Official District 9 Movie Post

Awesome movie, havent watched a movie in months and i would highly recommend this.
There were a few slow parts, but story was smooth.

Only the ending caught me, but its suitable for a District 10.

Originally Posted by 0onetwo

Watched it last night. Absolutely brilliant. I didnt think there were any slow parts, and if there were they were necessary to explain what is going on.
Didnt really like the ending though. I was hoping it would be more open ended, but i suppose Wikus made a full transformation to Shrimp and is living in District 10.

LMAO when he threw the pig at dude. Death by swine.

laugh.gif
@ the Pig

I believe he did transform into one. They never said they found him and the wifey had the lil paper flower he was making in the end. I hope it's a sequel.

Can't make spoilers on my phone but

Only Christopher and his son went home and he needs 3 years to fix dude. There were millions left behind.

Good movie. I now appreciate the slow parts. Everything can't be action all the time. We have to understand what's going on. Good movie. Seeing itagain

Originally Posted by kimchee2go

i need to see this.
You wont regret it...its just something new and refreshing unlike the average Hollywood releases.
It was put together perfectly.

caught a midnight show last night and all i can say is
eek.gif
this movie will blow you away, man i wasnt expecting robots fights, alien weaponry being testedout, soldiers being blasted by alien guns
laugh.gif
its hilarious, fake live footage and news clippings. assaults on government facilitie by an alien and a humenthis movie was sweet
main actor who
Spoiler [+]
turns into a alien
was a coo dude he had me cracking up, and it looks like theres a sequel coming. go watch it
pimp.gif

this movie was awesome. easily the best movie of the summer, possibly one of the best of this year so far. I don't even think it needs a sequel. I'mnot an emotional person by any stretch, but some of those scenes had me mad empathetic.

The dude Wikus was mad funny in the beginning, then got real sad and desperate, then got on some hardcore steez, then got sad all over again. I liked itthough. I was rooting for the alien and his son the whole time.

Is it just me or did that goat symbol MNU have on all the uniforms and decals look alot like the satanic symbol?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

this movie was awesome. easily the best movie of the summer, possibly one of the best of this year so far. I don't even think it needs a sequel. I'm not an emotional person by any stretch, but some of those scenes had me mad empathetic.

true a sequel most likely will come but iono if they can top this. The emo scenes were done nice it all just fit together, iono bout dudes talking about theacting was terrible, i think the movie started off a little cheesy maybe the first 5 minutes but then it just starts to flow, you remember when you watchmovies and you wait for the good parts to happen, in district 9 the whole movies is the good parts feel me

After watching this movie, I'm stocking up on cat food. Those Nigerian thugs were all a bunch of Mr. Ekos.

An alien in the slums of Africa named... Christopher Johnson? Really? For some reason, I left the theatre feelings like those aliens were meant to be blackpeople. Overall a good movie, maybe i'm a bit Carl Thomas, but I felt too many subliminal messages in that movie.

I was bored at the beginning, but the ending had me more interested. I loved the preview of Jennifer's Body, Megan Fox OMGG

like many have said i thought the movie started slow with all the interviews about District 9 and the aliens but once Wikus got infected movie was
pimp.gif
especially the actions scenes: breaking into MNU and in District 9

So i heard the aliens are supposed to be a metaphor for refugees in Africa keeping them in a certain place isolated from the public and wont let them go, isthat true?

Movie was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YES the movie is an allegory for apartheid. Go to history class or read wiki for more info
eyes.gif

The title "District 9" evokes Cape Town's historic District 6, where Cape Coloureds (as they were called then) owned homes and businesses for many years before being bulldozed out and relocated. The hero's name, van der Merwe, is not only a common name for Afrikaners, the white South Africans of Dutch descent, but also the name of the protagonist of van der Merwe jokes, of which the point is that the hero is stupid. Nor would it escape a South African ear that the alien language incorporates clicking sounds, just as Bantu, the language of a large group of African apartheid targets.

Microsoft and the studios are kicking themselves right now for not letting Neil do the Halo movie. I was very impressed.

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

So i heard the aliens are supposed to be a metaphor for refugees in Africa keeping them in a certain place isolated from the public and wont let them go, is that true?

Could be...that's very plausible.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Genuinly alien film.

I watched it today. I would nit pay to watch it again. The acting was so hard to believe in. I couldn't lower guard with this movie.

In the not-todistant-future, there are alien-filled slums with their mother ship just parked on top of them. There is this Theme oppresion and hope, but it's weird because the aliens look like bugs (of course) and don't speak English and are pretty strong and have POWERFUL weapons, but cannot get themselves to their mother ship. Hm...

The protagonist was overly emotional and unable to stick to a decision. He's a spazz. I will say I started to care about his alien buddy, but only kind of. I mean he gets pistol whipped by the potag, but then forgives him. Well...

To be fair, the final act was interesting, if only because the weapons had that look them of a videogame. Very Halo-like...

In the end, it is a diffeent movie. It's not as "smart" as so
e have said it is. It's an alien flick with a seldo
-seen creative spin. Rent it.
I have to say that some parts of this movie probably flew STRAIGHT over your head.

The ship couldn't move because the command module was down. The aliens did have DOPE weapons, but were so stupid that when they did use them, they usedthem to rob banks and derail trains etc etc.

Really take the time to think about this. There are a million, diseased aliens aboard a large ship. Obviously something happened at or near home that made themretreat. Therefore, most alien leaders would still be at home sorting out the situation. So you have one or two guys who actually KNOWS what the hell is goingon (The main alien character) and the rest are a bunch of imbeciles. If it was the same situation but the aliens were humans, you think that EVERY human knowshow to fly a rocket ship? How to fix one? No. There are some who are butchers, doctors, parents, but just because your race has developed great technology,doesn't mean EVERYONE knows how to use it.

You say the main character was overly emotional? HE'S TURNING INTO A &%$# ALIEN! So you would just be calm and trying to figure out the situation whileyou have half an alien body and men with guns are trying to find you, while a Nigerian warlord is trying to eat you? Get real, you'd have done the same.

And if you think about this, what's to say that this WOULDN'T happen if aliens landed and were in that situation? You think humans would just let somecrazy intelligent space travelers with extremely strong weaponry do whatever they wanted until they could go home? No. Not at all. In fact, this is based offof Cape Town's District 6.... Look it up.

Overall, it's a stunning movie that will really make you think about what humanity's really capable of. I know as an African American this really hithome, because a lot of this is straight out of Jim Crow. Check it out.

That was 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

The last 30 minutes or so, saved it from being a complete waste of money, but other than that nothing spectacular.

movie was sick very good story and the action scenes werent bad at all...same guys are going to get the approval for the halo movie if district 9 does well inthe box office

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

So i heard the aliens are supposed to be a metaphor for refugees in Africa keeping them in a certain place isolated from the public and wont let them go, is that true?

Yeap. The movie is supposed to portray apartheid in South Africa and represent District 6 in Cape town.

Originally Posted by vprbullet

An alien in the slums of Africa named... Christopher Johnson? Really? For some reason, I left the theatre feelings like those aliens were meant to be black people. Overall a good movie, maybe i'm a bit Carl Thomas, but I felt too many subliminal messages in that movie.

There's no way anyone's this clueless.

Christopher Johnson?

You know when you meet Chinese immigrants named Carol, Richard, or Daniel. Its not their real name its their "american name". I assume that humanspronouncing a prawn would be impossible hence why the prawns or humans gave them english names.

Back
Top Bottom