**official DEXTER thread** Season 6 starts oct 2nd on showtime** TONIGHT**1 HOUR 30 MINS**

Will be a good season based on the 1st epi
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
had to bust outta retirement for this one
laugh.gif
yesirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 1 hr to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Trying to figure out how I can watch Dexter, Breaking Bad, How to Make it in America, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland all one after the other while keeping up with SNF
laugh.gif

GREAT first episode...some many memorable moments....
eek.gif
at dexter getting topped off at school...james olmos may rival the trinity killer's legendary status and his kills are going to be the darkest ever for the show....dexter murked those 2 paramedics in the beginning
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

First episode was good.

Netflix and On Demand have spoiled me with being able to watch past seasons 1 episode after another. I have to get used to watching once a week.

Any bets on if Mos Def will live from being a changed man, or become another one of Dexters trophies?

Is there stuff they showed on Shotime that wasnt on the leaked episode? The one I watched was only an hour long and I dont remember seeing Mos Def

Trisha 
eek.gif
devil.gif
smokin.gif
.  Even Dex couldn't resist once she showed the goods.  I like how she had to be topless to give a bj.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jay02

Is there stuff they showed on Shotime that wasnt on the leaked episode? The one I watched was only an hour long and I dont remember seeing Mos Def

They probably showed the Mos Def character in the Season Preview they usually do at the end of the 1st episode.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Jay02

They probably showed the Mos Def character in the Season Preview they usually do at the end of the 1st episode.

Ok good, almost started trippin. Makes sense, I didnt see the preview for the next episode.

This was a good episode?

I was just left saying "meh" afterwards. They set up the religious aspect, gave us the villains who while creepy don't instill fear or much mystery to me initially, and we have Quinn nervous to propose to Deb.. how interesting. Dex at the reunion was funny at times but it was all very average for me.

I guess I can blame myself for watching this after the most recent Breaking Bad... so Dexter was going to be pretty boring in comparison. I'll hold out hope I enjoy it more throughout the season, but after last season I think Dexter is definitely going downhill in regards to quality. It will still be among the better dramas on TV, but it's in a clear 2nd tier compared to others.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

This was a good episode?

I was just left saying "meh" afterwards. They set up the religious aspect, gave us the villains who while creepy don't instill fear or much mystery to me initially, and we have Quinn nervous to propose to Deb.. how interesting. Dex at the reunion was funny at times but it was all very average for me.

I guess I can blame myself for watching this after the most recent Breaking Bad... so Dexter was going to be pretty boring in comparison. I'll hold out hope I enjoy it more throughout the season, but after last season I think Dexter is definitely going downhill in regards to quality. It will still be among the better dramas on TV, but it's in a clear 2nd tier compared to others.
It was only a matter of time before nt'ers started to dis Dexter; I guess with Entourage being over you guys need something new to hate on.

It was a good season premier and
laugh.gif
 @ Dexter going downhill in regards to quality. I swear you guys are never pleased, do us all a favor and stay out of the Dexter season thread from here on out. Stick to Breaking Bad and other Tier 1 shows.

Yeah, you can't really compared the second to last episode of Breaking Bad this season to the season premiere of Dexter.  BB is already in stride and set it up for another crazy finale.  
I guess Dexter's babysitter last year wasn't that interesting after all.  She wasn't hiding any big secret or anything.  Just had a few small convos with Dex.  Angel's sister on the other hand is fire 
devil.gif
.  She'll probably end up wanting to get with him or somehow compromise his friendship with her brother.

So if I disliked the episode I'm automatically a hater and can't participate in discussion threads? Thanks for the suggestion.

People started to dis Entourage because it went down in quality... bottomline. It had much less to do with people on NT hating on something because it was popular, but because the show wasn't as good as it used to be. And if you didn't resort to blanket statements, I provided thought-out and legitimate reasons why I disliked a certain Entourage episode, I didn't just post "the show sucks" and leave it at that. If it was a poor episode of Entourage, I'd say it. If it was a strong episode, I'd say it. And I'll do the same thing with Dexter, so deal with it. Not to mention, I'm in the minority right now on here, most people liked it. Have I quoted each person and ridiculed them individually? No. I stated what I thought and you're a little too sensitive to criticism of a show you watch to either ignore it or respond to my criticisms.

Yeah, I think Dexter is below other shows, and what exactly is wrong with that? I think it's still a very good show that can be entertaining, thrilling, and fun to watch, but it's simply not as good as others to me. And again with your generalizations, I'm pleased with PLENTY of TV shows right now. Comedy is in a golden age of great shows, dramas have Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Friday Night Lights just finished up a terrific series, and I include Dexter in it too, plus I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other very good shows. Other than being disappointed in last season of Dexter and that one post, I don't blindly hate on TV shows just to annoy people. So save your condescending comments for someone else, thanks.

shogun, I didn't mean to compare this one episode of Dexter to BB, because of course it won't be as exciting to a show wrapping up it's season. Just in general I find Breaking Bad to be of higher quality, so watching Dexter right after was a drop off in my expectations. I think this episode of Dexter did what it had to in order to wrap up loose ends and start new stories, so I didn't think it would do that much initially.

good episode

only complaint is that the whole stalk and execute portion didnt seem very fulfilling, i mean i know i shouldnt be expecting too much and that its detail has sorta decreased as a factor in the show over the seasons but last nights felt very unsatisfying for some reason

Trishia.
laugh.gif

I was tired of seeing Rita's ******* anyways... Maybe Dex can get on a roll and keep smashing strange.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom