Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

The same people saying gohans is going to catch an L are the same people that said Trunks was never coming back to super because he could never be relevant strength wise with how strong goku and vegeta have gotten. The simple fact that writers are actually making use of him in the central plot says something good about what we're gonna see from him.

Let the story play out. they've been pulling heavy on the nostalgia strings as of lately.

Go back and read any of my posts during the Hendrix saga. #1 Hendrix fan and long time Gohan slanderer. The two characters have nothing in common as far as character development and importance to the series.

Trunks has always been an important piece in transitioning into a major new point in the series. Gohan has not. Trunks not only played into the introduction of the Androids and Cell, but also the multi timeline theory and introduction of Goku black and the time rings.

What has Gohan done? Beat cell? How long ago was that? Like '89?

Fought Buu and lost in 91? It's 2017 b.

Why do you guys insist he will do anything more than just what he has done? They've written him out of importance. Dude played 0 part in GT and next to nothing in Super

This is Goku's show and Vegeta is his sidekick. Accept it :lol:

He's about as relevant as Buu is. And that's why they brought him along. When things get poppin', Gohan will be on the sidelines.

Go back and read any of my posts during the Hendrix saga. #1 Hendrix fan and long time Gohan slanderer. The two characters have nothing in common as far as character development and importance to the series.

Trunks has always been an important piece in transitioning into a major new point in the series. Gohan has not. Trunks not only played into the introduction of the Androids and Cell, but also the multi timeline theory and introduction of Goku black and the time rings.

What has Gohan done? Beat cell? How long ago was that? Like '89?

Fought Buu and lost in 91? It's 2017 b.

Why do you guys insist he will do anything more than just what he has done? They've written him out of importance. Dude played 0 part in GT and next to nothing in Super

This is Goku's show and Vegeta is his sidekick. Accept it :lol:

He's about as relevant as Buu is. And that's why they brought him along. When things get poppin', Gohan will be on the sidelines.

Nothing you said here has anything to do with whether or not gohan is going to make anything of himself in this next arc. You can only say what you're saying about future trunks POST goku black saga. If future trunks (who was had a significantly smaller part in DBZ) can come back and have a chance to shine written in there's no reason the same can't happen to gohan. Especially since they're making it a point to give him the spotlight.

What spotlight? That filler 3 episodes ago? Him tagging along to the "pre tournament" tournament?

What spotlight are you seeing here? Because all I see is a fake Clark Kent looking scrub tagging along with his daddy because Vegeta said no again.

That must mean Krillin had the spotlight 2 weeks ago when he tagged along with Goku.

And how has trunks had a significantly smaller role in DBZ than Gohan? Before killing cell, Gohan did nothing but follow krillin and bulma around, then fading into a super Saiyan Yamcha post Cell saga.

Just because trunks was on the screen less doesn't mean he played less of a significant role. He was the 2nd super saiyan introduced in the series. The protector of his timeline, and has saved a SSG Goku and Vegeta. Defeated a god.

What did Gohan do, again? Oh yeah. He looked cool in his daddys clothes right before Buu ate him.

Gohan has this "what if" factor that a lot of you love to drown in.

Last edited:
Goku had to take a moment and think about what vegeta meant by son 
roll.gif

Ole boy wants to forget about that mistake soooo badly 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
What spotlight? That filler 3 episodes ago? Him tagging along to the "pre tournament" tournament?

What spotlight are you seeing here? Because all I see is a fake Clark Kent looking scrub tagging along with his daddy because Vegeta said no again.

That must mean Krillin had the spotlight 2 weeks ago when he tagged along with Goku.

And how has trunks had a significantly smaller role in DBZ than Gohan? Before killing cell, Gohan did nothing but follow krillin and bulma around, then fading into a super Saiyan Yamcha post Cell saga.

Just because trunks was on the screen less doesn't mean he played less of a significant role. He was the 2nd super saiyan introduced in the series. The protector of his timeline, and has saved a SSG Goku and Vegeta. Defeated a god.

