Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

tiens shining moment in DBZ wasnt even canon 
roll.gif

His best run was in dragonball

He's only good because chiaotzu carried his sorry behind though the whole z series
I feel like he's going to be more prepared for this tourney than Krillin, that's for sure. After all, he is constantly training his body and mind all the time, plus he might have some new tricks up his sleeve.

its not necessarily struggling under pressure, its coming to terms with the magnitude of how outmatched they are, krillin and 18 both did that when fighting goku. goku, gohan, and vegeta, either as a saiyan train or by choice of the writers, frequently push past their limits, especially when their lives are on the line because deep down they know they have the ability to do so. a large portion of the team dont have that ability and havent been written into those positions nearly as many times as vegeta, goku and gohan have. Now take the fact that goku would not only have to tell them that theyre up against people potentially as strong or stronger than he is and add on top of that that if they lose their entire universe is destroyed and its only up to them to prevent that. That's going to put a whole bunch of doubt in the minds of everyone that isnt a saiyan of buu. which could absolutely impact their performance. its more than just fighting under pressure.
Has that been really that different than they're past situations. The saiyans, freiza, andriods, cell, buu have all threatened their world and they have faced them all and each of them stronger than Goku at the time (except for fat buu but you know what I mean). What your saying makes sense, but when I look at the series as a whole, I don't really get it, but oh well 
eyes.gif
. They didn't even tell Vegeta.....If Whis wasn't there, Vegeta might not have fought... 

I think it actually puts the Z fighters at a disadvantage. They're gonna show up to fight stronger enemies that are fighting for survival.

Has that been really that different than they're past situations. The saiyans, freiza, andriods, cell, buu have all threatened their world and they have faced them all and each of them stronger than Goku at the time (except for fat buu but you know what I mean). What your saying makes sense, but when I look at the series as a whole, I don't really get it, but oh well 
eyes.gif
. They didn't even tell Vegeta.....If Whis wasn't there, Vegeta might not have fought... 

I think it actually puts the Z fighters at a disadvantage. They're gonna show up to fight stronger enemies that are fighting for survival.
when you think about it though the whole series has always been "hold off the enemy until goku arrives". In this particular scenario theyre all taking the roll of "goku". Theyre all defending the universe now, not just biding time for gokus inevitable arrival.

whether it puts them at a disadvantage or not is another discussion, im just trying to get behind the mindset of not telling them

What's wrong with Tien?

His best run was in dragonball

He's only good because chiaotzu carried his sorry behind though the whole z series

To be fair, everyone who isn't a Saiyan was at his best in Dragon Ball. Piccolo's the only real exception and even then when's the last time he was going head to head against Goku in a fight like he was during the conclusion of the original series?

Goku and No.17 have their first meeting! What will be the result of this scouting attempt?!

Goku visits No.17 in order to recruit him as a team member for the "Tournament of Power"! No.17's been living as an animal reserve ranger, and his answer is...?!

Goku This Week:  how will he face this android?! As Goku and No.17 talk about old times, they end up fighting a match together! How will Goku fight against the now more powerful No.17?!
This weeks episode preview

Next episodes are gonna be dope... Buu VS Goku... Gods of Destruction plotting to attack Universe 7... Universe 11 Warriors Training/scouting... Goku Vs 17... Goku & 17 tag team battle ... Piccolo training Gohan... Tien opening his own Dojo... New mysterious ship lands on Earth...  new mysterious female appears at Tien's dojo

Last edited:
This episode had a few good highlights
* Fit Buu vs Goku
*Pride Troopers (That was great)
*Piccolo saying he'll retrain Gohans soft body
*Cabba cameo and that foreshadowing

Seeing fit Buu made me happy, but I have a feeling that after his nap he's gonna eat and get fat again. :lol:
The most surprising thing for me was seeing Satan helping Buu train by hurling those large rocks at him. I guess he's not a total joke if he can lift and hurl those at his age. :lol:

The next episode is gonna be a treat though. :pimp:

Edit:
I was also thinking, are we sure that pride trooper is from the same race as Beerus? I ask that because to me that guy felt more like a rabbit, while Beerus feels more like a cat.

Also, I'm glad that Mr. Popo is his original color in Super. It feels right. :lol:

Last edited:
Pride troopers are so damn annoying. Positive Ginyu Force.

Anyone think Universe 11 Kai will end up being the villain in this arc, ala Zamasau.
I was also surprised Gowasau didn't come to Goku's defense since he knows him personally. Hopefully, Goku's universe 10 connection will come out later.

I thought the Androids power levels were capped...interesting. I haven't watched Super since the anti-climate end to Zamasu.

I'll probably hop in once the tournament starts.

I thought the Androids power levels were capped...interesting. I haven't watched Super since the anti-climate end to Zamasu.

I'll probably hop in once the tournament starts.

Well remember that the androids 17 and 18 are still human. So they should still have the ability to train and grow their ki like any other human

I really cant wait to see how this ends up being a Goku vs Jiren one on one fight in the end.

Well remember that the androids 17 and 18 are still human. So they should still have the ability to train and grow their ki like any other human

Yeah for some reason there was a misconception that 17/18 couldn't get stronger. That would more be the case for 16/19/20 since they're completely mechanical

Toriyama stated (when he revealed their real names) that since they're simply "enhanced", they can train and get stronger

I agree with this but there was nothing in the original manga to suggest that they had ki. In fact, they actually have unlimited energy lol

Back
Top Bottom