Official dreadlock thread.... dread heads unite

I was browsing nt and i havent found any threads about dreadlocks .... just little tid bits here and there but nothing solid and concrete thus prompting me tomake thread pertaining to dreadlocks.... any imput on growing them & upkeep will be greatly appreciated. Im n the ugly stage but im rather handsome so itsnot that bad but anywho im learning how to post pictures and what not so bear with me

28a367381930ad3010aefee24088074d2ee00b71.jpg
here are my baby dreads im not even a month in with mycomb twist but im a work in progress

Originally Posted by RoddyRodPiper

28a367381930ad3010aefee24088074d2ee00b71.jpg
here are my baby dreads im not even a month in with my comb twist but im a work in progress

They look like waves though. I regret cutting like 6 inches off mine last year.

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Your pretty late, Dreads are fading hard.
I hate when people make comments like this. People been locking their hair for years, it's not a new trend.

I been growing my hair out since April and I'm gonna lock up eventually. I'm in the ugly stage now too.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Your pretty late, Dreads are fading hard.
How can you be late rocking a hair style thats been around forever ?
indifferent.gif

Just like the people who say 'nobody wears braids anymore'.....
eyes.gif

the only people I know who still have their hair dreaded are Rastas.
but it's cool though cause they didn't do it just to fit in.

Word my pops is a rasta and most of my friends are i was gonna get dreads but i dont wanna go through the "ugly phase" lol but i was gonna becomerasta once before but for some reason stopped and the rastas called me a crazy baldhead haha

You cats really show how lame you are when statements like "Locs are a fad or trend." are used.

People been locking their hair for decades, well at least I know in the DMV, Va, NC, Fla, SC and GA areas.

Originally Posted by Put em up

You cats really show how lame you are when statements like "Locs are a fad or trend." are used.

People been locking their hair for Centuries, well at least I know in the DMV, Va, NC, Fla, SC and GA areas.
fixed.
3-4 months
325504406_l.jpg

6 months (this is actually recently I grew my hair out again cuz I hate fades, but I'm not getting dreads tho just twists)
l_42ae978f7a9b469d9a4cc74c4f2f9e3c.jpg

1 year
338781730_l.jpg

1 year and half (I had braids for a year, and it takes 6 months to lock so this is when they first locked)
896964555_l.jpg

4 years- right before I cut it
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

l_e76dce6e7fc77ebc9857ebd3661d22fe.jpg

I'll post some tips for you a lil later bruh
pimp.gif

Bonus: Current Haircut

13032_1181721177361_1058143116_30460538_2115346_n.jpg

and that's not even half the hairstyles i've had in my life, I stay switiching it up
laugh.gif

No disrespect bruh but do u have thumb tacks in ears for earrings.

laugh.gif
where they do that at?

^^^ yo +@%$ is fresh!!! this is the vision I had in mind when i started this post for everyone with locs to contribute what they can.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

lol @ someone implying dreads are a fad. i'm assuming you think wayne made them cool, too?
laugh.gif

dreads =
pimp.gif
yesss. locks are so sexy to me.
pimp.gif
devil.gif

and NT has definitely had a few threads about dreadlocks from what I remember.

yo for the people for dreads
did you let your hair naturally lock up?
or did you have done somewhere?
cuz i'm growing out my hair right now, and thinking bout getting dreads

Back
Top Bottom