What did Gohan do, again? Oh yeah. He looked cool in his daddys clothes right before Buu ate him.

the simple fact that gohan is apart of the tournament means he's going to be in the spotlight, just like the rest of the team. Say what you want about supers pacing but having Gohan sit out until now was a choice of toriyamas, just like its a choice to sit out kid trunks and goten. The problem with these discussions is instead of theory crafting what's about To happen you guys like to turn everything into a popularity contest. Why should we expect something different? Because gohan has been written into the sidelines from jump and now he's going to be in a battle that determines the fate of the universe. And his character is actually willing to do it. THATS DIFFERENT. If you think that's just another opportunity for gohan to not do anything that's fine but they could have easily just written him into doing some academic conference like they did the last universe tournament. Gohans here on purpose.

As for the gohan vs future trunks debate I'm not even going to get into that. Like I said, pre black goku future trunks had been non existent and he came back and did some great stuff. Who is to say we won't be thinking the same exact thing after this tournament arc?

Last edited:
Y'all worrying about Gohan like Krillin, Roshi, Tien and them aren't about to get their **** pushed in during the tournament. Y'all better hope Gohan is getting his wins to stay afloat.

We do realize that not everyone in every universe is going to be as strong as goku and vegeta right? There's no reason that other universes don't have tiered powers too

the simple fact that gohan is apart of the tournament means he's going to be in the spotlight, just like the rest of the team. Say what you want about supers pacing but having Gohan sit out until now was a choice of toriyamas, just like its a choice to sit out kid trunks and goten. The problem with these discussions is instead of theory crafting what's about To happen you guys like to turn everything into a popularity contest. Why should we expect something different? Because gohan has been written into the sidelines from jump and now he's going to be in a battle that determines the fate of the universe. And his character is actually willing to do it. THATS DIFFERENT. If you think that's just another opportunity for gohan to not do anything that's fine but they could have easily just written him into doing some academic conference like they did the last universe tournament. Gohans here on purpose.

As for the gohan vs future trunks debate I'm not even going to get into that. Like I said, pre black goku future trunks had been non existent and he came back and did some great stuff. Who is to say we won't be thinking the same exact thing after this tournament arc?

Thats the problem right there. Theory crafting. Thats pretty much everyone who likes Gohan's character favorite thing to do. Creating narratives for how he's going to come in and do work.

There is no popularity contest. The Dragonball food chain has pretty much been set in stone for decades.

Its Goku > Vegeta > (now at this point) Future Trunks > everyone else

Gohan has fallen into that everyone else category. "Popularity" has nothing to do with it. Its about how the show has been written.

You say "pre black goku future trunks had been non existent", well guess what, it happened so it is what it is. Gohan hasn't gotten that treatment yet, and all you're doing until it does is just making stuff up in your head about the character until it does. IF it does..

And this is Dragonball z fam... Gohan has fought for the fate of the universe every single season. Thats the reoccurring theme of the show.. Trunks actually saved the universe on multiple accounts.

I'm telling it how the show tells it. Not some hot takes.

Last edited:
Thats the problem right there. Theory crafting. Thats pretty much everyone who likes Gohan's character favorite thing to do. Creating narratives for how he's going to come in and do work.

There is no popularity contest. The Dragonball food chain has pretty much been set in stone for decades.

Its Goku > Vegeta > (now at this point) Future Trunks > everyone else

Gohan has fallen into that everyone else category. "Popularity" has nothing to do with it. Its about how the show has been written.

You say "pre black goku future trunks had been non existent", well guess what, it happened so it is what it is. Gohan hasn't gotten that treatment yet, and all you're doing until it does is just making stuff up in your head about the character until it does. IF it does..

And this is Dragonball z fam... Gohan has fought for the fate of the universe every single season. Thats the reoccurring theme of the show.. Trunks actually saved the universe on multiple accounts.

I'm telling it how the show tells it. Not some hot takes.

All I've said is that this is gohans time to shine. I never painted any picture of him being the team MVP or anything. What I am saying is that he hasn't been given an opportunity like this before and the potential for him to show up and show out is there. If they can make use of future trunks they can sure as hell make use of gohan too. You're the one making the all the assumptions and assertions that he's automatically going to take the L before the tournament even gets underway, isn't that theory crafting itself?

