OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

france would be legit if tp and noah suited up. best euro team?
nerd.gif
agree

look at serbia

compared to the population/size of the country, they gotta have the best athletes in the world
And we split up into 5 different nations. If we were still as one, the dominance in Sports would be pretty cool to see.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
france would be legit if tp and noah suited up. best euro team? :nerd:

No lie, watching the Spain and France game, I wondered why Ibaka decided to be a naturalized player for Spain instead of France. Spain already had two talented bigs ahead of him. France had Noah and Diaw, but Ibaka could've easily taken the spot from Diaw. The French team with Ibaka would give any team other than the US the business.

No lie, watching the Spain and France game, I wondered why Ibaka decided to be a naturalized player for Spain instead of France. Spain already had two talented bigs ahead of him. France had Noah and Diaw, but Ibaka could've easily taken the spot from Diaw. The French team with Ibaka would give any team other than the US the business.

I believe Noah takes up the naturalized citizen slot for France.

Say what you want about Team USA but they might just make history by being the first team to win every game by at least 20 in the world cup

This has been a joke of a tourney

That super easy bracket

Every team that could've been a threat to the USA not making it to the gold medal game :lol:

Last edited:
Some weekend reading while we wait for the final. Oral history of Dream Team II:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2186790-dream-team-ii-the-us-team-that-time-forgot
Back in the ezboard days, I made a thread on here comparing the 2 teams.

Lose Jordan, gain SHAQ... giving you Shaq, Hakeem, Patrick, and David Robinson. 
roll.gif

Lose some retired, aging Bird and Magic, gain freaking Penny and Reggie.

Trade Duke star Laettner for Duke star GRANT HILL. 

And as nice as the Olympic VIIs were, the Air More Uptempo and Zoom Flight 96... 
sick.gif

mean.gif

smokin.gif

Lose Jordan, gain SHAQ... giving you Shaq, Hakeem, Patrick, and David Robinson. :rofl:

And as nice as the Olympic VIIs were, the Air More Uptempo and Zoom Flight 96... :x  :smh:  :smokin  

You're thinking 1996 (Dream Team III).

Oh. I always thought Noah would be a French citizen since his dad was French. On that note, how did Tony Parker get on the French team? In a Bill Simmons podcast (I think), he mentioned that he has no connection with France other than growing up there. Neither his mom or dad are French and he wasn't born in France.

Ibaka actually spent time living in Spain I don't think he would've agreed to playing for France.

Ibaka actually spent time living in Spain I don't think he would've agreed to playing for France.
How many times this need to be mentioned, lol. Ibaka lived in Spain for a while and played professionally there. Taught himself Spanish. Nothing wrong with him representing that country.

Last edited:

Oh. I always thought Noah would be a French citizen since his dad was French. On that note, how did Tony Parker get on the French team? In a Bill Simmons podcast (I think), he mentioned that he has no connection with France other than growing up there. Neither his mom or dad are French and he wasn't born in France.

Growing up in France should be connection enough. His parents are also likely French citizens.

Thought Parker mother was French and his dad was American who was playing pro ball over there

I guess his mom is Dutch with a few Google results. He was born in Belgium, (French being one of their national languages), raised up in France...that's French enough lol.

He played for the U-18 squad and before that probably in their other youth squads so I don't see how Simmons can say he has no real connection to the French team or the country.

I guess his mom is Dutch with a few Google results. He was born in Belgium, (French being one of their national languages), raised up in France...that's French enough lol.

He played for the U-18 squad and before that probably in their other youth squads so I don't see how Simmons can say he has no real connection to the French team or the country.

If you want to read a really in-depth reason why he plays for France, here you go lol

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/the-frenchness-of-tony-parker

Lose Jordan, gain SHAQ... giving you Shaq, Hakeem, Patrick, and David Robinson. :rofl:

And as nice as the Olympic VIIs were, the Air More Uptempo and Zoom Flight 96... :x  :smh:  :smokin  

World Championships team in 94', not the Olympic team in 96 g

I don't really expect us (Serbia) to win this game, but it's great to be back after full decade of lost identity. Djordjevic is young, but highly talented coach, and he will do wonders for us in the decades to come.

Lose Jordan, gain SHAQ... giving you Shaq, Hakeem, Patrick, and David Robinson. 
roll.gif

And as nice as the Olympic VIIs were, the Air More Uptempo and Zoom Flight 96... 
sick.gif

mean.gif

smokin.gif

You're thinking 1996 (Dream Team III).
World Championships team in 94', not the Olympic team in 96 g
My bad. Totally forgot about them... which is exactly what @dmbrhs  was originally posting about, the team that time forgot. 
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

Was that Kevin Johnson & Mitch Richmond? They weren't on the 96 squad, were they?

When I replied earlier, I was trying to think of that 96 squad, and I pictured KJ & Mitch in USA jerseys and second-guessed myself. I think I was thinking of them in the Worlds.

Diaw's just a baller.

Feel bad for Lithuania since basketball is all they have. Can't even get a medal :lol:

Back
Top Bottom