Official EA Sports College Football 25 Thread || Next Game Coming Summer 2024

FYI, the NCAA demo is dropping Tuesday.

It will be a full game with 3 minute quarters.

The other details about the demo, like which teams are in haven't been announced yet.

Dammit Cardo; was just coming in here to post that uniform vid.
laugh.gif

Here's the full details for the NCAA demo dropping tomorrow:
According to Kotaku's Owen Good, the NCAA Football 14 demo will feature the following teams.
  • Alabama vs. Virginia Tech
  • Oregon vs. Texas A&M
  • Ohio State vs. Michigan
  •  
By sharing the demo to your friends, you qualify for some Ultimate Team mode card packs.

Revealed last week, it will feature full games with 3 minute quarters, Skills Trainer mode and the new coordinator camera angle.

Played the demo earlier today, I liked it so far. I only got one game in.

Just some quick thoughts,
- really hard to make tackles. (I was playing on heisman, so that's probably why, lol)
- when running option plays it tells you which defensive players to watch before the snap, which was cool!
- the presentation was nice.
Running with the ball felt a little weird, the players felt slow and so did the jukes. But like I said, I only got one game in so we'll see how it is after I put some more games in.

I enjoyed the demo.

Spent the bulk of my time playing going through new skills training drills

Addictive as hell.

The read option drills were kicking my ***.
laugh.gif
Need to do a better job of reading the defense.

Will probably pick up NCAA 14 a month or so after it releases; a named roster should be out by then.

I enjoyed the demo.

Spent the bulk of my time playing going through new skills training drills

Addictive as hell.

The read option drills were kicking my ***.
laugh.gif
Need to do a better job of reading the defense.

Will probably pick up NCAA 14 a month or so after it releases; a named roster should be out by then.
i dont start playing hard until i get the names

I'll probably just play with randomly generated names. The quicker we get our recruits into the dynasty the better.

Running the Option in NCAA Football 14
By EA SPORTS Jun 21, 2013

ncaa-football-14-option-header_656x369.jpg

EA SPORTS recently sat down with three NCAA Football 14 developers to get their insights on the improved option game:

Larry Richart began his career at Tiburon in 1999 following a college football career at the University of Florida, where he was a member of the 1996 National Champions. He's been a designer for Central Gameplay since 2004.

Michael Scantlebury is an eight-year veteran in the gaming industry. He began his career as a part-time QA Tester, and now works as Designer I on Core Football Gameplay. He specializes in the balancing and tuning of both NCAA Football and Madden NFL.

Clint Oldenburg is a former NFL offensive lineman that joined the team 18 months ago. A former fifth-round pick from Colorado State, Oldenburg played five years in the NFL before taking an internship with EA SPORTS. He’s been working on the American Football franchises ever since.

ncaa-football-14-option-1.jpg

On the process of improving the option game

The first piece of the option game is making sure the pitch and read are assigned to the correct players. There was a good amount of film study. We watched a lot of Missouri, Oregon, Air Force, Georgia Tech and Auburn. Those reference points on the spread option and flexbone were big for us. For the different option types, we would then go and break down each read out of different formations.

ncaa-football-14-option-2.jpg

On the major improvements from last year

One of the biggest improvements is that we’re displaying the correct read before the snap to show how it’s done in real life. Before this year, players really had no idea. Knowing which guys will be left unblocked helped develop those plays. Last year, there were none of those blocking matchups. There would be plays where multiple defenders were left unblocked. The most improved option play is probably the zone-read triple option, which Oregon runs.

Notice the all-new READ key and improved blocking in NCAA Football 14

In NCAA Football 13, some users were afraid to even run the option because it was very difficult to identify our reads. That’s been improved considerably this year. Each option type will have its own custom blocking schemes this year, so they will feel different. If it’s an outside zone type of play, linemen’s footwork will mimic that scheme. Double teams will also move laterally based on the play type, which helps out a lot on stretch plays.

ncaa-football-14-option-3.jpg

Open-field blocking and wide receiver blocking both got lots of refinement. If you make a cut and alter the direction you’re running, your blockers will update their blocking path to give you a chance to break into the second and third levels. Last year, blockers would often pick the wrong guy in the open field and turn around.

Here is another example where you can see READ/PITCH keys and improved blocking.

Hard cutting has made the cutback an option this year. In NCAA Football 13 and other years, nobody ever used the cutback. But now if you’re running an inside zone read, you can footplant, cut on a dime and hit a hole on the backside. Hard cutting has made a world of difference there.

ncaa-football-14-option-4.jpg

On the improved CPU decision-making

Quarterback decision-making has improved tremendously in terms of their reads and when to give up the ball. We trained the CPU to pitch at better times and situations, so that their plays were more effective. We wanted to get CPU plays outside and around the corner more, so players will try and get up field quicker this year. Players will recognize where defenders are, and cut at more appropriate times. It’s pretty deadly now, and the computer is more confident in the way they call the read option.

ncaa-football-14-option-5.jpg

On modeling the option game after real-life NCAA teams

For something like the spread option, we watched a lot of offensive plays from 2010, 2011, and 2012 later in the process. When we watched those plays, we tried to focus on the defensive reaction and how teams were able to successfully gain yards. Once we modeled our reach blocks on what we saw in the film, the whole run game opened up. The flow of the offensive and defensive lines is represented a lot better than in previous years. 

ncaa-football-14-option-6.jpg

On changes made to the defense

In previous years, the defensive player assigned to the pitch man would just run to the player that was diving in the option. But when we watched film, we noticed that the player would follow the pitch man more often. Without that improvement, it was tough to truly replicate the option game. The spread option is truly dynamic in real life and now, we think our game finally has that.

Practice Makes Perfect
By EA SPORTS Jun 20, 2013

ncaa-football-14-nike-skills-trainer-header_656x369.jpg

Football can be a complicated game for the uninitiated. Those unfamiliar with the NCAA Football franchise might find themselves a bit lost trying to get acclimated to the mechanics of the college game. This year, we’ve introduced the new Nike Skills Trainer to try and flatten and learning curve. Now you can learn all about the new features in this year’s game, and also re-familiarize yourself with some of the elements that were introduced last year. You get to do all of this inside a state-of-the-art Nike practice facility, just like a real college team.

ncaa-football-14-nike-skills-trainer-1.jpg

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE

When you enter the Nike Skills Trainer, you’ll have your choice of tutorials and drills for both offense and defense. The tutorials feature videos narrated by David Pollack, who walks you step-by-step through the drills. These tutorials are extremely helpful for some of the more complicated concepts like the Shovel Option, and can help both vets and newcomers alike.

After the tutorial, you can jump into a drill that lets you execute what you just learned. The best way to master a technique is through repetition, and you’ll be given a set number of reps to apply your newfound skills. Meeting the minimum threshold for success will earn you a bronze medal, but true mastery will grant you not only a gold medal, but also an exclusive Ultimate Team item. These items are closely tied to the drills, so earning Gold in the Pass Trajectories will unlock one of the most successful Golden Bears ever, Aaron Rodgers. On a similar note, acing the Ball Hawk drill will net you Charles Woodson, the only defensive player to ever win the Heisman.

Even if you already think you’re a master of NCAA Football, there are enough rewards in the Skills Trainer to hop in and try and prove your mettle. The challenges can be tackled in any order, so if you just want to learn about the new Option game or brush up on specific skills, go for it.

POUND THE ROCK, THEN AIR IT OUT

On the offensive side of the ball, the Skills Trainer provides instruction on both running and passing. This year marks a big overhaul in the Option game, so you may want to check out the Option, Triple Option and Shovel Option tutorials. The drills start simply, reducing the number of players on the field so that you don’t have to wonder where to put your focus. Your only job is to watch what the Read Key defender does and either keep the ball if he crashes down the line of scrimmage, or hand it off to the running back if he stays home. Once you’ve gotten a feel for how to read what the defender is doing, you’ll jump into a live 11-on-11 drill. After a bit of practice you’ll be able to identify the proper defender, make the right read, and find the opening. Suddenly running the Option is much less intimidating.

ncaa-football-14-nike-skills-trainer-3.jpg

Rounding out the running tutorials are the Acceleration Burst and Oklahoma Drill. Acceleration Burst will help you get a feel for how to get around the corner or hustle through a fast-closing hole on the line. The Oklahoma Drill is the ultimate test of all your skills, as you must go mano-a-mano against a defender in a confined space in the hopes of breaking through and scoring a touchdown. Utilize jukes, spins, stiff-arms and everything else in your bag of tricks in order to get in the endzone.

Running the ball isn’t all you can practice, though. If you ever struggled with when to loft a lob pass versus firing in a hard strike, this is your chance to learn more. You can also get a feel for how to lead receivers to the open areas of the field. Spend some time with the Nike Skills Trainer, and see if your offensive efficiency doesn’t start trending in a positive direction.

ncaa-football-14-nike-skills-trainer-2.jpg

GETTING DEFENSIVE

The Nike Skills Trainer can also help you out with your defense. Many people don’t like to take control of a secondary player for fear giving up a big play. The Ball Hawk tutorial will teach you how to switch to the proper player and get into position to make a play on the ball. If you’ve always wanted to attack passes more aggressively but didn’t know where to start, this is the perfect place to learn.

THE PRE-SNAP CHESS MATCH

One thing that separates the elite players from warm bodies on the roster is the ability to effectively execute pre-snap adjustments. Sometimes you’ll see a mismatch you want to exploit, and other times an opponent will show you something that catches you off-guard, so quick adjustments are needed.

The Skills Trainer will also allow you to run through various hot routes and audibles on both sides of the ball. Whether it’s changing a receiver’s route from a slant to a zig, or switching your linebacker from a blitz to a hook zone, the Skills Trainer will help teach you exactly what you need in order to be a more effective playcaller. Don’t know what a zig or hook zone is? Don’t worry, after utilizing the Skills Trainer, you will. 

The goal of the Nike Skills Trainer is to make you a better player on both sides of the ball. Whether you’re brand-new to the game or a savvy veteran, you can always get better. It’s a great mode to visit the first time you take the game out of the box, and it’s the perfect resource to revisit anytime you need a refresher. 

Ready to try out the all-new Nike Skills Trainer? Download the demo today.

FYI, for those with Season Ticket, the full game will be available on Friday.

just copped my ncaa14 on walmart. only place thats doing release day shipping free. an they promise it will be here 7/9.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom