Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Nothing is worse than Trunks and Goten going SSJ. At least all these other people are warriors and have real combat training. Trunks and Goten were legit doing nothing of the sort and in the worlds of Vegeta, turned it into a child's play thing.

Nothing is worse than Trunks and Goten going SSJ. At least all these other people are warriors and have real combat training. Trunks and Goten were legit doing nothing of the sort and in the worlds of Vegeta, turned it into a child's play thing.
Wait til Pan and Bulla go SSJ when they timeskip to after the tournament where Goku meets up with Uub

From my understanding, the higher your parents ki, the higher ki you're born with,

and,

if your parents are SSJ, then you'll achieve SSJ early.

Wait til Pan and Bulla go SSJ when they timeskip to after the tournament where Goku meets up with Uub

From my understanding, the higher your parents ki, the higher ki you're born with,

and,

if your parents are SSJ, then you'll achieve SSJ early.
Damn

Pan destined to be trash.

Life not fair man

They gassing shawty to be SSJ2 in the next episode by the amount of spike to her hair from her last SSJ transformation

LEGEND IN THE MAKING

Already at SSJ 2 she GIFTED!

SHE SMART

SHE SAVAGE

SHE BAE!!!!

Might be a poor animation flaw, I don't see any lightning effects
Give me the next game already

dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 4

Last edited:
Frost gonna wash Caulifla or Cabba but I got luh baby Kale winning the whole tournament

Last edited:
I don't think anyone really has an issue with the U6 saiyans going SSJ relatively easily, the fact that they dont have tails and didnt have the oozaru transformation as a crutch to lean on, it would stand to reason that they would be much more battle tested, and stronger, in their base forms at this point in time relative to the U7 saiyans.

Having said that...

This nonsense about focusing your ki to a spot on your back is just silly. I would much rather have had Cabba have successfully pissed off Caulifla, then tell her to use her anger to transform.

This nonsense about focusing your ki to a spot on your back is just silly. I would much rather have had Cabba have successfully pissed off Caulifla, then tell her to use her anger to transform.

I read an explanation on Reddit that made a lot of sense in regard to this. Essentially it said that the anger and emotion is just a catalyst to the "focusing of the ki in the back". So the transformation isn't tethered to the emotion, but it tethered to the reaction those emotions bring. If you can forgo the anger part and forcefully cause the reaction itself then in theory you can transform. For all of DBZ we always knew how the person transforming was supposed to feel but until the last episode we've never had a description of how it actually felt in terms of what's going on in their body.

That's a pretty decent and fair explanation to me. But I'm also a dragon ball super apologist *shrug*

That's essentially what they did, simplify it to a sensation you have to control. He first tried to make her angry so they acknowledged the anger and rage explanation that we've always known

I read an explanation on Reddit that made a lot of sense in regard to this. Essentially it said that the anger and emotion is just a catalyst to the "focusing of the ki in the back". So the transformation isn't tethered to the emotion, but it tethered to the reaction those emotions bring. If you can forgo the anger part and forcefully cause the reaction itself then in theory you can transform. For all of DBZ we always knew how the person transforming was supposed to feel but until the last episode we've never had a description of how it actually felt in terms of what's going on in their body.

That's a pretty decent and fair explanation to me. But I'm also a dragon ball super apologist *shrug*
Still doesn't make sense to me. A tingly feeling in your back is a reaction to anger? 

Last edited:

Still doesn't make sense to me. A tingly feeling in your back is a reaction to anger? 
i guess for some people
some people feel hotness around there ears
:lol: @ everyone tryna make sense of a cartoon

Fair enough I suppose...

But then we have to accept that it wasn't being subordinated by Kakarot that pushed Vegeta over the edge.

It wasn't seeing his best friend ruthlessly murdered by frieza that pushed Kakarot over the edge.

It wasn't future Gohan dying after being ganged up on by the androids that pushed future Trunks over.

In all of these moments, they just so happened to focus their energy to a spot on their back. :rolleyes

What are we now to make of Gohan's power being tied to his emotion since the beginning of Z? When he gets angry, his ki flows to a spot on his back?

I know there are many things in DB we shouldn't try to rationalize, but now, all of those legendary moments have been reduced to "tingly feeling in your back".

shrug.

Wish cabba just beat califa up.
THIS.

He should've transformed, and whooped up on her while he ran his mouth. :smokin

Fair enough I suppose...

But then we have to accept that it wasn't being subordinated by Kakarot that pushed Vegeta over the edge.

It wasn't seeing his best friend ruthlessly murdered by frieza that pushed Kakarot over the edge.

It wasn't future Gohan dying after being ganged up on by the androids that pushed future Trunks over.

In all of these moments, they just so happened to focus their energy to a spot on their back. :rolleyes

What are we now to make of Gohan's power being tied to his emotion since the beginning of Z? When he gets angry, his ki flows to a spot on his back?

I know there are many things in DB we shouldn't try to rationalize, but now, all of those legendary moments have been reduced to "tingly feeling in your back".

shrug.
THIS.

Maybe my summary of the theory wasn't clear. Let's say for the sake of example going super Saiyan is caused by raised blood pressure. And that getting angry/upset/emotional raises your blood pressure. So that must mean getting angry allows you to transform so the association with anger and the transformation was made. But Cabba figured that if you can raise your blood pressure on your own free will, you can skip the getting angry part. Now replace raising your blood pressure with focusing your ki. What if a result of intense anger/emotion results in ki being focused in the center of your back? Make sense? Doesn't invalidate gokus transformation or gohans and vegeta's either.

Last edited:

Fair enough I suppose...

shrug.
THIS.

Maybe my summary of the theory wasn't clear. Let's say for the sake of example going super Saiyan is caused by raised blood pressure. And that getting angry/upset/emotional raises your blood pressure. So that must mean getting angry allows you to transform so the association with anger and the transformation was made. But Cabba figured that if you can raise your blood pressure on your own free will, you can skip the getting angry part. Now replace raising your blood pressure with focusing your ki. What if a result of intense anger/emotion results in ki being focused in the center of your back? Make sense? Doesn't invalidate gokus transformation or gohans and vegeta's either.
mccain_eyebrows.gif

Back
Top Bottom