Official Fantasy Basketball Thread

Drop Brad Miller for Martell Webster?
I also have Ridnour but I am not sure he'll lose his starting job to Flynn just yet.

Opinions?

I got a commissioner question about something being fair or not.
There is a trade proposed today, Ray Allen for Noah. Now Noah is reportedly will be going under surgery and miss 10 weeks.
Is it fair for the commissioner (me) to let the person that is getting Noah know that he will be out 10 weeks?
I just want to be fair and I don't really think the other guy is trying to get away with it but I just want to make sure both parties are in the know.

Is it a good move to ask just to be fair or is it kind of underhanded if the other guy is trying to get away with something?
The guys getting Allen is in second place and I'm in first, as a commish I just don't want him thinking I want to cheat or abuse my power.

Opinions?

^tough call. if the trade went through already i dont think its fair to stop it. where are your sources that say that noah will go into surgery?

it'd be nice to give dude a heads up

keep ridnour if you been riding with him this long.

webster had 17 tonight...go ahead
currently have taj gibson on 3 teams
pimp.gif

rose with 11 assists
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by diew its james

^tough call. if the trade went through already i dont think its fair to stop it. where are your sources that say that noah will go into surgery?
TORONTO -- Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah will have surgery Thursday to repair a torn ulna collateral ligament in his right thumb, the team announced.
The surgery will be performed by Mark Cohen and John Fernandez of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University Medical Center.

^ i didn't see that coming, i traded noah last month before boozer came back. i kinda feel bad for the person i traded to now...

Originally Posted by diew its james

Trade can still be vetoed. I mean I won't stop the trade as long as both people know that Noah will be out. If the other guy still wants to trade, I'll let it go but I just want it to be fair.

I say if you know for sure the guy who owned Noah proposed the trade knowing Noah was gonna be down and the person receiving Noah was unaware than you should intervene, otherwise its questionable to me.  If you think the guy didn't know or the other guy proposed a trade to Noahs owner either before or after injury than I say you either let it go or leave it up to the guy receiving Allen to decide.  In that situation I view it the same as if they traded last Friday.  Sucks for whomever ends up with the injured player but I don't feel like the owner trading Noah for Allen should be penalized if the deal was done fairly

Somewhat similar situation happened to me in a baseball league I was manager and commissioner in this past year.  The league was for money and some dude sent me a trade offering Kendry Morales for what I don't remember but it was pretty clear from anyone who saw the injury that he was done for the year.  This was not necessarily a friend of my but an acquaintance and I straight up told dude.  I already knew what was up so I kind of chuckled at it but I said if you ever knowingly try and pull that %@%$ again your done with my league.  Dude got the point and apologized.

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

I say if you know for sure the guy who owned Noah proposed the trade knowing Noah was gonna be down and the person receiving Noah was unaware than you should intervene, otherwise its questionable to me.  If you think the guy didn't know or the other guy proposed a trade to Noahs owner either before or after injury than I say you either let it go or leave it up to the guy receiving Allen to decide.  In that situation I view it the same as if they traded last Friday.  Sucks for whomever ends up with the injured player but I don't feel like the owner trading Noah for Allen should be penalized if the deal was done fairly

Somewhat similar situation happened to me in a baseball league I was manager and commissioner in this past year.  The league was for money and some dude sent me a trade offering Kendry Morales for what I don't remember but it was pretty clear from anyone who saw the injury that he was done for the year.  This was not necessarily a friend of my but an acquaintance and I straight up told dude.  I already knew what was up so I kind of chuckled at it but I said if you ever knowingly try and pull that %@%$ again your done with my league.  Dude got the point and apologized.

The thing is, I think the guy who is letting noah go knows because he is one of the most active managers in that league and snatches up the prime players off of waivers list (Wesley Matthews, Humphries, Rush, etc...) so i do feel like he knows because they have been talking about Noahs injury for a week now and I read the report that he is considering surgery last week. I don''t know if the other guy knows, he isn't as active, he has 3 moves compared to the other guys 20. 
So it's tough, the trade was accepted last night, a few hours before it was announced that Noah was getting the surgery. Now the trade could have been proposed a couple of days ago and was just accepted but it is in the veto stages now and I don't know if anyone will step-up. This is also a money league so I want it to be as fair as possible. 

Also, if the guy who is getting noah finds out now about the injury and wants it vetoed, should I?
It should be fair right?

^it would definitely be fair, im sure the league would want it vetoed anyway since the person getting allen is already so high up in the ranks and hes trading an injured player for an active player

sup rfx, this is mikey34 from styleforum (I'm in the league rfx is talking about guys) tough situation bro. As much as I'd like the trade to be vetoed since the guy who is getting rid of noah is in 2nd place, I think the trade should go through. It sucks that Noah is out for an exetended period of time but I feel like the manager who is receiving him should have done his research. You mentioned they were talking about surgery for a week, so the guy trading Noah should not be penalized for the other manager not doing his homework. Let me know what you decide to do and if we have to vote.  

Thats why u picked up Taj Gibson, you've been reading here, damn you!
Not your fault though, I didn't know he was dropped.

Yeah, tough situation but even though the guy receiving Noah didn't know, I feel like the guy who owns Noah does and it seems a but under handed, don't you think?
I mean he is one of the most active managers in that league so he knew about the situation.
I would leave it to the league to veto it or not but I don't think enough checks on a daily basis to even know what is going on.

haha, yep! went straight to the waiver wires as soon as I read Noah was out
laugh.gif
 thanks buddy.

And I agree, the guy def knew something was up with Noah (most active player in the L, trading for a lesser player in ray ray) and it seems a bit shady or sheisty in my opinion. I say a vote is most fair (we can pm everyone over at sf since they check that more often).  

I don't even know whose who is in that league.
laugh.gif

All I know is that guy giving away Noah because he's been so active.

Someone wants to trade me Kobe for Melo.. Who'd be getting the better end?? I want him to add another player I need like Beasley and i'll add in Billups, but he wants to do 1/1

as of now kobe is higher in the rankings. he scores more, shoots 3s, has a slightly higher ft% and gives you 5 reb 5 ast. melo gives you a few less points, doesnt make the 3s as often, 8 reb 3 ast. overall kobe is the better player as of right now

also billups is really not worth much at the moment

I'l stick with Kobe on that one, I have a feeling Melo will take a hit in numbers once traded, especially if it is to NY.

Haha, me neither. I'll go back and look at some of my older posts I think I posted the majority of screenames/team names in one of my posts to show who signed up and whatnot.

I need help, Morrow is out for 2-3 weeks should i drop him? My team is in need of assist with Wall day to day and lawry having reduced time. Im thinking about dropping Morrow and picking up Farmar or adding Beno. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom