as simple as book can mean a lot.

i some wat co- sign with this gift cards just seems like a way to get out of actually thinking of something to buy ... but than again if u do know therecipient interest there can be time when u werent even close to a gift card gives them that option ... there shade of grey ... but the book is a good ideahaha im getting my girl's dad a drinking book... he really like to bartend so y not get hime something on how to make the drinks the right way instead ofmixer all the crap he normally does haha
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jigsta05

Wow...

Man %@!$ a lazy +@* gift card. I got my girl a camera & hoody. My mom a gps. My sister a Juicy Couture scarf, hat & glove set. My dad a gas card onlycause he never uses anything else Id gettin. My brother a game for his 360 and my cuz soMe tees.

Dad-- Mets David Wright jersey

Mom-- $100 visa gift card

G/f --- 10 Disney Movies on DVD, Juicy Couture perfume, gold Chanel bellybutton ring

Giving gifts on xmas feels good
pimp.gif

Mom - Purse

Dad - ?

Brothers - Hoodies & T's (if you guys are reading this right now
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
)

Girlfriend - iPod touch (her birthday is also on the 21st
smh.gif
)

Cousin - Clothes (
indifferent.gif
to you too if you're reading this rightnow)

well, im thinking about getting my girl a tiffanys bracelet with our date and her sorority nick name on it she gets me beast presents. I think im geting the11/12 package and some gear from her
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom