Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Yeah Fire Force has been great. Was unsure after s1 but they hit the ground running in s2.

I mess with MHA too. I see why some are frustrated with it though. The show needs a timeskip at the pace its going or they're gonna have to ignore their own rules and make way for Deku to be the new #1 hero.

Forgot, Toriyama hates Vegeta :lol: I frankly don't get why so many like him anyway but yeah you'd probably need a new writer partnering with Toriyama if you ever want different plots where somebody other than Goku beats the villain.

All I want is for the other fighters to catch up power level wise. Ever since Super started its been stupid how Goku and Vegeta dwarf everyone else.

I can kinda get no human being a match but Gohan, Gotenks, and even Piccolo need to be miles away from Goku not lightyears. Cuz they try to create conflict and they come up with unclear powerups like Trunks and his ki sword beating merged Zamasu and w/e that dark blue aura Vegeta got in the tournament.

All I'm saying the next time a group of villains show up makes no sense calling on anybody but Goku, Vegeta, SS3 Gotenks, and fat Buu (lets be honest he's only there for comedy bits) and the next tournament off earth needs to exclude these low level bums.

Cuz its clear they're not gonna bring in new characters as allies.

Last edited:
MHA was trash.
this recent manga arc has made it way better

tenor.gif

Series is fire. Show has been a breath of fresh air. Villains are grimey and heroes are not all what they seem. Characters are original and fresh and the powers are creatively used. I wouldn’t say it the Greatest Anime of All Time, but it’s definitely up there and I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes the title when it’s said and done.

Yeah Fire Force has been great. Was unsure after s1 but they hit the ground running in s2.

I mess with MHA too. I see why some are frustrated with it though. The show needs a timeskip at the pace its going or they're gonna have to ignore their own rules and make way for Deku to be the new #1 hero.

Forgot, Toriyama hates Vegeta :lol: I frankly don't get why so many like him anyway but yeah you'd probably need a new writer partnering with Toriyama if you ever want I different plots where somebody other than Goku beats the villain.

All I want is for the other fighters to catch power level wise. Ever since Super started its been stupid how Goku and Vegeta dwarf everyone else.

I can kinda get no human being a match but Gohan, Gotenks, and even Piccolo need to be miles away from Goku not lightyears. Cuz they try to create conflict and they come up with unclear powerups like Trunks and his no sword beating merged Zamasu and w/e that dark blue aura Vegeta got in the tournament.

All I'm saying the next time a group of villains show up makes no sense calling on anybody but Goku, Vegeta, SS3 Gotenks, and fat Buu (lets be honest he's only there for comedy bits) and the next tournament off earth needs to exclude these low level bums.

All this makes sense but cut Vegeta as well. He's back on the useless character tier

Forgot, Toriyama hates Vegeta :lol: I frankly don't get why so many like him anyway but yeah you'd probably need a new writer partnering with Toriyama if you ever want I different plots where somebody other than Goku beats the villain.

All I want is for the other fighters to catch power level wise. Ever since Super started its been stupid how Goku and Vegeta dwarf everyone else.

I can kinda get no human being a match but Gohan, Gotenks, and even Piccolo need to be miles away from Goku not lightyears. Cuz they try to create conflict and they come up with unclear powerups like Trunks and his no sword beating merged Zamasu and w/e that dark blue aura Vegeta got in the tournament.

Let them have an arc where the Z Fighters wash every one. Let's get a 4 Saint Beast arc like in Yu Yu Hakusho.

It's never gonna not be Goku.

Dragonball is a story with a sole protagonist. Its not one of those team mangas or where there's a trio that share the main character role.

Toriyama mixed it up in the Cell saga. They made him keep going so he brought it back to dead Goku. After that they shot Trunks some bail cuz it his future. That's it.

This is an old school type shonen in that way. Vegeta isnt ever gonna be the sole hero of an entire saga beginning to end. He might a villain for an arc but the villain is gon a revive or bigger badder boss is gonna show up. He's never gonna really surpass Goku.

Same way Zoro isn't gonna end up pirate king and stronger than Luffy. That Quincy kid was never gonna beat Ichigo. Same way Demon Cyborg aint ever gonna be stronger than Saitama.

If you want more stringent power scaling and concise varied storytelling try My Hero Academia or Hunter×Hunter.

HxH is my **** :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

i cooled off on MHA, have to pick it back up at some point again

but drewsone drewsone hit all the marks, fire force, Jujitsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer all heat

Saw HxH last year and its my personal all time favorite atm

Im still slowly trudging though OP. Think im almost done with Water 7

So yea dbs is trash especially after broadening my anime/manga range to the aforementioned

I just don’t think Toriyama has the passion or ability to give us a tightly written or well thought out Dragon Ball story anymore

All of us know by now how the series was supposed to end after Frieza blah blah blah and it shows because story quality been dipping with each new arc since

I love Dragon Ball and it’ll always be my favorite shonen series but it really is a shame to see how far the quality has strayed when comparing it to modern shonen where if we’re being honest blows it out the water more often than not

Series still has all the potential too with deep lore and enough characters to provide compelling stories but I don’t think we’ll ever see that again from Dragon Ball

The Dragon Ball series as a whole is completely corporate now. They’ll never stop making it because it’ll never not sell. The series has already made its impact and already has its legacy set in stone and because of that I’m sure Shueisha (the company that owns Dragon Ball) doesn’t care if the stories are inherently good or not because the checks are coming regardless

Also doesn’t help that Toriyama is working with Toyotaro who comes off as a big yes man that would never dare not agree with Toriyama on plot points due to his god like shonen legacy

All this makes sense but cut Vegeta as well. He's back on the useless character tier
Well yeah. I didn't add that with ultra instinct Goku is now light years ahead of Vegeta and supposedly a lot of gods of destruction who have never mastered ultra instinct.

Apparently this arc revealed reacting without thinking gives you divine ki.

I thought Goku and Vegeta have had divine ki since they unlocked their god transformations?
Yeah, they have but somehow Moro got it simply by copying the ultra instinct technique from Merus.

Its the whole reason he was gonna blow up and die and then merged his fate to the earth.

They either ****ed up on their own rules or they're telling us by simply learning ultra instinct you gain divine ki.

Also blowing up cuz your body cant contain that energy is a huge leap from back when Goku would temporarily tap in to UI and then his body would suffer the consequences.

i cooled off on MHA, have to pick it back up at some point again

but drewsone drewsone hit all the marks, fire force, Jujitsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer all heat

Saw HxH last year and its my personal all time favorite atm

Im still slowly trudging though OP. Think im almost done with Water 7

So yea dbs is trash especially after broadening my anime/manga range to the aforementioned
i still enjoy dbs just because its db haha
the first one always got that special place

rushing home from school to catch the namek arc :lol:
ill just know itll never have anything really ground breaking tho and itll always end up with Goku spirit bombing :lol:

jujutsu is taking me by surprise i thoght it was gonna be whatever but yo, at least anime wise, it's goood and well paced so far

HxH for sure goated

Killua will always be that dude :pimp:

PastelGreenCattle-small.gif

Started watching One Piece a few months ago too. I’m around episode 650 rn and it’s def one of my all time favorites now

Slept on it for too long

mannnn when they were fighting those convicts in that prison for their licenses, thats when i realized HxH was DIFFERNT

and Killua def GOATED

And damn i started OP over a year ago and im only on 280ish lol you flying through.

but uhhh back to the topic

how about that majin buu, am i rite??

:lol: The manga is way more comedy than anything now.

Would be great if a well written compelling saga happened that really shocked fandom.

Also blowing up cuz your body cant contain that energy is a huge leap from back when Goku would temporarily tap in to UI and then his body would suffer the consequences.

Isn’t that the same as an overdose or poisoning?

Goku developed the tolerance for UI. He attained it naturally using the usual DB trope of attaining a higher level by being “pushed” by your adversary, anger, etc.

Whereas the one stooge of Morrow died because his body couldn’t handle the overwhelming power. Some people can handle speed. Some peoples heart explode/fail.

Moro’s gluttony was his undoing.

Granted there was a lot of stupid. The senzu seed fiasco. Moro becoming a planet. Merus dying from interference. Vegeta not saving the day. Broly and Freeza being absent.

Isn’t that the same as an overdose or poisoning?

Goku developed the tolerance for UI. He attained it naturally using the usual DB trope of attaining a higher level by being “pushed” by your adversary, anger, etc.

Whereas the one stooge of Morrow died because his body couldn’t handle the overwhelming power. Some people can handle speed. Some peoples heart explode/fail.

Moro’s gluttony was his undoing.

Granted there was a lot of stupid. The senzu seed fiasco. Moro becoming a planet. Merus dying from interference. Vegeta not saving the day. Broly and Freeza being absent.
My point is before this it was never clear that UI came with divine god energy. Its a technique which is why he was able to copy it. The whole thing was attaining and mastering UI was not based on having to be a god first. Its why they even had those scenes of Master Roshi mimicking it.

Also Seven-Three only copied techniques and abilities. If he copied your power that'd be different. That would mean he could copy Goku and transform in to a SS but apparently there all interchangeable.

Whis already explained it. I got that.

My whole thing is where did the divine energy that is killing him even come from? So either 7-3 could copy powers as well or UI comes with divine energy automatically.

Back
Top Bottom