***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

The reason that I love the FILA Bubbles is cause they remind me of some graffiti stuff. I once knew this cat that every time he tagged up he did some circles that looked like some bubbles and inside the bubble circles he wrote ONE. You know he first wrote his tag and then the word one that looked it like some bubble circles exactly like the FILA Bubbles instead of saying FILA it said ONE inside. I also used to tag up with some cans and markers so that's why when I see a retro that reminds me of some graffiti stuff I get all crazy for it. Other examples are the FILA Mashburn that midsole screams graffiti to me. The Reebok Kamikaze 2 it reminds of some graffiti Wild Style stuff. The Ewing Empire Hi. These are some of the the kicks that I could think of the top of my head that reminds me of some graffiti stuff.

There was nothing better than leather, fat ankle/tongue padding, and cushioning. Nike Maestro, reebok blast, fila mash and stack, Air Force V, questions, blacktops, da mn I miss the days.

Unfortunately we will be seeing less and less leather and genuine materials in the future, look even Li-Ning WOW series are all about that garbage plastic now. 

The FX-100 high 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
A year can change a lot. Our team worked and have obviously listened. We hear a lot and see even more. 

any chance that the other model with the lace guard that was made of bubbles will be retro'd also? not sure if we ever figured out the name.

There was nothing better than leather, fat ankle/tongue padding, and cushioning. Nike Maestro, reebok blast, fila mash and stack, Air Force V, questions, blacktops, da mn I miss the days.

The problem is when these sneaker companies attempt to cash in on nostalgia and retro a shoe with imitation, plastic leather, stripped padding and piss poor midsole paint jobs.

The Fila Mashburn that came out earlier this year is a prime example of the above. Nike/JB can get away with the above simply due to the fact that their consumer knows squat about quality.

I'll pay full price for the Fila Bubble if they retro them correctly - real leather, thick padding and painted correctly.

Something that I forgot to add on to what I wrote before. You know about me liking sneakers that remind me of some Graffiti stuff. They also need to be of my liking even if they could remind me of some graffiti, the design needs to be something dope in my eyes cause trust me I'm a picky person lol. Oh yeah and how could of I forgotten a sneaker that it got that graffiti influence in the design the Nike Air More Uptempo.

Have to agree with getting things right on retros. Don't be like Nike & JB and just do whatever, thinking close enough is good enough. Fila, Reebok etc. have to nail their retros. The Mash should've had the proper midsole paintjob. Zero reason not to. The Bubbles needs to make sure it has the tongue cut right and the padding. Too often we're seeing companies take short cuts (different ankle cut in the Hills, no "KEMP" on the Kamikazes, the midsole on the Mashburns, the lack of real DMX, I could go on....). I know you need to keep costs down to maximise profits, but the people who really WANT your shoes want them done right.

Enough of a rant.

Oh, except Fila need to get their act together and have Heritage product in Australia again. They are KILLING me with the garbage available here (and killing my wallet with having to get things shipped from overseas!).

^^^
Actually Phil, even if you disregard the midsole change on the Mashburns - the overall quality was just bad. They didn't even paint the inverted midsole correctly on the pair I saw on display.

The Bubble actually looks to be less 'complex' in terms of construction so they need to make sure they nail the padding and the real leather.

Just came in here to say that I cant believe they actually retroed the mashburns. Wow. I had them back in 3rd grade and were one of my favorite sneakers growing up. For years I would look for pictures of them and could never find them. On closer look it doesn't appear to be the exact some sneaker though. Is the OG colorway available?

Last edited:
^^^
Actually Phil, even if you disregard the midsole change on the Mashburns - the overall quality was just bad. They didn't even paint the inverted midsole correctly on the pair I saw on display.

The Bubble actually looks to be less 'complex' in terms of construction so they need to make sure they nail the padding and the real leather.

i got no problem with fila using synth leather because its still comfortable. the shoes arent selling so i wouldnt expect them to use premium materials. just keep the prices low.

if they ever retro the grant hill iv they gotta have hill sign off on it though. that shoe needs the gh logo

coolio, busta, meth, and bellamy
i bet the young kids on here dont heven know who most of them are

I will be scooping the bubbles for $50 shipped and under. Definitely want these :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom