***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

When

I think I would be someone who bought the Bubbles if hey returned. Can't see me with the Underglass, but the Bubbles I always liked.

I think I would be someone who bought the Bubbles if hey returned. Can't see me with the Underglass, but the Bubbles I always liked.

Both models looked hella tacky.

Shoes with clear plastic on the upper always looked dumb to me.

Midas whale throw a couple goldfish in there while they at it

As you all know Go-Britain already has the FILA 97. I let everybody on here know about that and also posted 2 pics of the FILA 97 2015 Retro that I got from their social networks and to be completely honest looking at it right now. I'm not 100% satisfied with what I see cause if you really look closely they made some changes like you know that silver strip that's suppose to go around the whole shoe is not there. The FILA logo on the side is going to be black and not white like on the OG pair. The only changes I thought we were going to be expecting was not having the HILL branding on the shoe but there's more changes. I'm tired and confused. I have lots of love for FILA but its like every retro they come out with they cut some corners. If I do get them, I'm just getting them cause I don't know if FILA will ever make them again and this is what comes the closest to owning a pair cause nobody could see into the future and say yeah I'll wait until they get it right. Just look at how much time it took for them to even consider retroing them. That's why I'm not taking any chances. Yeah I wish the FILA 97 looked like the OG ones but what can I do. I just hope if they retro other FILA models that they will make them like the OG's cause this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Watch it bro your bringing negativity in this thread lol

Look fila gets no free pass from criticism. I dont care if this is a fila thread or not.

I see alot of praise coming from some of you all the while fila does a half butt job and alters their designs and have bad quality.

If your going to call out nike and jordan you shouldnt get butt hurt for people who call out fila. You know people old enough to have actually wore and bought the shoes the first time around?

This is horrible news about the fila 97 og white black...

I hope its not true or just a limited special run

95% of your comments are negative towards them. We get it, you don't like what fila does. If you hate them that much, move on. The shxt gets old. You're starting to sound like a nagging girlfriend. Nothing wrong with criticism. The only time you shut up (for a couple weeks) is when fila threw you some free products.

You really gonna come at me like this? Son dont make me expose you.

How bout you tell everyone why you never have a bad thing to say about fila?

Last edited:
Im not a sucker.

I dont lose my own opinion when a shoe company throws tons of free shoes at me like you

Sell out

Last edited:
Awww man not here.

My apologies but this guy been irking me for a minute.

Son all over the board criticizing nike and jordan but if someome says anything remotely against fila he throws a fit.

Maybe if he actually wore these shoes back in the day he would realize that they altered so much. Almost every model.

Like we supposed to be happy they keep changing stuff??

Maybe just the free shoes blind some

Last edited:
I like this thread because dudes here genuinely love sneakers and the history.

And thats rare nowadays with so many people in it just to impress...or have the rarest...or stunt in ig... (nothin wrong with that btw just sayin)

This thread has a good vibe to it.

You two seem to be just different kinds of sneaker fanatics but equally have a genuine love for this thing which is really great imo.

Im mad dudes gettin free sneakers tho wtf lol.

I'll definitely scoop the Bubble for under $50 if they drop that low. Always liked them. Black pair and the white and blue.

It really hurts me to see that we somehow managed to bring the drama in this thread too, I am out of all the Nike/JB stuff and only FILA plus some Reebok threads is what I have left, but we just cant agree on everything, unfortunately. 

Is there a flaws and quality issues with FILA? Yes there are, but who doesn't have them, NIke and JB are notorious with the flaws and they charge almost double for a pair, that is just daylight robbery. What I like about FILA is that they know their place, they know that they cant compare with the "Big Dogs" today and they keep it real with the pricing, they consistently trying to bring more old school models regardless of the lack of acceptance from the new generation. And this is where my issues are coming, great that they are bringing all the old models, I am all about that, but making those small unnecessary changes are just making me mad, I understand that in order to implement the real 2A in in the soles they need to throw a lot more money and the appreciation will be very little, but the logo and colorway changes are just mind blowing to me, why?!?

