OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Can't find my trades for Saga Vol. 1-3. Kind of annoyed by that. Maybe I left it back at my parents house.

Any other trades that are worth checking out? Anything good from Marvel recently?

Only titles that I currently follow are Saga and Descender.

Anyone else get Avengers #675 today? I don't read The Avengers, but I saw in the previews catalog that Bruce Banner Hulk is coming back in this No Surrender 16-parter.

I finished part one and I'm so lost. I don't know any of these offshoot Avengers teams.

BENDIS Takes On SUPERMAN For ACTION COMICS #1000 - Report

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTgvMTI3L2kwMi9Nb1NfU3RlZWxib29rLmpwZw==.jpg

Brian Michael Bendis' first DC Comics work will be a back-up story in Action Comics #1000, according to ComicBook. Bendis signed a multi-year exclusive with DC following nearly two decades at Marvel Comics.

ComicBook reports that the story will be drawn by DC Comics co-publisher Jim Lee. No further details were given in the report.

Action Comics #1000 has not yet been solicited, but is anticipated to be released in April 2018 to coincide with Superman's 80th anniversary.

https://www.newsarama.com/38157-bendis-takes-on-superman-for-action-comics-1000-report.html

That sounds pretty cool. I could see that being a mini or an 8-12 issue maxi-series like All-Star Superman. I would buy it.

Is that Sisqo? :lol: That distracted me the entire time.

Pitch sounds cool. The human Superman take has been done before but its a nice take.

Again though, this stuff always sounds like Marvel approach to superheroes; they're humans with flaws not paragons. The twist with Superman being he's raised human so he really takes it to heart he can't do everything.

Last edited:
Just finished Vol. 4 of Descender. So good.

I was in a comic book shop for sometime today debating if I should read the Marvel Legacy stuff. I think I’ll wait till the trade releases.

Are you talking about Generations? I would just get the Marvel Legacy one-shot. Everything else was pretty pointless.

This current Avengers event is supposed to be substantial. There's a new issue every week for 16 weeks.

Any Image heads get Ice Cream Man #1? It's a horror book. I bought it on a whim because the variant looked dope. Not what I was expecting. This comic is f*****. :lol:

Are you talking about Generations? I would just get the Marvel Legacy one-shot. Everything else was pretty pointless.

This current Avengers event is supposed to be substantial. There's a new issue every week for 16 weeks.
Yeah, I was talking about Generations.

Thanks for the suggestion. I skimmed through it and noticed at the end that OG Wolverine is back with an Infinity Stone lol.

They're bringing back the red trunks for Action #1000. There's a whole bunch of insane creative teams on it too.
  • Brian Michael Bendis with Jim Lee
  • Richard Donner and Geoff Johns with art from Olivier Coipel
  • Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason with Dan Jurgens
  • Paul Dini with José Luis García-López
  • Tom King with Clay Mann and Jordie Bellaire
  • Brad Meltzer with John Cassaday and Laura Martin
  • Louise Simonson with Jerry Ordway
  • Scott Snyder with Tim Sale
  • and more to be announced
http://www.ew.com/books/2018/01/19/action-comics-issue-1000-superman-red-trunks/

I heard that mighty thor run with Jane as thor is good. It's crazy how when some of the people trash certain decisions initially are silent when it's good.

Last edited:
Same thing happened with Superior Spider-Man too. People just happy to be loud about things that haven't even happen yet. Just let the story run and if it sucks it sucks.

I enjoyed Slott's run on Spidey. The Big Time arc is what got me back into comics.

Had no idea Olivier Copiel is drawing for DC now.

I think Mighty Thor has been one of those books that hits with critics, but is polarizing with readers. You just gotta read the books that you like and appeal to you.

