Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Re-watching the Goku Black arc. It would’ve been dope if instead of Trunks deciding to live in a future with another Trunks, that he decides to stay in the main timeline with everyone.

I always wished someone would help him locate the new Namek so he could wish everyone back in his timeline. Bulma can whip up a time machine but can’t build a spaceship to find Namek?
A lot of unsaid unknown things about that timeline.

After the Z fighters all died you'd think the first thing Bulma would've done is build another spaceship to go to New Namek. King Kai could've gave them exact coordinates.

Another thing, why did Gohan not take Trunks to the hyperbolic time chamber to train?

Between wishing everyone back, recruiting Dende, and having an extra 2 years in 2 days to train them androids and Cell would've got worked all the same.

So I'm left to think something like Lord Slug found New Namek, made a wish and killed everybody or Cooler found new Namek, made a wish and killed everybody :lol: Also Korin and Mr. Popo must've been killed by the androids. Aint nobody in that tower or Lookout. Just Yajirobe.

Either way I still want my spinoff Future Trunks series. He and his counterpart basically the only protection for earth. What he gonna do when Beerus in his timeline comes looking for the Super Saiyan god? Etc.

Super is just very badly written as a whole

It’s best not to think about it too much :lol:
Its really a problem going back to Z. The last adventure they were on was going to Namek, wishing friends back and taking on Frieza. You'd think their plan would be repeat that to beat the androids.

No time travel needed.

isnt bulma dead in his timeline?
The timeline Whis sent him to? Nah she's alive cuz thats a timeline before Goku Black.

Last edited:
isnt bulma dead in his timeline?

nope. You forget Whis was going back in time to stop Zamasu’s actions from ever taking place and since that timeline was destroyed by Xeno, Trunks and his girl were going back to a timeline where they already exist. There would be two of them and they told Whis they were ok with that. That’s why Bulma was like “when you get back tell older me how smart I am” or whatever.

A lot of unsaid unknown things about that timeline.

After the Z fighters all died you'd think the first thing Bulma would've done is build another spaceship to go to New Namek. King Kai could've gave them exact coordinates.

Another thing, why did Gohan not take Trunks to the hyperbolic time chamber to train?

About this.....did Gohan even ever go to Kamis lookout prior to androids? Iirc, the first time he went was when he went to train with Goku. That could be something he never knew about

Super is just very badly written as a whole

It’s best not to think about it too much :lol:

that’s not just a Super thing tho. Older Bulma built the time machine in Z and still didn’t think to just build a spaceship to find new Namek.

I just feel it would be a great ending for future Trunks to be able to get Gohan back along with everyone else.

About this.....did Gohan even ever go to Kamis lookout prior to androids? Iirc, the first time he went was when he went to train with Goku. That could be something he never knew about
Yes but the option is on the table given you got Korin and Mr. Popo around who know about it.

I mean Piccolo dies. Mr. Popo sees Kami just disappear in front of him. Thats a red alarm to get the rest of Z fighters to at least rally. Instead of them all dying in vain.

nope. Only Goku knew of it from previously trying in there as a kid.

Yes but the option is on the table given you got Korin and Mr. Popo around who know about it.

I mean Piccolo dies. Mr. Popo sees Kami just disappear in front of him. Thats a red alarm to get the rest of Z fighters to at least rally. Instead of them all dying in vain.
I feel you on that. We’re aware that korin died as Gohan did say in HoT there was no more sensus. What we don’t know is where was or not PoPo was still alive then.

that’s not just a Super thing tho. Older Bulma built the time machine in Z and still didn’t think to just build a spaceship to find new Namek.

I just feel it would be a great ending for future Trunks to be able to get Gohan back along with everyone else.
It would've worked then but if we going by the time the Goku Black stuff is done all those guys had to have moved on and turned in to spirits. Like I'm sure for a year they was all chilling on King Kai's small *** planet hoping against hope but Trunks grew up and spent 15 years with Gohan or however long going through that.

Plus its a happy ending for Trunks but **** Trunks is like 100× stronger than all of them now. He don't need them :lol:

nope. You forget Whis was going back in time to stop Zamasu’s actions from ever taking place and since that timeline was destroyed by Xeno, Trunks and his girl were going back to a timeline where they already exist. There would be two of them and they told Whis they were ok with that. That’s why Bulma was like “when you get back tell older me how smart I am” or whatever.
Exactly

The Bulma in the timeline he ended up in aint his

Whis essentially created another timeline for them where everything was cool but the Bulma in that timeline doesn’t share any direct connections or memories with that version of Trunks and Mai

Last edited:
The Bulma in the timeline he got sent to aint his though
Its his same mom up until the Goku Black arc. She has all the same memories up to that point. So she just doesn't have another gang of tragic memories where someone who looks like her friend killed everybody on the planet.

Its the same thing with all of the last survivors that Zamasu killed when he merged with the universe and all that was left was Mai and Trunks. He was totally fine with going to another timeline where those survivors were alive.

Also Whis merely offered to inform that timeline's Beerus so he could kill Zamasu before everything went down. I imagine if you take them out of scenario, Trunks would've asked Bulma to build another time machine and he would've traveled to another timeline before those events and try to kill Zamasu on his own.

The events that go down in the manga and the solution for future Trunks and Mai aren't that different.

The only real issue is how much time has passed which I haven't bothered to look up.

Even though that dark android future and Goku Black decimating the world is similar I don't think it was anywhere as long. Trunks grew up in that Android future so it was well over a decade.

So that future Trunks (and Mai) is a few years older than the other future Trunks (and Mai) of that timeline.

I disagree but it is what it is

Not about to get into a rules of time travel discussion :lol:

it’s no argument. trust me, we’ve gone back and fourth about time travel in threads since Endgame drooped. Dragon Ball has done the best in depicting time travel and it’s the basis for what Endgame used.

if my mom died and I went back in time a year, she would still be my mom. Yes, there was a timeline where she died at the hands of black, but unlike the other timelines made, that timeline has been completely wiped out. it’s not a case where future Trunks is coming back and seeing a young Bulma. He’s literally just going back before Black arrived, sparing his mom’s (and countless others) death. There’s no other variation of that reality left. It’s done. That’s the same mom he’s always had, it’s just that she’s alive.

it’s no argument. trust me, we’ve gone back and fourth about time travel in threads since Endgame drooped. Dragon Ball has done the best in depicting time travel and it’s the basis for what Endgame used.

if my mom died and I went back in time a year, she would still be my mom. Yes, there was a timeline where she died at the hands of black, but unlike the other timelines made, that timeline has been completely wiped out. it’s not a case where future Trunks is coming back and seeing a young Bulma. He’s literally just going back before Black arrived, sparing his mom’s (and countless others) death. There’s no other variation of that reality left. It’s done. That’s the same mom he’s always had, it’s just that she’s alive.
3151B1FF-5A25-46CA-8F2F-5273AE2047E5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom