**official DEXTER thread** Season 6 starts oct 2nd on showtime** TONIGHT**1 HOUR 30 MINS**

Wasn't she a suspect at that point, too? I couldn't justify a lot of what happened that final season. I'm shocked to see someone who actually enjoyed it so much. It felt so clunky. You could tell they kind of wrote themselves into a corner.

*finished*

That was stellar.

Mostly the inner conflict he finally realized, that the father who took him in, Rita... all dead because of him. Laguerta, Doaks, they didn't fit the code, but they were gone because of him. Going headfirst into the storm and not having Dexter come out the other side is ultimately how he realized it simply had to be.

Fantastic.

The feels.

All of them. The second to last episode definitely felt rushed and choppy, but it was tied together beautifully for the finale.

Eff a Rotten Tomatoes or whoever else was looking for something different but didn't get it so they said that was garbage. Ultimately, that's exactly how it had to be, him realizing... it can't continue like this. And at that point, that's the end of the show.

My man :smokin

I told you it was good money.

What am I not picking up on that makes it so blatantly obvious that the writers knew that had screwed up?
Maybe cuz you binged you're caught up in the early greatness and noticing how it faded like halfway through.

Step back and analyze that final season. The antagonist, the story arcs, etc. It was just poorly written from a plotting standpoint.

They didn't know what to do and kind of ignored things they established and whipped up some warmed up garbage.

I'd say that whole Dexter realized it can't continue like this and just stopped is bull ****. Peep all the other times Dex tried to stop killing. Peep him gaining more responsibilities and not being able to kill as much, peep him finding that balance. Peep him falling in love and even growing a bit as far as a relationship Then see how he just abandons his family and goes off to be a lumberjack like that solves any of his problems or addresses any of his issues.

**** was just odd.

dex just casually strolling dead deb out in her stretcher in the middle of a hurricane.
laugh.gif

****, now i'm mad again.
mad.gif
Of course the show has it's egregious hiccups, and this is certainly one of them. I was sitting there watching that like, "Ummmm, he's just... nobody... gonna... ask... just straight to the boat, huh? Alright, man."

laugh.gif

And the way they completely overlooked Laguerta's murder, just ending one season with that and I'm thinking the nerxt season is going to start with isssshhh going DOOOOWN. But, nah. Season just starts with Deb all cracked out and Batista the new Lieutenant, like one of the few staples of the show who had been in EVERY EPISODE didn't just get offed.

But the ending, man, I can step back and analyze something. Dex just got to a point where he realized that he wanted more for his son, and wanted people close to him to stop dying.

Realistically, if it were S8 and we DIDN'T know it was the final season but we could see that Dex is realizing that the best thing for anyone in his life is for him to not be in their life, that would be the end of the show. Like I would watch the show and think, "Welp, this is definitely coming to a close."

Last edited:

What am I not picking up on that makes it so blatantly obvious that the writers knew that had screwed up?
Maybe cuz you binged you're caught up in the early greatness and noticing how it faded like halfway through.

Step back and analyze that final season. The antagonist, the story arcs, etc. It was just poorly written from a plotting standpoint.

They didn't know what to do and kind of ignored things they established and whipped up some warmed up garbage.

I'd say that whole Dexter realized it can't continue like this and just stopped is bull ****. Peep all the other times Dex tried to stop killing. Peep him gaining more responsibilities and not being able to kill as much, peep him finding that balance. Peep him falling in love and even growing a bit as far as a relationship Then see how he just abandons his family and goes off to be a lumberjack like that solves any of his problems or addresses any of his issues.

**** was just odd.
Well one, we don't know that he stopped killing. We just know that he exited the lives of the 2 people most important to him.

Of course we won't ever know, but I don't think he has stopped killing. You're right, he has stopped before... but continues. And I think even HE realizes: "I can't stop, so I gotta go."

Well one, we don't know that he stopped killing.
Well boom, right there. That's something that needs to be addressed in your series finale if it wasn't already.

This whole journey of Dexter's with his dark passenger and his struggle should have a conclusion.

Instead we get a depressed unsatisfied looking Dexter sitting down in his cabin.

We just know that he exited the lives of the 2 people most important to him.

Of course we won't ever know
I think that is a problem among other things.
And I think even HE realizes: "I can't stop, so I gotta go."
But he knows he can do both and has done it.

That determination flies in the face of past seasons.

Eff a Rotten Tomatoes or whoever else was looking for something different but didn't get it so they said that was garbage. Ultimately, that's exactly how it had to be, him realizing... it can't continue like this. And at that point, that's the end of the show.
Eff your horrible taste my man. :lol:

Last edited:
Eff your horrible taste my man. :lol:

You not about to keep coming at my mans like this b. Run this fade

Last edited:
Im planning to watch lost again soon. Who's trying to relive it with me

This could be interesting. I binge watched Seasons 1-5 then live watched Season 6. I think it could be good to re-watch and relive the experience

I'm telling you bro. Its a completely different dynamic when you watch stuff once. Then watch it again later in life as youve aged more and had more experiences. I'm excited to start it again. We need to get a group together to watch then talk about it from our current point of views. Gonna be extra lit this go round.

Is this going down or nah? I saw the LOST thread got bumped but I had no clue where it left off so I didn't try to hop back in :lol:

Back
Top Bottom