Slott has one of the best runs. Everyone loves Slott's run up to Superior. It's mostly the Tony Stark lite and Parker Industries stuff people don't like. Pete went from being an everyman "friendly neighborhood" hero to an industrialist. The stories weren't hitting like they used to. Switching to Iron Man might be the best case scenario. Maybe Dan Slott can create some classic key stories for Tony's rogues gallery. While a new writer gets a fresh take on Spidey.

I enjoyed Slott's run on Spidey. The Big Time arc is what got me back into comics.

Had no idea Olivier Copiel is drawing for DC now.

Coipel had done some DC work with Abnett and Lanning on Legion before he signed an exclusive deal with Marvel. Those Legion runs were pretty good.

I think Mighty Thor has been one of those books that hits with critics, but is polarizing with readers. You just gotta read the books that you like and appeal to you.

Slott has one of the best runs. Everyone loves Slott's run up to Superior. It's mostly the Tony Stark lite and Parker Industries stuff people don't like. Pete went from being an everyman "friendly neighborhood" hero to an industrialist. The stories weren't hitting like they used to. Switching to Iron Man might be the best case scenario. Maybe Dan Slott can create some classic key stories for Tony's rogues gallery. While a new writer gets a fresh take on Spidey.

Coipel had done some DC work with Abnett and Lanning on Legion before he signed an exclusive deal with Marvel. Those Legion runs were pretty good.
Cool, I had no idea about that. I'll check those out.

I was watching Jim Lee's X-Men lot from #1-37 on eBay and forgot to bid.

I was pretty bummed. 90's Marvel is what got me hooked to comic books.

The search continues.

OH, has anyone started reading Old Man Hawkeye?

The news doesn't stop. :wow:

Insta-buy right here. I think Soule's underrated. I'm willing to look past him writing the Inhumans when they were making things difficult for the mutants. :lol:

huntforwolverine1.jpg

huntforwolverine2.jpg

THE HUNT FOR WOLVERINE Explores Different Genres for LOGAN's Return

Starting in April, The Hunt For Wolverine #1 will unravel the mystery of Wolverine’s return, seen in last year's Marvel Legacy #1.

The 40-page one-shot from Death of Wolverine writer Charles Soule and artist David Marquez kicks off a series of genre-crossing stories from different creative teams.

“Steve McNiven and I took on the incredible task of killing Wolverine back in 2014 - it was one of my earliest projects at Marvel, and such a huge opportunity. Intimidating, tricky, all of that - but ultimately, I think we created a book (alongside Jay Leisten, Justin Ponsor and Chris Eliopolous) that we're all really proud of,” said Soule in a statement. “There's really only one project that could top it - being part of the story that brings Logan back! The Hunt For Wolverine is just the opening chapters of a mystery that will reach all sorts of cool hidden corners of the Marvel Universe, and will tell a story that will hopefully have us looking at Logan in an entirely new way.”

“I'm really looking forward to seeing how fans start to put the pieces together,” he continued. “There's a big payoff coming down the road, and all the interlocking parts of The Hunt For Wolverine build to it. The more you read, the more clues you get. It's really fun - especially since I have a bit of a reputation in X-continuity for knocking off beloved mutants. This time, it's nice to be part of bringing someone back!”

Then in May, following the initial one-shot, a series of four further one-shots from different creative teams will explore multiple genres, including an action/adventure story in “Adamantium Agenda”, a horror tale in “Claws of the Killer,” a dark romance story in “Mystery In Madripoor,” and finally a noir/detective tale in “Weapon Lost.”

“This is a game changer,” said series editor Mark Paniccia. “Hunt For Wolverine #1 has a stunning revelation and the four books that spring from it will each have a mind-bending, status quo changing reveal by amazing talent that I can’t wait to announce.”

The Hunt For Wolverine #1 is due out on shelves April 25. Here’s the full solicitation:

THE HUNT FOR WOLVERINE #1
Written by CHARLES SOULE
Art by DAVID MARQUEZ
Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
On-Sale 4/25/18

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/38259-the...ores-different-genres-for-logan-s-return.html

Back
Top Bottom