Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Everytime I see that red scarf I'm gonna think of this meme
View media item 2053224

And Potatro earrings? Maybe Black Goku met a Evil Supreme Kai
Also the chick with trunks is Mai from Pilaf gang
That star on her shoulder
Wonder what's that all about

Didn't they ship Mai and Trunks during the movie battle of God's?
View media item 2053236

I'm to hype I'm sorry

Geekdom101 gonna lose his mind when the video pop up

Last edited:
I'm hearing rumors that this Trunks isn't Future Trunks, as in the guy from the Cell Saga, but a literal future version of Kid Trunks in the present day :nerd: Anyone have more info on this?

Last edited:
I'm hearing rumors that this Trunks isn't Future Trunks, as in the guy from the Cell Saga, but a literal future version of Kid Trunks in the present day :nerd: Anyone have more info on this?

I've heard those rumors but wasn't it already confirmed to be future trunks? I don't remember if it was in an interview or the official first episode synopsis but it said something along the lines of " there was supposed to be peace trunks defeated the androids and cell, but even with how powerful trunks is a new enemy forces him to come back in time for help"

Leads me to believe it's the same trunks. I'll try and find what I read

Now the latest Toriyama-announcement that broke the internet is-
“Next time in Dragon Ball Super adult trunks will make his first appearance in a long time.
Despite being so strong, Trunks barely escape from the future with his life.
The future was supposed to be at peace, so what in the world could have happened?
And what about this foe too strong for even Trunks to handle, Black Goku!? (Well, you can probably imagine what he is like just based on the name )
It’s the start of a battle that surpasses time and space, and drag in the gods of destruction, kaioshins, even the omni-king. Many mysteries will be revealed!
There are some confusing bits with time changing here and there, but just bear with me. It should definitely turn out to be a fun story. Even I haven’t checked the final script yet let’s enjoy this together! “

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3914340

Wow that is adult Mai. And Trunks did want her to be his girlfriend in Battle of the gods. Don't remember how Mai and Pilaf and Shu turned chibi in the first place

...this is getting trippy :wow:

Y'all boys keep thinking DBZ can't be topped though :nerd:

for anyone who had trouble understanding the timeline concept (like i used to in the past) this probably the best illustration of it i have ever seen.

Now the latest Toriyama-announcement that broke the internet is-
“Next time in Dragon Ball Super adult trunks will make his first appearance in a long time.
The future was supposed to be at peace, so what in the world could have happened?
And what about this foe too strong for even Trunks to handle, Black Goku!? (Well, you can probably imagine what he is like just based on the name )
It’s the start of a battle that surpasses time and space, and drag in the gods of destruction, kaioshins, even the omni-king. Many mysteries will be revealed!
There are some confusing bits with time changing here and there, but just bear with me. It should definitely turn out to be a fun story. Even I haven’t checked the final script yet let’s enjoy this together! “

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3914340

See I don't know if it was confirmed to be Future Trunks from Z or not. That's why i'm so curious :nerd: Take the above announcement for example. I'd say that it doesn't really confirm anything one way or the other. Granted, it could be argued with the whole future supposed to be at peace line that it's referring to how Trunks saved his future back in Z. Then again, it could also just be a general comment about how you think the future will always be peaceful. I'd say that Mai's presence with Trunks would play into the relationship teased between them back in BoG.

And the above timeline is a good one. Nice to have, because i'm sick of having to explain why there are more than 2 timelines to people.

See I don't know if it was confirmed to be Future Trunks from Z or not. That's why i'm so curious
nerd.gif
Take the above announcement for example. I'd say that it doesn't really confirm anything one way or the other. Granted, it could be argued with the whole future supposed to be at peace line that it's referring to how Trunks saved his future back in Z. Then again, it could also just be a general comment about how you think the future will always be peaceful. I'd say that Mai's presence with Trunks would play into the relationship teased between them back in BoG.

And the above timeline is a good one. Nice to have, because i'm sick of having to explain why there are more than 2 timelines to people.
well what confirmed it in my head was “Next time in Dragon Ball Super adult trunks will make his first appearance in a long time." That atleast says to me that he appeared before and he is returning, right? 

And yeah its a great one, especially explaining that unseen 4th timeline 

Last edited:
See I don't know if it was confirmed to be Future Trunks from Z or not. That's why i'm so curious :nerd: Take the above announcement for example. I'd say that it doesn't really confirm anything one way or the other. Granted, it could be argued with the whole future supposed to be at peace line that it's referring to how Trunks saved his future back in Z. Then again, it could also just be a general comment about how you think the future will always be peaceful. I'd say that Mai's presence with Trunks would play into the relationship teased between them back in BoG.

well what confirmed it in my head was “Next time in Dragon Ball Super adult trunks will make his first appearance in a long time." That atleast says to me that he appeared before and he is returning, right? 

And yeah its a great one, especially explaining that unseen 4th timeline 

That's true.

I think the 4th timeline is the one that people get confused about more than any of the others. I remember I spent like an hour explaining it to a friend a few months back after he'd watched the Cell Saga for the first time :lol:

I think future trunks is a generic character per se. I don't think it's the same future trunks from the android saga just off of the fact that in that future trunks' time Goku is dead and him coming back in time didn't change his future he just didn't want the same travesty to happen in another time if he could prevent it. Now this "new" future trunks is contending with a Goku. This seems like the present trunks alternate future. I'm assuming the Goku we know now that is a God turns heel in an alternate world and trunks is one of the few left. I feel like Toriyama is going for the idea that in any time continuity, Trunks is meant to be some type of messiah who is the only one to fix things. He's meant to be a lone survivor in a horrible future who has to change things

Kinda like how tapion gave trunks a sword in the end of "Wrath of the Dragon". It's like saying no matter what happens, trunks was always meant to be proficient with a sword...

Last edited:
I think future trunks is a generic character per se. I don't think it's the same future trunks from the android saga just off of the fact that I'm that future trunks' time Goku is dead and him coming back in time didn't change his future he just didn't want the same travesty to happen in another time if he could prevent it. Now this "new" future trunks is contending with a Goku. This seems like the present trunks alternate future. I'm assuming the Goku we know now that is a God turns heel in an alternate world and trunks is one of the few left. I feel like Toriyama is going for the idea that in any time continuity, Trunks is meant to be some type of messiah who is the only one to fix things. He's meant to be a lone survivor in a horrible future who has to change things.
IDK man everything from official sources seems to point to it actually being the Trunks we knew from before.

The future was supposed to be at peace, so what in the world could have happened?"

Its completely possible that black goku is from an alternate timeline himself. if trunks and bulma figured it out its completely possibly the same may have happened in another time line. one thing that i dont think most people know is the fact that simply time traveling causes divergences in all time lines which is the reason why the androids in the main time line were much stronger than the androids in trunks time line and trunks mentions that. All the time related shenanigans that have been happening could easily explain why goku could have ended up turning evil in one time line.

Maybe Black Goku is from Earth 7, would make sense when Vegeta was offered to go their planet. Good way of introducing the Sayians from the other universe

Maybe Black Goku is from Earth 7, would make sense when Vegeta was offered to go their planet. Good way of introducing the Sayians from the other universe
thats not how the multiverse works. goku, vegeta, and all of the z figters and all of the events of dragonball, dragona ball z, gt, and the movies happened on various time lines or sidestories in universe 6. those character's orgins are all tied to universe 6. universe 7 isnt an alternate version of universe 6, just a twin universe.

I think future trunks is a generic character per se. I don't think it's the same future trunks from the android saga just off of the fact that in that future trunks' time Goku is dead and him coming back in time didn't change his future he just didn't want the same travesty to happen in another time if he could prevent it. Now this "new" future trunks is contending with a Goku. This seems like the present trunks alternate future. I'm assuming the Goku we know now that is a God turns heel in an alternate world and trunks is one of the few left. I feel like Toriyama is going for the idea that in any time continuity, Trunks is meant to be some type of messiah who is the only one to fix things. He's meant to be a lone survivor in a horrible future who has to change things

Kinda like how tapion gave trunks a sword in the end of "Wrath of the Dragon". It's like saying no matter what happens, trunks was always meant to be proficient with a sword...

This was my thought. Since Goku didn't die and the androids/cell where defeated, the shows timeline spins off to a future where Goku is evil (erasing GT) and Trunks comes back to warn them.

But for the sake of not having 2 different Future trunks, they'll probably just say its the one from the Android/Cell saga. Avoids issues with toys and video games.

This was my thought. Since Goku didn't die and the androids/cell where defeated, the shows timeline spins off to a future where Goku is evil (erasing GT) and Trunks comes back to warn them.

But for the sake of not having 2 different Future trunks, they'll probably just say its the one from the Android/Cell saga. Avoids issues with toys and video games.
but goku did die in trunks time line. Saving him in the main timeline didnt  change trunks timeline.

but goku did die in trunks time line. Saving him in the main timeline didnt  change trunks timeline.
What does that have to do with what I said? lol.

Also starting to think it's a different trunks

Here's why I think so

Battle of Gods take's place 5 years after Buu

In Battle of Gods You have Pilaf and the gang Young (By some off screen wish)

If it were trunks from the Android Cell SAGA Mai would be very old (In the picture it shows her around teenage)

the Buu saga takes place 7 years after the defeat of Cell

It would have to be a Future present trunks

What does that have to do with what I said? lol.
Goku didn't die and the androids/cell where defeated, the shows timeline spins off to a future where Goku is evil (erasing GT) and Trunks comes back to warn them.

maybe im just not understanding what your saying lol. are you saying that  the goku and trunks not from the time line of the cell games future trunks?

Back
Top Bottom