Again as for the future trunks gohan debate, not having it because anything either one of us says is opinion. You can argue about the black goku arc if you want but I won't take that argument until after I see what toriyama has in store for gohan this arc.

Last edited:
i think Gohar is going to surprise us. Especially with his family on the line. If anyone is going to lose its buu because he's got no motivation to win aside from Mr.Satan telling him too. Also buu is arguably the weakest of the 3 of them. Even with gohans fall from grace.

If anything though I think we're going to see a universe 7 sweep.

Man what? That's nowhere near true. Buu is just strong for no damn reason. No need to train. Gohan can't even maintain SSJ. Gohan is CLEARLY the weakest link in the group.

Last edited:
Man what? That's nowhere near true. Buu is just strong for no damn reason. No need to train. Gohan can't even maintain SSJ. Gohan is CLEARLY the weakest link in the group.

How are you gauging buus strength though? Fat buu=\= kid buu. He doesn't train as far as we know so how would he have gotten stronger? we saw how strong he was in the buu saga what's there to make us think he's any better than he was back then? While we know at the very least super Saiyan gohan in his current form is stronger than Tagoma who trained with And survived Frieza reaching his golden form. Gohans def weaker than his mystic form but weaker than fat buu was in the buu saga is a big statement.

Last edited:
Supreme Kai and SSJ2 Gohan fought Fat Buu and were beaten, badly. Gohan can't even maintain ssj form anymore. And if we go with the idea that Buu's strength doesn't diminish, then we can assume he's stronger than a ssj2 Gohan. So he's currently stronger than Gohan.

How are you gauging buus strength though? Fat buu=\= kid buu. He doesn't train as far as we know so how would he have gotten stronger? we saw how strong he was in the buu saga what's there to make us think he's any better than he was back then? While we know at the very least super Saiyan gohan in his current form is stronger than Tagoma who trained with And survived Frieza reaching his golden form. Gohans def weaker than his mystic form but weaker than fat buu was in the buu saga is a big statement.
All jokes aside and getting serious about Gohan.

He is without a doubt gonna get stronger this arc. Will he surpass Goku or Vegeta, maybe but probably not, He will put in some work at this tourney before he loses though. I do believe he will lose in the exhibition only because it can be used to re-awaken Gohan's fighting spirit for the tourney that matters. As far as his strength vs fat Buu. I don't think Gohan could beat him in a fight. Not only because of the strength he lost, but his fighting sense is probably lower too. After not fighting for so long.
Supreme Kai and SSJ2 Gohan fought Fat Buu and were beaten, badly. Gohan can't even maintain ssj form anymore. And if we go with the idea that Buu's strength doesn't diminish, then we can assume he's stronger than a ssj2 Gohan. So he's currently stronger than Gohan.
I thought that was a frieza arc thing. Did he have issues with SSJ when he fought that actor jabronie?

SS3 Goku could've defeated Fat Buu. He said it himself to Vegeta.

Fat Buu is stronger than Gohan.

Therefore, Trunks was able to be in par with SS3 Goku, Trunks can defeat Fat Buu.

Gohan is lesser to Trunks and lesser to Buu

SS3 Goku could've defeated Fat Buu. He said it himself to Vegeta.

Fat Buu is stronger than Gohan.

Therefore, Trunks was able to be in par with SS3 Goku, Trunks can defeat Fat Buu.

Gohan is lesser to Trunks and lesser to Buu
Is Fat Buu still as strong after he split?

Also if were talking Trunks pre new transformation, SSJ3 Goku beat him with one hit when they sparred. 

No clue how strong he is now. 

Last edited:

All of that assumes gohans base is the same now than it was back then. We know that gohan is weaker than his mystic form (strongest non fused character in DBZ) but no where does it state where's he's at now. Just that he's out of practice. To say that gohan is weaker than fat buu is also to say that Frieza became stronger, if not just as strong as ssb goku, by training with someone who is significantly weaker than pre mystic gohan. Explain how Tagoma could have even stood up to one punch from an increasingly stronger Frieza if he was that weak?

Back
Top Bottom