Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Beerus low key the funniest character on Super. His reactions get me every time.

Anyone who is even arguing about it being a possibility that Black and Future Trunks weren't stronger than Fat Buu is just being ignorant to be honest.

Yeah. Goku went from being washed by one finger vs. Beerus in SSJ 3 and that other episode where he sparred with Monaka (Beerus) in base form (noted Beerus could definitely have been just going easy)

But I don't think there's much debate to say that Black and Trunks aren't stronger than Buu.

How do yall feel about there only being 28 planets left in all of Universe 7?

Frieza was destroying everything in his way... but Kid Buu after he destroyed earth
destroyed a galaxy and kept going

SSG Goku (red hair) VS Beerus battle almost wiped out the entire universe
the shockwave were destroying mad planets

No wonder their Mortal Ranking is damn near the worst smh

Honestly the whole mortal ranking concept is a huge plot hole. You have a god of destruction that can just wipe **** out on a whim who is looked after by an angel that's even stronger. And then you have the kais that damn near every z fighter can defeat or go toe to toe with. Then you throw in the villains, the **** is ridiculously skewed. Universe 7 never had a chance to be great.

Last edited:
DBS ep.85: "The Universes Get Into Gear: Each One's Thoughts"
April 9th

Before the tournament begins, the "gods" sound each other out?!

The Kaioshins of each universe gather before the Tournament of Power!
Although some suggest requesting the Omni-King to reconsider, opinions differ and they are unable to form a plan... Meanwhile, all the Gods of Destruction besides Beerus gather too, and hatch a scheme targeting Goku's home, Universe 7?!

Take down Goku?! The Kaioshins and Gods of Destruction for each universe gather!!

Gohan goes to recruit Piccolo!
Gohan visits his martial arts master Piccolo to ask him to enter the Tournament of Power!

Buu This Week: sparring with Goku?!
Buu can't wait for the main event! His body has really shaped up as a result of his special training. He battles Goku in order to test out his current power, but?!
More preview ish

That music playing while Krillin and Goku are ontop of the Roof

Plus the animation for the fight scenes

Best part of the episode

Yeah, that scene was sharp and immediately washed away my annoyance at them dragging the time spent recruiting just these two out (even though that all apparently took less than an hour according to the narrator :lol:)

I saw y'all mentioning some skinny Buu **** a couple of days back and avoided reading anything, but now I see what you mean and I'm interested in what the story is there.

My only gripe about this weeks episode is with the fight between Krillin and Goku. Even though Satan gave them permission, why are they fighting on top of a skyscraper, in the middle of a populated city? don't they realize that one wrong move can kill countless innocent people? :lol:

maybe Universe 7 deserves to get wiped. We have a bunch of villans here that don't realize that they're villains. :lol:

Animation was top notch this episode 
pimp.gif

I think it was only 28 planets with life left on them. Not 28 total. I'll doublecheck though.

Yeah exactly, with life.

———————————————

Next episode looks dope, with all the other universes' Gods gathering together.

We see Universe 11's Beerus&Champa-race Pride Trooper Warrior in action.

If the quality of the fights are at this level for unimportant episodes like this week's,
then I can't wait to see how crazy the fights are going to look like in the tournament

I wasn't going to watch any of the filler stuff and wait until the actual tournament starts but it seems like I should be keeping up.

Decided to revisit the franchise and watch it from the very beginning. I used to watch Z all the time on Toonami, but I don't think I ever watched in chronological order. :lol:

Currently on ep18 of Dragon Ball, my gawd Goku was so damn naïve. :rofl:

My only gripe about this weeks episode is with the fight between Krillin and Goku. Even though Satan gave them permission, why are they fighting on top of a skyscraper, in the middle of a populated city? don't they realize that one wrong move can kill countless innocent people? :lol:

maybe Universe 7 deserves to get wiped. We have a bunch of villans here that don't realize that they're villains. :lol:

Had me scratching my head too. Like, how was this a better place to spar than the damn mountains in the middle of nowhere they just came from? :lol:

I wasn't going to watch any of the filler stuff and wait until the actual tournament starts but it seems like I should be keeping up.

It isn't really "filler", because there's a bit of story progression in each episode; there just isn't any meaningful fighting happening.

That said, if you don't care to watch weekly; I doubt you'd miss any plot that really matters between now and the start of the actual tournament.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom