OFFICIAL FIBA World Cup Spain 2014 Thread

Kyrie was very consistent all tournament long. So was Faried.

AD probably could've won if it weren't for him getting in foul trouble in the gold medal game, and if Kyrie don't score 26.

Scoring 26 on an nba team is par for the course. Scoring 26 on team USA is crazy. You don't get the same amount of shot attempts on this team like you do on an nba team.

Kyrie was on fire. If he wasn't on a stacked team, he could've dropped 40, the way he was going.

Last edited:
i give Kyrie credit for actually attacking the rim and not just chucking the entire tourney like the rest of the guards

I made this post a week ago, but a world team would be pretty good

Dragic, Parker, Rubio
Wiggins, Fernandez
Giannis, Ginobili
Gobert, Batum, Nowitzki
Sergio Gasol

off the top of my head

*edit

I wouldp probably replace Fernandez with Boris Diaw

Only problem with this group might be age. Some too young, some too old
So, assemble a team that's less talented than team USA and throw them together a few weeks before the tourney just like team USA, which would remove the continuity/chemistry advantage that various countries have?

That "world team" would get crushed.

You can't look too much into scoring averages for the USA guys (Harden led the team with only 12.8 ppg). It's a 40-minute game and Coach K uses a 10-man rotation. Scoring 20 in a game for the US is pretty good, and if you're the leading scorer in the final and hit 100% from three, you're probably going to get MVP.

Also, this is FIBA we're talking about. THe entire thing is really janky.

Edit: math was wrong. Thought they played ten games. It was only nine. Harden averaged 14.2.
Actually you right :lol: I didn't put into perspective of 10-15 in FIBA/Olympics is plenty of points.

I just think Faried or Davis deserved it but oh well.

i give Kyrie credit for actually attacking the rim and not just chucking the entire tourney like the rest of the guards

I swear that dude lived in the paint man, lol

He probably attempted more jump shots in the first quarter of the gold medal game than he did the whole tourney leading up to the game.

Last edited:
I must say this team played very well, considering that we have mostly b grade nba players (allstars but not many superstars) but they played better than the 2004 and 2000 squads which had more superstars back then.

It's hard to compare and evaluate TEAM USA, because they were just so dominant.  But Harden's defense as well as the flaws some players displayed are only forgiving in this type of play.  

I must say this team played very well, considering that we have mostly b grade nba players (allstars but not many superstars) but they played better than the 2004 and 2000 squads which had more superstars back then.
It's because primma donnas and egos clash.  Anthony Davis and Cousins did good for us as bigs.  And guys like Farrid are definitely great fillers.  Brings energy, and that's all that matters some times.

Faried was the most consistent player on the team. But I was most impressed with Klay Thompson. Best 2 guard in the league next year.

Woj killing coach K :smokin

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-ne...s-showcasing-only-duke-s-coach-044717393.html

What a terrible hit piece.

I wonder what Woj will say when Coach K is no longer coaching the team, it switches to 22 and under, and Team USA has even more of an advantage? These international teams just CAN'T restock like Team USA can. They can't handle the turnover. It'll create an even greater disparity.

Woj's reporting is top notch, but when it comes to getting on his soap box...yikes. His columns are terrible.

I want that Boogie with a gold medal on a tshirt...so i'll be ready for the Olympics when Boogie shows out for the ENTIRE world to see :smokin :smokin:smokin :smokin

Woj out here rustling collective jimmies.

good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

Woj's reporting is top notch, but when it comes to getting on his soap box...yikes. His columns are terrible.

It's always clear when he has an agenda or feels a certain way towards someone :lol:

Just stick to the breaking tweets Woj, that's the only reason people care about you.

Last edited:
what exactly did Woj say that wasn't true? :lol:

Coach K is the primary beneficiary of the Team USA program, it's not close.

Aside for whatever it does to increase his legacy -- which is pretty intangible -- how is he benefitting so much from his involvement? Coach K was getting top recruits at Duke long before he took over as coach for US basketball. I don't think their recruiting success has changed that much since. He also long ago could have had an NBA job if he wanted it. So, that hasn't changed based on his international success. Just because he gets a lot of credit for the tournaments we've won doesn't mean to me he's somehow disproportionately profiting from the whole thing. The guys who have participated in USA Basketball seem to love playing for him and also give him a lot of credit. I don't see anything wrong with it.

what exactly did Woj say that wasn't true?
laugh.gif

that coach k needs usa basketball to recruit. he's saying how he didn't ask permission to talk to the group that included okafor and winslow but what about the actual coaches for that team that have access to the whole team for more than 1 conversation. Duke is Duke and they're always gonna get blue chip prospects. It was like that before CK worked with team USA and it'll be like that after. 

It's just an opinionated and biased article. And when Woj gets opinionated and biased, he starts talking from a high horse. Maybe he as a point - he probably had points with his Glen Taylor and JR Smith articles - but it's mad annoying.

Back
Top Bottom