OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS V LA LAKERS 2/8/09 GAME THREAD! Vol: 23 V 24

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Lamar Odom won this game. SMH @ Cavs interior defense allowing him to look like Moses Malone in the third quarter. Funny how Kobe fans who constantly try to
downplay the performances of other Laker players in order to make Kobe look better call Gasol soft, but what "soft" player can bother LeBron on so
many drives and make him miss that many times?

It's all good LeBron haters though.. You hate now when he had a bad game, and you would be hating had the Cavs won and LeBron had a good game. I know this
from last year when the Cavs beat the Lakers both times with LeBron being the best player in both games.

Great strategy by Phil though, calling the refs, the same people that gave him his 3rd championship with the Lakers, before the game. Sure worked tonight.
Salty_Lemon_Salt.jpg

Sorry XtraLebronFan, Bout no. 2 goes to the Lakeshow and the Mamba Lamar Odom.

Fixed.

undisputed best team in the league?

those dudes still are on Causeway Street until further notice.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

WITNESS !

Cavs first loss at home at the hands of the Lakers.

Lebron 5 for 20.

Lebron MVP ?
roll.gif

Lebron best player in the league
roll.gif
Word. One game usually determines who wins MVP.
No going 6-0 on this current road trip. Beating the Celtics & Cavs on they're home court, dropping 61 @ MSG, and having the best record in the league at the allstar break is why he's the MVP. Oh and the Lakers lost they're starting center who has beasting over teams before he got hurt. Oh and lets not forget Kobe is still the 3rd leading scorer while playing lesser minutes and taking less shots this se.ason
The Cavs accomplished a lot this season and those accomplishments can be looked at in the same light as the accomplishments of the Lakers.

There's a few things that distinguishes the Lakers as the better team between them and the Cavs.

And LeBron's play today is not one of them. He didn't play his best and still managed to end up with 16, 12, and 8.

I don't really see what's so comical about that.

great game by the Lakers, everyone stepped up. We have to see how long they keep playing like this because they get lazy on Defense sometimes.

Why do you dudes keep quoting these trolls and giving their idiotic opinions any validity? Just ignore 'em.

WITNESS !

Cavs first loss at home at the hands of the Lakers.

Lebron 5 for 20.

Lebron MVP ?
roll.gif

Lebron best player in the league
roll.gif
Word. One game usually determines who wins MVP.
No going 6-0 on this current road trip. Beating the Celtics & Cavs on they're home court, dropping 61 @ MSG, and having the best record in the league at the allstar break is why he's the MVP. Oh and the Lakers lost they're starting center who has beasting over teams before he got hurt. Oh and lets not forget Kobe is still the 3rd leading scorer while playing lesser minutes and taking less shots this se.ason
The Cavs accomplished a lot this season and those accomplishments can be looked at in the same light as the accomplishments of the Lakers.

There's a few things that distinguishes the Lakers as the better team between them and the Cavs.

And LeBron's play today is not one of them. He didn't play his best and still managed to end up with 16, 12, and 8.

I don't really see what's so comical about that.

But you fail to see that the Lakers had a lot to do with Lebrons play. We shut him down today, he didn't just have "an off night." The Lakersmade a conscious effort to stop him and they did just that.

Yeah, Boston is the best until they lose the title.

I want to play them so badly again in the Finals.
Hopefully we can make it over there...

Still.
6-0 on the biggest roadtrip of the year without Drew' while beating Boston(riding a 12 game winning streak) AND the Cavs(who were unbeaten at Home) ANDLamar really coming on in the last 2 games is something to feel good about.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

who would you say is better then?

Who cares if Kobe won them the game or not?
eyes.gif

A W is a W. I'd rather see Kobe have a pedestrian game with a W than a 40/50/60 point night with an L.

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

LMAO Refs are trying really hard.

Just say the league wants the Lakers to win this year.

Come on now. I mean if it's not obvious, it wouldn't be that funny, but really.

It looks too obvious.
I agree and I believe they will.

I can't even buy into this NBA anymore. It's Hollywood.

I lost a lil respect for Bron too. Almost looked like he threw that game. Ben Wallace definitely threw it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Lamar Odom won this game. SMH @ Cavs interior defense allowing him to look like Moses Malone in the third quarter. Funny how Kobe fans who constantly try to downplay the performances of other Laker players in order to make Kobe look better call Gasol soft, but what "soft" player can bother LeBron on so many drives and make him miss that many times?

It's all good LeBron haters though.. You hate now when he had a bad game, and you would be hating had the Cavs won and LeBron had a good game. I know this from last year when the Cavs beat the Lakers both times with LeBron being the best player in both games.

Great strategy by Phil though, calling the refs, the same people that gave him his 3rd championship with the Lakers, before the game. Sure worked tonight.

laugh.gif
you are funny!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by allen3xis

who would you say is better then?
He said Boston.
Oh. Well Boston won the title LAST year, this is an entirely different journey, word to Mike Tomlin. Clearly Boston isn't the same as theywere last year from what we've seen so far this season. Can they turn it on in the playoffs, maybe, but we don't know that. But right now, I don'tsee how with what the Lakers have done this season, that they can't be the best team in the league.

Great win by the lakers, impeccable defense by them on lebron. Def used arizas length and help side positioning to disrupt his game.

BUT

most laker fans in here are great and i respect your opinions but lets not forget that just like last year

THIS IS ONLY THE REGULAR SEASON. The best team is still Boston. Your the champs until your dethroned

and i hate boston

Good win and another great road trip.
pimp.gif

I'm glad to see the resilience and growth of this team. Down on the road against the 2 best teams in the east and they kept their composite and ralliedback.
pimp.gif
and Kobe wasn't at his best too...

Cavs will be fine...whoever wins between them and the Celtics is gonna be a great matchup in the Finals, hopefully against us.

But that's not in a while...right now we just proved we're very legit, regardless of Drew
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Yeah, Boston is the best until they lose the title.

I want to play them so badly again in the Finals.
Hopefully we can make it over there...

Still.
6-0 on the biggest roadtrip of the year without Drew' while beating Boston(riding a 12 game winning streak) AND the Cavs(who were unbeaten at Home) AND Lamar really coming on in the last 2 games is something to feel good about.
well right now, the lakers are playing like the best team in the league.... but it is right to not count out the celtics. despite 2 losses to LA,in both games, both lakers and celtics did not play their best, lakers just didn;t play as bad as the celtics did. really, neither team really dominated forlengthy periods of time and either team could have won (or loss) those games. it just so happened to be LA winning both times. we would have to meet in thefinal to see how things play out when both teams actually play well in a game....

but in regards to cleveland.... these games against LA have been very typical LA type games..... weak D in first half, then pour it on offensively in secondhalf. basically, the point is, LA knows how to beat cleveland and will always do so. versus celtics, it;s more of a situational matchup. who makes lessmistakes. who capitalizes on oppoent errors.....thus LA vs. celtics will be the better and more entertaining final matchup.

but in regards to cleveland....

just dumb. people saying the best team this year in the NBA is the team that won the title last year.

cmon now. who says you can't celebrate regular season wins? to tame it down.

posting on a messageboard is celebrating?

Different year, different circumstances.

Lakers are the best team in the NBA right now overall. The only argument that I can give is that Orlando beat the Laker twice. but now that they lost Jameerfor a while, they should be a different team unless someone steps up for him.

No doubt.
Going 4-0 against the best teams in the East IS something to celebrate over.

but again, the only month that REALLY matters is June.

Back
Top Bottom