OFFICIAL CONVERSE THREAD

wac_6205.jpeg

It doesn't make sense that they would make a collaboration version with this model for followers instead of the original version for purists.

Drops limited collab version, drum up hype, then trickle out other colorways.

That's the recipe.

True indeed. But Nike hasn't dug into the Converse archives to rehash the Weapon line since they've owned them for 20 years now. It's like they're complacent with keeping the Chuck Taylor line readily available in addition to them pushing retro Jordans and their own retro and current stuff.

Their ownership of Converse has me thinking it wouldn't be hard to rehash the old Converse shoes in their original form because they were never signature shoes. So they wouldn't have to go through with rehashing them without a logo designed for a player.

The only signature line I recall that Converse had was the Magic Converse line made for Magic Johnson toward the end of his career.

chuck taylors have a massively wide appeal whereas i'm not so sure about the rest of converse's shoes.

would love a proper aero jam retro tho.

About time! Love the weapon! In on these…

Had the Kevin Johnson converse run n slam. Had to take ‘em back because they killed my feet. Kj was a bad man in the mid 90’s

Funny that converse called their tech “react juice” . Only in the 90’s LOL

True indeed. But Nike hasn't dug into the Converse archives to rehash the Weapon line since they've owned them for 20 years now. It's like they're complacent with keeping the Chuck Taylor line readily available in addition to them pushing retro Jordans and their own retro and current stuff.

Their ownership of Converse has me thinking it wouldn't be hard to rehash the old Converse shoes in their original form because they were never signature shoes. So they wouldn't have to go through with rehashing them without a logo designed for a player.

The only signature line I recall that Converse had was the Magic Converse line made for Magic Johnson toward the end of his career.

Converse had a few sig athletes back in the day. Dr. J, Larry Johnson and the whole Grandmama (AeroJet, BackJam) and Rodman has 2 sigs as well.

chuck taylors have a massively wide appeal whereas i'm not so sure about the rest of converse's shoes.

would love a proper aero jam retro tho.

I'm just glad they're looking at ANY retro hoops shoes. The archives from the 80s and 90s are ripe to be retroed. Definitely in on the Frags :nthat:

Would kill for a proper Aero Jam with React Juice.

Also a retro of the All Star 2000.

About time! Love the weapon! In on these…

Had the Kevin Johnson converse run n slam. Had to take ‘em back because they killed my feet. Kj was a bad man in the mid 90’s

Funny that converse called their tech “react juice” . Only in the 90’s LOL

Would also love a retro of those Rodman converse 91 all stars’

Converse had a few sig athletes back in the day. Dr. J, Larry Johnson and the whole Grandmama (AeroJet, BackJam) and Rodman has 2 sigs as well.

While it clearly makes sense for Nike/Converse to mass produce the Chuck Taylor because of its broad appeal, it still would make sense for them to rehash the other archaic basketball shoes because they're identifiable with fans who are now older. But with less production because the demand will never be high as Jordan & Nike retros and Chuck Taylors.

I also remember the Aero Jet worn by Larry Johnson in the early '90s. I remember that react juice gimmick because I used to joke it resembled Slimer (Ghostbusters character) goo. I never realized LJ's shoes were signatures since they didn't have his name on them as it's traditional with signature shoes.

I forgot that Kevin Johnson wore Converse.

I recall Isaiah Rider was with Converse when he started his NBA career with the Timberwolves because he had a commercial where his face morphed into a wild animal. I think it was a wolf.

Although Dr. J was definitely recognizable with Converse, he never had a signature when he was an active player because that gimmick didn't exist until Michael Jordan signed with Nike in 1984. No player ever had his name on a shoe preceding 1984. The shoes they wore only had the brand's name on them back then.

I definitely remember the All-Star 2000 because they came out in 1996.

They need to occasionally rehash the Pro Leather & Weapon models. Dr. J fans would easily wear the Pro Leather. Lakers & Celtics fans who were alive during the peak of that rivalry in the '80s would definitely wear the Weapon. I think I would get the Weapon in the Lakers color if it was cheap because I'm a Lakers & Magic Johnson fan.

Got the L went to the website and it was not working. Sold out on Snkrs in less than 30 seconds lol

This release was a massive PITA. I started looking for release info for anything besides SNKRS a few days ago, and couldn't find anything except for a couple of random raffles. Like literally nobody was saying they had them. L on snkrs. Got 2 different sizes in cart at Converse, only to get bounced at final checkout. Euro sites refusing to ship to US. Canadian sites refusing to ship to US. Hopefully we at least have some other colorways coming. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Back
Top Bottom