Official Fall/Winter Coat Thread

Newest additions

NSW Mountain Laser Jacket, two in one with water repellent fabric. Got it as a gift. Super nice

Alexander Wang leather from F/W 2011, been looking for this for months and finally found my size for a steal. Current fav leather

Quick question for anyone who knows. I wanna get the levis slim fit trucker jacket but online is my only option. I'm torn between either the dark summit color or the ghost color. Which one of the two look the best in person? PS: I'm wanting a "normal" blue color, not too dark or light.

I just googled the Columbia Erudite to see how heavy it was, it's a double layer jacket. It's not the heaviest jacket in the world but if you wear a fleece or hoody under then you might be good. Layering does help keep you warm. The east coast winter last year wasn't too bad.

I think it's going to be horrible this year...

______

I ordered this yesterday for $204 shipped :pimp: :

It's a 3 in 1 Triclimate. It comes with a removable fleece and the outer layer is waterproof and windproof, I think.

The fleece:

______

I'm probably still going to grab a light jacket from Columbia in 2 weeks or a Steep Tech from TNF.

A question though: Are the Steep Techs cut super big?

Picked this up at winners for $59.99

that's quality and a good price

HH craps all over North Face from a quality standpoint

The price is good and I'm not saying you're wrong but when I went looking for jackets/coats yesterday, I thought the HH looked good but wasn't thick enough to keep you warm. Not to mention, it was $280 for a similar style to the one I copped.

I want a light rain jacket that is made of canvas cotton or cotton that either comes waxed or that I can wax myself with a hood in like a cream or olive green color.

Toggle buttons would be nice but are optional.

But no stores ever have stuff like that

I want a light rain jacket that is made of canvas cotton or cotton that either comes waxed or that I can wax myself with a hood in like a cream or olive green color.

Toggle buttons would be nice but are optional.

But no stores ever have stuff like that
roll.gif

I got the black Nike Destroyer and plan on wearing this for the rest of my damn life lol. Jacket plus a hoody and it's all good

I don't mean to get off topic, but I need some gloves for the winter.

I recently have some nike batting gloves for when i hang out casually - and they're great to drive with, it doesn't feel all bulky and you can still "feel" the steering wheel.

Anybody have any gloves like that but I can wear to work?

The batting gloves doesn't go well with a peacoat and a button up.......

I don't mean to get off topic, but I need some gloves for the winter.
I recently have some nike batting gloves for when i hang out casually - and they're great to drive with, it doesn't feel all bulky and you can still "feel" the steering wheel.
Anybody have any gloves like that but I can wear to work?
The batting gloves doesn't go well with a peacoat and a button up.......
Get some Northface E-tip gloves. They have a similar fit to running or batting gloves but aside from the Northface logo on em, there's no crazy designs. Also the E-tip gloves have fingertips that let you operate a touchscreen device without having to take off the glove.

Get some Northface E-tip gloves. They have a similar fit to running or batting gloves but aside from the Northface logo on em, there's no crazy designs. Also the E-tip gloves have fingertips that let you operate a touchscreen device without having to take off the glove.

Good lookin out Gus, but i was thinkin somewhere in the lines of leather... iono, how warm are driving gloves?

Quick question for anyone who knows. I wanna get the levis slim fit trucker jacket but online is my only option. I'm torn between either the dark summit color or the ghost color. Which one of the two look the best in person? PS: I'm wanting a "normal" blue color, not too dark or light.

I bought the Ghost color last year. Color was pretty well represented on the site, maybe lighter in person.
Ordered a Large- I'm 6'3" 200, athletic. You're slimmer than me, judging off your avatar
IDK I don't like the way the jacket fits.
It's kinda bulky, but it's stiff? Best way to describe it. The collar is awk.
Just assumed, because the denim looks distressed, that it would have that worn in feel and whatnot. Didn't have that for me

IDK I'm starting to learn towards never buying clothes online without seeing them in person, I'm usually unsatisfied.

Good lookin out Gus, but i was thinkin somewhere in the lines of leather... iono, how warm are driving gloves?
I have 2 pairs of leather gloves. They're regular gloves though and not driving ones. I have a black leather pair from Nordstrom and they don't keep my hands that warm. I have a brown quilted leather and napa fleece lined gloves from Polo that keep my hands really warm. They fit a little tight because of the lining but still comfortable to wear. I don't think driving gloves would be too warm. They're pretty thin without much lining.

I'm weird and always looking for good, warm, functional gloves. I own those TNF e-tip gloves too :lol:.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a nice leather too. It's hard to find a nice plain brown or leather jacket. So many have busy designs. It also seems like leather jackets are way more expensive than they used to be.

Cole Haan has some nicer men's leathers.

I'll post a picture of the one I bought last year.

Back
Top Bottom