Official dreadlock thread.... dread heads unite

Originally Posted by FlyJr22

Originally Posted by Put em up

You cats really show how lame you are when statements like "Locs are a fad or trend." are used.

People been locking their hair for Centuries, well at least I know in the DMV, Va, NC, Fla, SC and GA areas.

13032_1181721177361_1058143116_30460538_2115346_n.jpg

and that's not even half the hairstyles i've had in my life, I stay switiching it up
laugh.gif

Your barber mad ugly.******!!

im thinking bout dreading my hair before i cut it. i always change up my hairstyle about every 4-5yrs. been rockin the singles for a few yrs and started growinmy hair since november '05 haha. kinda regret recently cutting 6inches off, but it always grows back...

last winter

^^^i get my singles done hella thin. i have my girl do them and she counted them once and came out to a little over 200

so its best to get braids 1st to get past the ugly stage?

Been growin my locs since my birthday in Feb. '08... The only regret that I have is that i didnt do it earlier... I love looking at the progress &seein how they come along...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have a huge head (||) so i love the way they look on me... I was always told that it's better to trim it down if you're starting from cornrows ortwists because its easier to train the roots to lock...

After about a year (May '09)

2v9b2nq.jpg

Wolfin it...
2vl1oja.jpg

Today

2mwa3gp.jpg

351zqr6.jpg

2 months in of just growing my hair to get it dreaded.

Thinking of just rocking the fro until after February.

Im bout to get dreads, usin the 2 strand twists and I got some questions. Do the twist gotta be skinny as hell? Cuz the ones I got are big @$% hell. How oftendo I gotta re-twist or put beeswax in my twist just once right? I been growin my hair for a year now so its decent length.

^99% sure you're white...

Or know nothing of your heritage if you're black
smh.gif

Nothing more beautiful than a head of natural hair... man or woman... Even if they look like the boy Gunplay or Murs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Im bout to get dreads, usin the 2 strand twists and I got some questions. Do the twist gotta be skinny as hell? Cuz the ones I got are big @$% hell. How often do I gotta re-twist or put beeswax in my twist just once right? I been growin my hair for a year now so its decent length.

dont use beeswax cuz it builds up in your hair and the twists dont have to be skinny

I didn't know dudes still rocked dreads
(sarcasm)
I thought those were for NFL Defensive backs
(sarcasm again)
any girls with dreads on here?

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Originally Posted by Baybully650

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I have tons of respect for Rastas and love the Jamaican culture so I think locks are dope. I'd never get any though, I'd look like a god damn fool being a Mexican with locks. Blacks are the only ones who can pull it off, it looks kinda ridiculous on non-blacks but that's just MO. Around here though, there's too many dread heads rockin white T's, pea coats, jeans and vans..
Agreed....blacks be the only ones that can pull of dreads. I see them everywhere out here.

Someone school me on the process tho...I always wondered how it works. You just walk into the barber shop and tell em you want dreads?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ninja this aint GTA: San Andreas...you can't just get dreads instantly.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Three things stopping me from getting dreads.

1). The ugly phase

2). Stereotyping

3). My job wouldn't let me get them.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Im bout to get dreads, usin the 2 strand twists and I got some questions. Do the twist gotta be skinny as hell? Cuz the ones I got are big @$% hell. How often do I gotta re-twist or put beeswax in my twist just once right? I been growin my hair for a year now so its decent length.

dont use beeswax cuz it builds up in your hair and the twists dont have to be skinny
What should I use?

Originally Posted by oidreez

What should I use?
are you going to a shop or are you doing them yourself. either way a loc and twist gel should work

Back
Top Bottom