::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

CR7 said he never thought portugal would win the world cup in the first place. Taking even more national backlash smh

CR7 said he never thought portugal would win the world cup in the first place. Taking even more national backlash smh
He's realistic but you never confess publicly. Seemed disinterested or maybe just uncomfortable at times versus USA. Rubs many the wrong way when he doesn't celebrate RM or Portugal goals.

I'm not trying to be funny, but I think that there's a legit possibility that the Mexico coach might have a heart attack right on the sideline. Dude seriously needs to chill out and not get too excited all the time.

He's realistic but you never confess publicly. Seemed disinterested or maybe just uncomfortable at times versus USA. Rubs many the wrong way when he doesn't celebrate RM or Portugal goals.

He's the closest I've ever seen to be Michael Jordan (personality wise). Complete douchebags on the field/court towards teammates. :lol:

Kinda crazy but you ever think he cares more about real madrid then playing for portugal? I seem to get that vibe

Kinda crazy but you ever think he cares more about real madrid then playing for portugal? I seem to get that vibe

No. He's risking his career right now playing injured. It's just always been difficult for him on Portugal.

When it comes down to Ronaldo on Portugal its a very odd scenario. We don't play with attacking midfielders, we play with holding midfielders. We have no other scoring threat or forwards so tactically it's sort of easy to play Portugal - Just make sure you're always surrounding Ronaldo. Don't let him beat you. Overload the left wing and boom.

Lets say Ronaldo was playing on Brasil, the way that team attacks and presses the ball - Ronaldo would have two goals a game in a world cup like this.

It's match-ups man. If he was in his prime during the Figo, Costa, Pauleta years it'd be a different story - but now, half our team is pretty sorry. I don't blame him for saying what he said, I don't think we deserve to go thru with the way we played.

No. He's risking his career right now playing injured. It's just always been difficult for him on Portugal.

When it comes down to Ronaldo on Portugal its a very odd scenario. We don't play with attacking midfielders, we play with holding midfielders. We have no other scoring threat or forwards so tactically it's sort of easy to play Portugal - Just make sure you're always surrounding Ronaldo. Don't let him beat you. Overload the left wing and boom.

Lets say Ronaldo was playing on Brasil, the way that team attacks and presses the ball - Ronaldo would have two goals a game in a world cup like this.

It's match-ups man. If he was in his prime during the Figo, Costa, Pauleta years it'd be a different story - but now, half our team is pretty sorry. I don't blame him for saying what he said, I don't think we deserve to go thru with the way we played.

Gotcha. Yeah man I was watching brasil earlier and just thought man neymar has it good with guys like oscar/benard/willian in that midfield. Ronaldo or any elite forward would do what neymar is doing right now

Well, he has better teammates in Madrid so I don't blame him [emoji]128514[/emoji]

This is what i don't understand.  People think he is disinterested or not motivated....dude shouldn't even be playing.  He knows the whole country is looking at him to carry their team.  He basically single handily got them into the world cup.  Now he is out there playing knowing his knee could give at any point and hinder his career.  It would have been better if they lost to the US and he could sit the final game.

It's funny the way things played out.  Everyone said Messi was saving himself for the WC and just mailing in the CL games.  He comes to the WC and is showing really well.  CR puts everything into CL and is not 100% during the WC and taking all the criticism.

This is what i don't understand.  People think he is disinterested or not motivated....dude shouldn't even be playing.  He knows the whole country is looking at him to carry their team.  He basically single handily got them into the world cup.  Now he is out there playing knowing his knee could give at any point and hinder his career.  It would have been better if they lost to the US and he could sit the final game.

It's funny the way things played out.  Everyone said Messi was saving himself for the WC and just mailing in the CL games.  He comes to the WC and is showing really well.  CR puts everything into CL and is not 100% during the WC and taking all the criticism.

la verdad

Can’t get over the Portugal goal

Now Mexico advanced

I turned it off after the second goal

I couldn’t watch them celebrate

Props to Mexico anyways

Played well in group play

I'm not trying to be funny, but I think that there's a legit possibility that the Mexico coach might have a heart attack right on the sideline. Dude seriously needs to chill out and not get too excited all the time.

He is the Mexican Jim Harbaugh. It makes for hilarious television/gifs tho.

Bets for today:

Italy 2 - 1 Uruguay (My grandpa's italian, I gotta go for them)

Costa Rica 1 - 2 England (got a feeling that England will finally win a game)

Japan 1 - 3 Colombia

Greece 1 - 2 Ivory Coast

Barcas my team so im not a RM fan or much of a CR fan either but i do respect his game and agree that he basically has no support on the portugal squad like Neymar has. messi doesnt have much support either... like the mexican commentator said, " Argentina gana porque tiene a messi" Argentina wins because they have messi, and messi is also at 100%. CR isnt at 100 if he was, portugal would be doing much better. i can see that it would suck being in a squad that doesnt give you much support but at least you qualified for the WC unlike Gareth Bale with the Wales national football team in which they havent qualified for a WC since 1958.

I agree, I feel as though England will come through this game. Rooney might get 2 depending on where he plays.
I would like to see Italy win but when Suarez is on it, he on it...no disrespect to Balo.
And Ivory Coast over Greece to advance

Barcas my team so im not a RM fan or much of a CR fan either but i do respect his game and agree that he basically has no support on the portugal squad like Neymar has. messi doesnt have much support either... like the mexican commentator said, " Argentina gana porque tiene a messi" Argentina wins because they have messi, and messi is also at 100%. CR isnt at 100 if he was, portugal would be doing much better. i can see that it would suck being in a squad that doesnt give you much support but at least you qualified for the WC unlike Gareth Bale with the Wales national football team in which they havent qualified for a WC since 1958.

not sure if srs :rolleyes

not sure if srs
eyes.gif
you cant tell me argentinas been playing amazing football... messi has 2 of the 3 goals that Argentina has had and the assist on the own goal Bosnia scored on themselves 
laugh.gif

Can’t get over the Portugal goal

Now Mexico advanced

I turned it off after the second goal

I couldn’t watch them celebrate

Props to Mexico anyways

Played well in group play

its cool brah.

USA needs to step it up to know these feels.

Come home brah, CONCACAF is waiting :smokin

its cool brah.

USA needs to step it up to know these feels.

Come home brah, CONCACAF is waiting :smokin

I'm not really thrilled that Mexico is through (and playing well) but I have to tip my hat to Chicharito with his post match interview talking about how well CONCACAF teams are doing. He even mentioned the US squad as well.

I'm not really thrilled that Mexico is through (and playing well) but I have to tip my hat to Chicharito with his post match interview talking about how well CONCACAF teams are doing. He even mentioned the US squad as well.

i think we're pretty thrilled as fans of the confederation and how much it has grown. Why shouldn't mention the US? Theres that Mex-USA rivalry, but thats local, not world cup esc. As a Mexican-American I like supporting both teams, so there's that with me lel.

I'm excited for that Mex vs Net match on sunday. The dutch are feeling themselves HARD, and I can dig it, they make serious runs for the WC everytime, but Mex is gonna come in with surprises, I can see it.

If the Dutch think this is a walk in the park then a victory will be that much sweeter :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom