OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Marvel comics onlinefinally has All new Xmen and Uncanny on there, i can finally read them. although i dont like how it goes page by page.

Want to get a bit more active in this thread. Will post pick ups in a bit but anyone in NYC going to NYCC. Getting tickets today were like trying to get Yeezy's with them lines. May have to pay resale for a Saturday ticket. Had my chance to buy them at Special Edition a few months back but I slept.

Recent pickus

so what thor issues do i have to read to understand why he isn't worthy, and why Uru choose another person to wield it? :nerd:
There've been hints in many books Thor appears in but he officially becomes unworthy in Original Sin #7 due to something Nick Fury says to him.

According to the creators, if you want to find out what was said, read the new Thor book launching in October.

so what thor issues do i have to read to understand why he isn't worthy, and why Uru choose another person to wield it? :nerd:

info/background?
Thor will become unworthy and not be able to lift his hammer anymore. Some other bad **** happens to him too. Then a woman shows up and is worthy to lift it and becomes the new Thor for the new series. All apart of the writer's plans which he started like 2 years ago.

Original Sin seems good I should start reading it?

I've personally loved the event. There have been a few issues so far of the 7 that have just left me with my jaw dropped. #7 may have been the best yet however. I'm really looking forward to reading the last issue.

finally watching the X men Japanese Anime, I can't figure out who hisako is but i've seen her or atleast her power in a show or comic beffore

also i never knew the full story of how or why emma frost came over to the X men, can anyone fill me in?

She just kinda stopped being a bad guy, left the Hellfire club and went to be a teacher to mutants in Boston with Banshee with Prof. X's okay. Then when that was done and most of the team was killed off or moved back to Westchester she became Cyclops' sex therapist for w/e made up problems Grant Morrison decided he had with Jean Grey and then they had a psychic affair and Jean died cuz of the phoenix again. Then Jean manipulated them to stay together so that some bull **** future wouldn't happen and she's been part of the X-Men ever since.

She just kinda stopped being a bad guy, left the Hellfire club and went to be a teacher to mutants in Boston with Banshee with Prof. X's okay. Then when that was done and most of the team was killed off or moved back to Westchester she became Cyclops' sex therapist for w/e made up problems Grant Morrison decided he had with Jean Grey and then they had a psychic affair and Jean died cuz of the phoenix again. Then Jean manipulated them to stay together so that some bull **** future wouldn't happen and she's been part of the X-Men ever since.

Sex therapist. was it that bad of a story line?

Sex therapist. was it that bad of a story line?
I personally did not like it at all even though what was done to Scott was nothing I disagree with but I'm not that big of a fan of Grant Morrison's Marvel work. Keep in mind though other stuff was going down at the time for this not to be the biggest talking point.

From some they'd say it wasn't bad, it all depends on what camp they fall in.

If you look at Scott's history in the romance dept he's always been a simping lame and even a bit as the X-Men leader. He's lost the leadership before and has wanted to quit several times to go live his life ignoring the mutant struggle with his family or w/e. He's always been in love with Jean or her clone and that has affected the team directly or indirectly.

Bottom line with the story is suddenly he and Jean had marital problems, this was early 2000s so I'm not even clear what exactly they were but I do recall the sessions with Scott which were all held on the psychic plane for secrecy. I say she was a sex therapist cuz:

So while it fits Scott's lameness imo I didn't like the story but it was a rather small storyline at the time that only became important once Scott and Emma remained a couple right after Jean's death and has stuck until it ended a few years ago.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Morrisons run on X-men. Scott-Jeab narital strife and all.

Emma Frost became a good eye in the 90's comic generation x im pretty sure. Really liked Gen X when I was a kid.

so do you like the new Uncanny X men? Cyclops a bit better now imo.

i never really kept up reading comics i just kinda got back in to them with the All new X men run and New Uncanny run a few side stories here and there.

this X-men Japanese Anime has also tapped in to Legacy (Charles son a bit)

how was his comic run?

I also forgot who all the Omega class mutants are.

(i hate how this anime makes Storm practically useless. )

Last edited:
ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 (ALEX ROSS VARIANT)

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #10 (VARIANT)

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #5 (OF 9)

AXIS: CARNAGE #2 (of 3) :evil:

ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 (COLBERT VARIANT) :rofl:

more here: http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...november-2014-solicitations-are-here#/slide/1

Action Comics #1 sold for $2m a couple years ago....lets see if this can top it
This one will definitely crush the one Nicholas Cage sold 3 years ago.  Although the one Cage sold has the same CGC grade as the current one on eBay, the current one should easily surpass $2M because it has White Pages, compared to Cage's Cream to Off-White Pages.  Just the idea of a 1938 comic still having white pages would make any hardcore comic collector "cream" in his pants...

so do you like the new Uncanny X men? Cyclops a bit better now imo.

i never really kept up reading comics i just kinda got back in to them with the All new X men run and New Uncanny run a few side stories here and there.
The new Uncanny X-Men by Bendis is cool. I still don't care for Cyclops but I will say the change they went with him ever since schism and then AvX is interesting. Just seems Bendis isn't really going anywhere with Cyclops' "revolution" and is stalling for time until he can end the schism.

this X-men Japanese Anime has also tapped in to Legacy (Charles son a bit)

how was his comic run?
Legion's Legacy run was cool. Real meta and introspective.

I also forgot who all the Omega class mutants are.
It's really no longer emphasized anyway.

Was it good? I find myself not liking much of Morrison's work.

Are you a big DC fan? I do like Morrison, but I think if you're into DC it's at least worth reading. If you're into Marvel it a huge Multiversal end of the world plot similar to what Hickman is doing with New Avengers. Instead of from one Universe's team POV though, this story is combining characters from across all the alternate worlds and giving you a much closer look at the other universes.

The first issue was really good, but that's all there has been so far...

Back
Top Bottom