Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Hardest battle for me in Raging Blast 2. During the arcade mode ladder fight (forgot what it's called). The absolute last fight v Goku. Once he gets to one bar of health, he goes into raging blast mode and would pull off an 100+ hit combo.

I legit would put the controller down and walk away after I couldn't break the combo after 20 hits

Honestly think that Budokai 2 had the worst art style and designs. The fact that no matter what you did the characters couldn't show any signs of battle damage pissed me off to no end as a kid.

Didn't mind the setup for the world map though and how it was like a game board. And Kid Buu in that game is still one of the most difficult bosses i've ever faced.
I always said budokai 1 art style >>budokai 2 and 3 art style. My boys called me crazy, turns out budokai 1s graphics were enhanced on the gamecube version, they had ps2s
Hardest for me was cell in budokai 1, used to rage playing that game. Hardest dbz battle ever was on super sonic warriors 2 for the DS, the last boss is broly with unlimited ki and he didn't flinch. He would spam super moves the entire fight. I raged and i violently shook my old phat DS and the back of the top screen hit my headboard and it broke. Smh

I think what made Kid Buu so difficult for me in Budokai 2 is that the developers really did an excellent job capturing how random and wild his fighting style is. He barely ever spent any time charging up his Ki and would typically just rush you with one attack after the other. Was made even more difficult because unlike him you did need to charge up your Ki to have any kind of hope of winning. And good luck trying to get off a transformation or two.

I do remember that Cell in Budokai 1 was a difficult boss and I don't know that he was ever that difficult again. I think it was....Budokai Tenkaichi or Tenkaichi 2 where the maximum difficulty made him hell to fight though, even as Teen Gohan. Dude legit had me running away from him at points :lol:

amitt5504 amitt5504 Never beat Goku in that fight for that exact reason :smh: That combo was ridiculous.

the only fight that stands out to me at the top of my head was fighting against majin buu, inside buu with goku in budokai 3. i remember it taking me so many times to get past it the first time.

Last edited:

The Hercule Part
sick.gif

Budokai one had the best art style. They didn't look like terribly drawn cartoons.

They just need to look at the Naruto games and take notes. Those games do everything right, the characters, the stages, the story mode, they even resolve the fact that Sasuke is more popular than Naruto and make him much more fun to use.

Just wish they would go deeper with the fighting system. Like can we have a deeper move list?

Keep telling people that overall both Dragon Ball and Z had better animation than Super...And if we're being honest, really honest, GT did as well (Which was like one of the 2-4 good things about the series).

ill take the L on animation as long as they keep the content coming weekly. thats the trade off. one punch man had amazing animation but they only gave us 12 episodes and now im itching to see more but have to wait damn near a year.

Finally the figure that has been giving me the hardest time came in. these things Anywhere from $50-$75 and there's no way in hell that I'd pay that much for one but the more and more figures I got the more I wanted one. Ended scoring one for $24 bucks out of the door from a collector that genuinely wanted to help me round out my collection.
View media item 2047606Had to do a pic like this
View media item 2047607
Here's my entire collection. I have two more figures coming from Japan. Should be in within the next few days.
View media item 2047610

I need those trunks. How much did those go for?

Prices fluctuate for the most part but I got base trunks for $22 back in December and I got super Saiyain trunks as a package with gotenks for $55. Just be careful because this line of figures has so many fakes out there. Essentially I only trust it if it's through Amazon prime (prime specifically) or sellers on eBay located in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom