OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

it's pretty good it's more organized in terms with storyline than the mainstream ones
everyone's just younger, and MAJOR events happen.
this universe is not shy in killing major players! (well i thought, when they killed off magneto...)

Okay so I've read up to issue 25 of Invincible when does it get good? I love Kirkman's work with TWD but I'm not really connecting with this.

The story isn't all that engaging or compelling, not that funny, and the art isn't the greatest. At times it seems like it's mocking/parody of superhero comics with the knockoff Batman, Rorschach, Flash, etc. characters that make cameos and the even worse villains. There are some real themes and plots established but don't seem to be taken seriously. I'm just not sure what the focus is suppose to be the way most conflicts finish so quickly or are flippantly ended by a villain's stupidity (beings from other dimension that age quickly telling the heroes it's the wristband that keeps them from aging). I also feel Kirkman does way too much cliffhanger scenes or is that suppose to be a joke? Like when somebody finds out they're being cheated on with the "....", "No, no, no no no. NO!" or sometimes when he uses the narration boxes instead of dialogue between characters and just rambles on and anon and on. I get that this is suppose to be a bit lighthearted but it does not invoke any emotion when I read it.

The way I've seen ppl rave about this series in this thread and elsewhere I expected better. Not that I had high expectations but so far this isn't something where I'm eager to read the next issue.

Whats everyone reading? Me: Punisher, JLA, Batman, Hulk, Avengers, Wolverine and The X-Men, & Amazing Spiderman. Anyone going to the Emerald City Comic Con?

eek.gif
the endng to Kick-!$@

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

eek.gif
the endng to Kick-!$@
Yup
Very good ending. Definitely surprised with Hit-Girl too. I'll probably be picking up her title when she comes out.
Has anyone read Saga? Just came out last week and it's pretty good. Written by Brian K. Vaughn Check it out.

one thing that had me "
grin.gif
"
Hit-girl was taking full on strikes to the face with brass knuckles by that russian chick...
and MFer being a punk at the end
laugh.gif

Hopefully this thread stays alive, I really need to catch up on comics...been slacking for years

eek.gif
the endng to Kick-!$@
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Can't wait for Hit-Girl and Kick-$## 3

I love that book. So hilarious and entertaining. There's such a great job done of making you believe this is how it'd go down in real life for the most part.

Just read X-Men 1 for the first time in a while last night. Man, good stuff. Probably going to read the x-cutioners song this weekend.

one thing that had me "
grin.gif
"
Hit-girl was taking full on strikes to the face with brass knuckles by that russian chick...
and MFer being a punk at the end
laugh.gif
I thought the beginning of the fight was 
laugh.gif

I am pulling a lot of comics...I think I should cut back for now.

How was the latest Justice League? I stopped pulling because I heard Jim Lee isn't doing the artwork. Any reviews?

Also, I just found out that Leinil Yu is Filipino.
pimp.gif
 Definitely a fan of his artwork...The artwork on next week's Avenging Spider-Man looks awesome.

@Livemyreality I've been getting JLA and I thought it was good especially with Jim Lee's art. The first 6 issues I thought was a good story arc and featured Lee's art issue 7 that just came out had a guest penciler but I believe Jim Lee will be back next issue. I like the book so far but I've seen a lot of hate for it on sites like ifanboy.com but I like it and I'm in as long as Jim Lee is drawing it. Batman and Punisher are my favorite books right now but JLA is solid and def worth it for Jim Lee's art.

^Hmm..Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

Oh yeah, btw Avengers vs. X-Men #0 tomorrow! It starts! I'm juiced.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

^Hmm..Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

Oh yeah, btw Avengers vs. X-Men #0 tomorrow! It starts! I'm juiced.
eek.gif
Really? Will have to set a reminder.

OK picked up my pull box from the last 3 weeks. Sadly I'm missing because I forgot to add to it. So no Wonder Woman
30t6p3b.gif
. I just read Kick-!%+ and damn I didn't want to see Hit-girl go down like that. Liking the new spider man
Oh Yea I read AvxX and wow Vision layed it down.

Still have to pick up my pull box tomorrow =( But I'm excited for AvX.

I have to agree that Batman #7 was surprising. It looks like the "Owl" storyline is going to bigger than I thought. Capullo and Snyder = Full of win.

I was able to stop by another comic shop and pick up some titles...

Avenging Spider-Man w/ Capt. America was real good. Leinel Yu did a great drop doing the artwork and made Peter Parker really look like Andrew Garfield. I also didn't know that the people on the Avengers knew Peter Parker was Spider-Man. Probably missed something when I was out of the comics.

Astonishing X-Men #48 was alright...I didn't know Northstar was gay. lol

FF #16 was good too. I dont know if you guys read this title, but the new storyline looks promising. Especially Franklin Richards and his future self.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #8 Storyline is good. Dialogue as well. But the artwork is awesome.

Spidermachine916 - I have a feeling that the new Walking Dead storyline is going to start off slow...that's how the last storyline was. Anyway, are you from Sac? What comic shop do you hit up?

The new Walking Dead storyline looks to be fun and slow but all their story lines are that way. I mean Rick handled bussiness in the streets and people stared at him. Violence is his everyday and they just werent used to that. So I wanna so how that plays out.

Half of Marvels Releases seem to be X-men and worth AvsX I'm lost. I haven't read X-men outside of Ultimate Xmen so where do I start?

Back
Top Bottom