OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Bendis gone!

:lol: He honestly has been washed. Recently read Iron Man Generations and it just been the same blandness he been on the past 3-4 years.

Maybe going to DC will reinvigorate him. I won't be following him unless he's writing some of my fav characters but if its more of the same I won't be enthused.

The best news is who will be penning Miles, Defenders, and Iron Man come next year.

I like that marvel went back to OG numbering.

Feels tights reading Spider-Man in the 100s and not a new number 1 again.

Need to catch up on invincible, saga, TWD

I like that marvel went back to OG numbering.

Feels tights reading Spider-Man in the 100s and not a new number 1 again.

Need to catch up on invincible, saga, TWD

that legacy numbering was all a ploy to reach their centennial/millenial issue. still cool though I agree. those variants for spider-man 800, 900 and 1000 are gonna be crazy!

I mean, all Bendis has under his belt is Ultimate Spider-Man. Granted, it’s a great series, but his work after that has been stale. I couldn’t care less if he leaves Marvel or stays. Hopefully he doesn’t drag DC down though. I’ve been enjoying Rebirth.

Tom King said on Twitter that there's more to come and Bendis is just the start. I saw a rumor that DC might get a deal with Hickman. Which would be insane. I want to see Hickman and Remender write Big 2 cape comics again. DC and some of their writers have been teasing a Legion return. Plus the perpetually rumored Shazam ongoing since the New 52 JL back-ups. They need a new Booster Gold and Martian Manhunter ongoing too. That would be hype.

I mean, all Bendis has under his belt is Ultimate Spider-Man. Granted, it’s a great series, but his work after that has been stale. I couldn’t care less if he leaves Marvel or stays. Hopefully he doesn’t drag DC down though. I’ve been enjoying Rebirth.
Nah.

His Daredevil run was great.

I also enjoyed his Avengers run up to a point. Made me like Avengers comics again in the first place.
Tom King said on Twitter that there's more to come and Bendis is just the start. I saw a rumor that DC might get a deal with Hickman. Which would be insane. I want to see Hickman and Remender write Big 2 cape comics again. DC and some of their writers have been teasing a Legion return. Plus the perpetually rumored Shazam ongoing since the New 52 JL back-ups. They need a new Booster Gold and Martian Manhunter ongoing too. That would be hype.
Hickman been teasing doing books for DC since the end of Secret Wars.

Expect some Legion of Superheroes stuff.

White Knight?

http://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/433004

Series by Sean Murphy.

In a world where Batman has gone too far, The Joker must save Gotham City.

He’s been called a maniac, a killer and the “Clown Prince of Crime” but “white knight”? Never. Until now…

Set in a world where the Joker is cured of his insanity and homicidal tendencies, The Joker, now known as “Jack,” sets about trying to right his wrongs. First he plans to reconcile with Harley Quinn, and then he’ll try to save the city from the one person who he thinks is truly Gotham City’s greatest villain: Batman!

Superstar writer and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS, THE WAKE) presents a seven-issue miniseries of a twisted Gotham City with a massive cast of heroes and villains that, at its heart, is a tragic story of a hero and a villain: Batman and The Joker. But which is the hero—and which the villain?

Basically Joker becomes a hero.. :lol:

:lol: @ calling it White Knight like we all would know. Thought you were referring to Moon Knight at first or some indie comic.

Its Batman: White Knight.

And yeah so far I've read issue 1. Its good.

:lol: @ calling it White Knight like we all would know. Thought you were referring to Moon Knight at first or some indie comic.

Its Batman: White Knight.

And yeah so far I've read issue 1. Its good.

I agree, it's good.

Hickman been teasing like s*** about that DC move. I wonder if we see more and more artists/writers sign exclusive contracts. I loved King's work on The Vision and I'm really digging his batman run.

The news really caught me off guard but I was like :pimp: cuz Sony clearly trying.

Got a shot at a pretty good vamp horror sci-fi anti-heroish flick. Plus its set in Spidey's world.

Caught me off guard too. :lol:

I didn't even realize Sony had the Morbius rights. I really did and still do want to see a live action Midnight Sons team-up.

Batman: The Prince Charming book one was really good. Highly recommend it.
Also Mister Miracle is great so far. I have no idea who the characters are and what's going on but its really good. Also a thumbs up from to the first issue of Batman White Knight, havent read #2 yet.
Looking forward to Doomsday clock

Last edited:
Anyone messing with the new Falcon run? I like how the writer relates it to the black community.

actually met the writer the day the book came out, he's a native of my city and he's a super chill dude. Wish I would've gotten some stuff autographed now. Dude is really talented, he was head writer for the boondocks.

Back
Top Bottom