OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

...So ...So

Those from Alex Ross? Regardless, the man does some amazing work. I was reorganizing all my comics recently and I flipped through my volume of Kingdom Come just to admire the art. I honestly care more for the art than I do the story itself :lol:

Last edited:
His artwork from the 4 part series "Marvel" in the 90s was breathtaking. First time I ever paid $6+ for a comic book.

The attention to detail, shading, and coloring in his work makes everything automatically look epic, if not biblical, in nature. Take the above pics for example. All those really show are DC's Big 3 standing around, yet you automatically assume that something breathtaking is occuring. And to branch out from the above:

this remains some of, if not the, best Green Lantern artwork you'll ever find.

Then there's Captain Marvel

Last edited:
that son of a b*tch is charging $120 per sig at awesome con. those are some nice books you got signed @sthebest

this is what I've narrowed myself down to taking to him in DC, was trying to keep it to just stories that he's written but 316 is my favorite cover of all time so I had to toss that in there. was gonna go with 252 as well but like I said I'm trying to keep it to stories that he's actually written. 

that son of a b*tch is charging $120 per sig at awesome con. those are some nice books you got signed @sthebest

this is what I've narrowed myself down to taking to him in DC, was trying to keep it to just stories that he's written but 316 is my favorite cover of all time so I had to toss that in there. was gonna go with 252 as well but like I said I'm trying to keep it to stories that he's actually written. 

Wow. I think his wife is sick?
Nice books there. At least he created Spidey so him signing any book makes sense.

Had a couple prints made up for my newborns room. Trying to start him off early.

Went with a black super hero theme so he'd feel empowered a bit more as he grows up. My friend is a graphic designer and we were going for a Skottie Young variant feel, I personally feel like he nailed it.

Got around to finally reading Chrononauts this weekend. I'm liking it so far.

I got a lot of Scottie Young Variants...I like his style but I guess i just kinda got tired of it and stop buying em :\

One of my local shops has deals of the week every week and puts certain books at 50% off for the week (this week its Cable #1). A few weeks ago I got Luke Cage #1 and just got around to reading it last night...its not bad! Has great art and a good story.

I surprisingly don't own any physicals any more except that Obama Spiderman.

I went almost 100% digital when the ipad apps got better. I may get back into physical editions when my son gets older.

Saw the poster today and my favorite Doctor will be there. So I might stop by....

Let me know dog. Always down to meet up. I live in between Baltimore and D.C. right next to arundel mills.

I'm in Clinton. I always forget about Awesome-Con. Happy there's so many events like this in DC/MD now.

Yepp Baltimore Comic-con is pretty cool too. They're going to have an ocean city comic con as well

Holy crap, I didn't know Awesome-Con is in DC...I may have to go and check it out.

sthebest sthebest Stan still charging one henna for a sig?

It was actually $120. I wanted to get a comic signed for my dad but i didnt know it would be that much. X-Men #1 is one of my favorite comic book covers of all time so at least i got that signed

I unfortunately just missed Chris Claremont at Megacon. But if i got his sig first, i might have missed Stan Lee.

Back
Top Bottom