Official EA Sports College Football 25 Thread || Next Game Coming Summer 2024

EA Sports says cryptic video wasn't an 'NCAA Football' tease
By Kevin Trahan and James Brady on Jan 11, 2016, 10:12a 8

EA Sports
If this post wasn't about the game's eventual return, it sure got a lot of people thinking it might be.

 TWEET SHARE PIN
The NCAA cancelled its relationship with EA Sports in 2013, due in part to a settled lawsuit that ended up with former players getting a cut of the money the association made off the NCAA Football video games.

However, this video post by the game's official Facebook page makes it seem like there is some hope for a return of the game:

This was the page's first post since July 2014.

However, an EA Sports rep said, "No news, sorry to get your hopes up," via Polygon's Owen Good. The rep says the post is about Monday night's National Championship.

Why the heartbeat? Here's what EA Sports told SB Nation: "We have no new plans or announcements to make regarding the EA SPORTS NCAA Football series. Today's National Championship game reminds us more than ever that the hearts in our community still beat for college football."

EA Sports wanted to continue the game, and it was willing to pay for the likenesses of players — thus, giving the players a cut — to do so. That would make the game even more authentic, as it could then include player names like NFL video games do, instead of just players' numbers. However, the NCAA did not allow it, as the association claims it would violate the ever-changing definition of amateurism.

The Facebook post wasn't made in error, an EA Sports source told SB Nation's James Brady, and EA still expects litigation to continue through 2017.

NCAA is a joke man. They don't want these kids to get any type of compensation.

Any one have a copy they want to sell or trade? Mine has the rings on the disk and it says game error more times than not... I don't want to pay the prices I see on Amazon and Ebay!

Rosters are still being made for this game. Dig mine up at my parents and loaded it up.

anyone else still have theirs or still playing?

this thing is fetching $130-$170

9E11D319-7412-45FF-9D52-929167956B32.jpeg

2019 :emoji_grimacing:

Had a great dynasty going with some fam. Good times, but I think I've squeezed every last bit of enjoyment out of the game. ..for now.

The biggest bummer was going to the OS forums for the stadium sounds and all the files being long gone.

Last edited:
I'm not very good but let me know if anyone is up to join or make a new 360 dynasty.

I'm online ... often.

GT: bodyfullaPOLO

Back
Top Bottom