Official Countdown to Pacman being reinstated/banned from the NFL for life thread

Hopefully if he does get re-instated..he can stay out of trouble
ohwell.gif

I could see Goodell giving him the axe though..

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Not necessarily in defense of Pacman or anything, but I know it would be hard for anyone to prevent themselves from doing something that every other single person on earth is able to do. I'm talking about being able to drink. Every other NFL player is able to drink if they want but he can't. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve that punishment but I know it would be hard for me to just play on Sunday, go to practice, and chill in my apartment reading books/watching TV every day.
Not tryin to single you out, but that's $+#*%*!$... Nothing more than another excuse to try and dismiss his behavior...

PacMan has a problem, PacMan needs to be a man and address his problem... People in the everyday world have alcohol problems, too. And they aren't allrunning around drinking, smackin dudes up in the bathroom, causing problems in strip clubs, etc...

If you've got an alcohol problem, don't drink. That's not a tough decision to make. And it's pathetic Jerry Jones and the NFL have seeminglyhad to try and make it for him by telling him to stay away from alcohol and then sending him to rehab after that didn't work...

He should go play football in Canada for a season so he can prove that he can play for a pro team and stay out of trouble. Then come back and try to catch onwith an NFL team.

Since PacMan hasnt been officially charged or convicted of anything, I cant say that anything hes done is worse than getting ARRESTED for doing COKE inpublic... Like I keep asking, How is Pacman still out for having a scuffle with his boy, but Matt Jones gets only 4 games for doing COKE in public?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Since PacMan hasnt been officially charged or convicted of anything, I cant say that anything hes done is worse than getting ARRESTED for doing COKE in public... Like I keep asking, How is Pacman still out for having a scuffle with his boy, but Matt Jones gets only 4 games for doing COKE in public?
smh.gif
1st time offense is a mandatory 4 game ban....

but I agree...it's a double-standard...pacman has been a model citizen since being drafted.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Not necessarily in defense of Pacman or anything, but I know it would be hard for anyone to prevent themselves from doing something that every other single person on earth is able to do. I'm talking about being able to drink. Every other NFL player is able to drink if they want but he can't. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve that punishment but I know it would be hard for me to just play on Sunday, go to practice, and chill in my apartment reading books/watching TV every day.
You make it seem like life revolves around alcohol. Staying out of clubs isn't that hard to do. He's not being confined to his crib. He's being told to stay out of places where he MAY get himself in a bad spot. If someone offered you a 13 million dollar deal to play football, but also to stay sober and out of clubs/bars, do you think that would be a hard thing to give up?
I'm not defending homeboy I already stated that. Lmao I knew I was gonna get a %##*%!%* of quotes and !@** from yall.

All I was saying was that restricting anybody from doing what the whole world is able to do is going to erk anyone. In his case, he more than deserves itbecause he seems like he gets into trouble everytime liquor is involved.

In all honesty though, I don't even think liquor is the issue, but I think he is making it seem that way because thats not as bad as him just being acomplete @$*! up so if it looks like there is an actual problem with liquor which leads to his behavior, that looks a whole lot better than him just alwaysmaking bad decisions.

BTW, he didn't go anywhere he wasn't supposed to be. Jerry Jones rented out the hotel and told him to go down there with his girl and uncle for hisbirthday. So some of this !@** should be put on Jerry cuz its not like Pacman just decided to wonder to a hotel on Monday night.

BTW, he didn't go anywhere he wasn't supposed to be. Jerry Jones rented out the hotel and told him to go down there with his girl and uncle for his birthday. So some of this !@** should be put on Jerry cuz its not like Pacman just decided to wonder to a hotel on Monday night.
But PacMan did decide to get drunk and wander into that hotel bathroom to fight his bodyguard that night...

I mean, I see what you're trying to say, but how pathetic is it that a grown man is so irresponsible and immature that he needs a 70 year old billionaireto babysit him and hold his hand? And even if you don't believe alcohol is at the root of his problems, if you're not mature enough to know thedifference between right and wrong, you shouldn't be drinking anyways... Alcohol isn't going to improve your judgment. It only makes things worse...

Pacman is back in Dallas

4:18 PM Tue, Nov 18, 2008 | Permalink | Buzz up! Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Now, everybody take a deep breath.

Adam Jones is back in Dallas and headed to his home in Prosper. I've heard hotel employees have decided to take a leave of absence.

Jones has completed a 30 day stint in a Boston alcohol treatment center. A source told us the treatment center determined Jones doesn't have anyalcohol problems. Jones is trying to get back in the league after getting suspended on Oct. 14 for violations to the conduct policy. He's awaitingNFL commissioner Roger Goodell's decision.

"I have not been given any indication as to what the commissioners office is thinking," Jones' Nashville-based attorney Worrick Robinson said."I am hopeful that they will consider the totality of the circumstances with considerable attention to the progress he has made in the last four weeks."

Roger Goddell speaks on Pacman situation.

Also, according to ESPN John Clayton, Pacman will most likely be readmitted to the NFL and Goodell is real close to making the decision

[h1]Cowboys owner says suspended Jones reinstated by NFL[/h1]
Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The NFL is giving Adam Jones another chance.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wednesday the suspended cornerback has been reinstated by league commissioner Roger Goodell, but will not play this Sunday or the following game on Thanksgiving. That would peg his return for Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh.

Jerry Jones said Adam Jones could return to practice Monday. The owner said the player would have "limited participation" this week, but would not be part of full-squad practices or conditioning.

Pacman was suspended Oct. 14, a week after getting into an alcohol-related scuffle with a team-paid bodyguard. He played six games after missing the entire 2007 season for the Tennessee Titans because of repeated legal troubles.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Good news for Cowboys fans.
grin.gif

Countdown to next meltdown has begun.... Pacman you are now on the clock...

Back
Top Bottom