Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

That last chapter was something...I don’t know what to make of it yet, but I have a feeling that Super is either coming to an end or they’re going to milk more of the same. One can only wonder where they go from here.

man i said what i had to say about this **** *** manga last month. Nothing's changed on my opinion.

This frame spoke to me though

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 12.27.05 PM.png

I did like how the ending of this basically turned in to the end of so many arcs of Goku summoning spirit ball energy from allies and around the world to win only for it fail and then bring back Uub :pimp:

Hints like what? Don't condone this.
Vegeta throwing a fake spirit bomb or Uub that we already know exists?
I was talking about during the tournament of power when it was mentioned Zeno destroyed 6 universes in the past. That's 6 universes of strong characters you can use for another tournament or straight up villains. Just need a survivor and the super dragon balls.

Going off this arc though, gotta dig in more to the angels and the fallout of Merus dying.

I'm just tired of it always being Goku. DBS was the perfect opportunity to at the very least bring Vegeta into a more prominent role and he and Goku were on equal footing for all of one month and now we're back to Goku being the sole character of merit in terms of conflict resolution.

I'm just tired of it always being Goku. DBS was the perfect opportunity to at the very least bring Vegeta into a more prominent role and he and Goku were on equal footing for all of one month and now we're back to Goku being the sole character of merit in terms of conflict resolution.
It's never gonna not be Goku.

Dragonball is a story with a sole protagonist. Its not one of those team mangas or where there's a trio that share the main character role.

Toriyama mixed it up in the Cell saga. They made him keep going so he brought it back to dead Goku. After that they shot Trunks some bail cuz its his future. That's it.

This is an old school type shonen in that way. Vegeta isnt ever gonna be the sole hero of an entire saga beginning to end. He might beat a villain for an arc but the villain is gonna revive or a bigger badder boss is gonna show up. He's never gonna really surpass Goku.

Same way Zoro isn't gonna end up pirate king and stronger than Luffy. That Quincy kid was never gonna beat Ichigo. Same way Demon Cyborg aint ever gonna be stronger than Saitama.

If you want more stringent power scaling and concise varied storytelling try My Hero Academia or Hunter×Hunter.

Last edited:
I hear you but Naruto is just as insane as DB and they make two people work. DB would do better if Vegeta could be taken seriously instead of being a plot device to show how strong the main villain really is.

I hear you but Naruto is just as insane as DB and they make two people work. DB would do better if Vegeta could be taken seriously instead of being a plot device to show how strong the main villain really is.
That was intended from the jump though and the comparison is really only there cuz of dragonball's influence on Naruto.

Like during the chunin exams they made it clear Naruto is telling his and Sasuke's stories. Plus Kishi is way more in to that emo melodrama stuff with the relationships which propelled those 2.

Vegeta was a villain that turned heel. He's basically around to represent that last real saiyan and to be the straight man in comedy jokes and occasionally be a joke himself.

yeah, but Sasuke is the creators favorite character. Toriyama hates/hated Vegeta, but his popularity was undeniable. Why do you think dude caught all the L’s in the series and didn’t truly have a redeeming character moment until he apologized to Gohan. He made him the a$$h0le that always gets whooped, but we in America appreciate his hard work over being a prodigy/having great potential.

As the years have gone on, and the money Vegeta has made him, I’m sure Toriyama likes the character now. Still doesn’t change the fact that he is probably the ultimate representation cockiness, pride, and disrespect.Things that Japanese culture tends to despise. Super made him more honorable and shows the changed man.

Back
Top Bottom