Yes I have been blessed with several pairs by FILA and do appreciate every single one of them and simply the fact that they do recognize the need to seed even to the smallest YouTubers, and at the same time I am super frustrated when I see DJ Stomach Swellz getting pairs from them all the time, even before their release, and he knows nothing about the history of the model, the materials, the technology and not to mention his 0 presentation, but hey he has over 100k subscribers and FILA thinks that his subscribers would care about the brand, in reality, they dont, kids are there for them J's...I still believe smaller channels like mine would have a better impact since the people subscribed to us are niche and they truly care about FILA and the other older and less popular brands, but oh well.  

So that's that, I choose to look at it from the positive prospective and regardless of everything else, enjoy whatever they release or send me, we are too small to change anyone's mind from their marketing or development management, so better just sit back and relax.  

It really hurts me to see that we somehow managed to bring the drama in this thread too, I am out of all the Nike/JB stuff and only FILA plus some Reebok threads is what I have left, but we just cant agree on everything, unfortunately. 
Is there a flaws and quality issues with FILA? Yes there are, but who doesn't have them, NIke and JB are notorious with the flaws and they charge almost double for a pair, that is just daylight robbery. What I like about FILA is that they know their place, they know that they cant compare with the "Big Dogs" today and they keep it real with the pricing, they consistently trying to bring more old school models regardless of the lack of acceptance from the new generation. And this is where my issues are coming, great that they are bringing all the old models, I am all about that, but making those small unnecessary changes are just making me mad, I understand that in order to implement the real 2A in in the soles they need to throw a lot more money and the appreciation will be very little, but the logo and colorway changes are just mind blowing to me, why?!?
Yes I have been blessed with several pairs by FILA and do appreciate every single one of them and simply the fact that they do recognize the need to seed even to the smallest YouTubers, and at the same time I am super frustrated when I see DJ Stomach Swellz getting pairs from them all the time, even before their release, and he knows nothing about the history of the model, the materials, the technology and not to mention his 0 presentation, but hey he has over 100k subscribers and FILA thinks that his subscribers would care about the brand, in reality, they dont, kids are there for them J's...I still believe smaller channels like mine would have a better impact since the people subscribed to us are niche and they truly care about FILA and the other older and less popular brands, but oh well.  
So that's that, I choose to look at it from the positive prospective and regardless of everything else, enjoy whatever they release or send me, we are too small to change anyone's mind from their marketing or development management, so better just sit back and relax.  

I agree 100 percent with what you said. Had no idea you had a youtube channel

Especially on the point as to why they keep making changes on retro models.

The comfort is there

But why cant they be more like reebok? Comfort AND for most part the design intact

We have seen that the new generation is not interested in fila so why not make the og heads happy and retro the model right?

I believe comments and our voice dont go unheard. That is why i rip on them. If their core consumer isnt happy it will force change. The reason given for some changes is that a design change make it more appealing for the new generation but we see that is not working so why continue to do it?

I equally rip on every shoe brand if they butcher models. Its not like im picking on fila.

I wont hold back for one sensitive dude. Just like i never backed down from ten sensitive dudes in the jordan brand thread.

Last edited:
Yup, sure is.  That scene was hilarious because he really thought he was doing it 
laugh.gif

As for the Fila Bubble joints, I think they should only do one OG colorway for the purist and do different colors like they did the Fila KJ7's. Just make a small run.

Hersey Hawkins??

Hersey may have worn the bubbles at some point, but i will always and forever only be able to associate him with the Muscle Ball. Greatest shoes I never got my hands on. My best friend got a pair and taunted me. Then got the Jordan XI and did the same. Glad I slept with his sister in highschool. Lol. I kid. I kid.

Just trying to bring a little levity to alleviate the tension I'm seeing :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom