Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

You can finish the game at level 65? I'm on level 55 and I'm having problems with hunts in chapter 8

These carry-over to end game, so some may be way too high a level for you to complete until post-credits.

Lol tell me about it. I was able to take down the two blue Giants hunt. I think I had a bigger problem with the 5 coeurls tbh. Anyway, I came across a red giant by mistake, tried to see if I could hang but it was clear I was out of my league and dipped fasssst

Any group of monsters with speed is a problem for me. Not to say that the red giant was fast..just talking in general.

Last edited:
i came across those coeurls by accident. They jumped me in the corner, couldn't even fight back. Red Giants, ice or its a tough fight. I'm still just getting to altissia, haven't been able to play for a week.

Werd. For me, the order of difficulty with my current level is red giant>5 coeurls>2 blue Giants so far

Been so busy. Haven't played the game in a week. Will try to play tonight.

Remember to save your game alot :x
I finished a dungeon and a couple side quests and crashed the stupid ******* car and got a game over

Lol. You can crash your car?
I learned the hard way, I just got done taking out the brennu bird for a sword quest, took out some magitek soldiers, flew my car, when I tried to land it hit a light pole and I steered off into the grass and the car blew up :lol: :smh: I didn't save the game after completing the quest either smh. I thought I was going to be able to step out the car on some gta type ish go to cindy and have her service it. I was shocked when it caught fire and showed the game over screen...

Its a pretty straight forward plat. Only irritating trophies are getting all skills to level 10.
Right...I need to level up Noctis's skill and Gladio's. Prompto's is level 10 already. Any tips on speedening the process? And would level 56 suffice in taking out the adamantoise? I got the warp factor skill upgraded, and 3 slots available for Noctis. Also got a good great sword.

I don't think there's a shot in hell that I level up Noctis's fishing ability. I don't have the damn patience. Right bait, and the fishes don't even bite grrrrr

I been skipping all the fishing side quests

I don't think there's a shot in hell that I level up Noctis's fishing ability. I don't have the damn patience. Right bait, and the fishes don't even bite grrrrr

I been skipping all the fishing side quests
Of all the skills, Prompto's is easiest, then Noct's. I went from level 6 to level 10 in about an hour and a half. Just remember quantity over quality.

Its a pretty straight forward plat. Only irritating trophies are getting all skills to level 10.
Right...I need to level up Noctis's skill and Gladio's. Prompto's is level 10 already. Any tips on speedening the process? And would level 56 suffice in taking out the adamantoise? I got the warp factor skill upgraded, and 3 slots available for Noctis. Also got a good great sword.

Last edited:
I put the majority into upping their stats (strength, vitality, ect) as well as increased AP for different tasks. I think I dumped a bunch into increasing the Royal Arms section. Almost every other FF i have played, you tend to get enough ability points by the time you hit the level cap to unlock all the nodes. In this game, that definitely wasn't the case, as I learned. 
laugh.gif

I guess my weapons weren't terrible, but the two best weapons I could have had were tied to the questline from the blacksmith and the 120 superboss, both of which I hadn't completed at that time.

I also didn't really think I was going to be successful so I didn't prepare as well as I might have had I thought I could have seriously beaten it. Once I took him down to 50% on the first attempt and only failed due to a screw up, I just went for it.

One suggestion I have is to get Ignis to level 10 cooking, as he learns a recipe that makes the fight alot easier. (100% crits and Warp doesn't cost MP I think?)

Last edited:
There's a boss that's level 120?

Sounds :evil:

And there is a cap on how many nodes you unlock?

Last edited:
I was looking on youtube and they say with the new update you can have a one on one fight with the CEO of Square Enix.

played a lil' after work last night. I still need to get the sturdy helixhorn for the ultima blade, i did the spiracorn quest and broke the horn and checked my items and didn't see that I had it smh. Also checked, I'm at level 8 for gladio's survival skill and 6 for ignis, so I'm almost there. Only level 4 with noctis though.

Word. In chapter 8. Gladio is at level 9. Ignis is at level 9. Prompt is at 10. Noctis is still at 1. I hope I don't miss out on some ultimate weapon cuz of the not fishing :lol:

I fished successfully one time at Quadlay Bay (or however your call it) to feed the damn cat. Tried it one more time for another side quest at another lake and wanted to throw the controller when the fish wouldn't even bite :rofl: After that, I was skipping every fishing opportunity. I can't even with that.

Last edited:
played a lil' after work last night. I still need to get the sturdy helixhorn for the ultima blade, i did the spiracorn quest and broke the horn and checked my items and didn't see that I had it smh. Also checked, I'm at level 8 for gladio's survival skill and 6 for ignis, so I'm almost there. Only level 4 with noctis though.
The drop rate is horrible. Wait until you get a hunt called Scrap it Now, which has you hunting a Leukorn. The drop-rate is like 75% when you take out the horn, opposed to like 10% for the duplicorn.

Last edited:
The drop rate is horrible. Wait until you get a hunt called Scrap it Now, which has you hunting a Leukorn. The drop-rate is like 75% when you take out the horn, opposed to like 10% for the duplicorn.
Smh, I thought I was tripping when I couldn't find it in my inventory. Guess it's a process I got to keep repeating until I get it. What would the Leukorn horn be used for?

Took me about 7 tries to get the iten from the duplicorn. Just make sure you eat the mother child rice

Smh, I thought I was tripping when I couldn't find it in my inventory. Guess it's a process I got to keep repeating until I get it. What would the Leukorn horn be used for?
It drops the same thing; Sturdy Helixhorn. Just at a better drop rate. You need it for the Ultima Blade

I had zero luck with duplicorns. I did that hunt 12-14 times without a sturdy helixhorn dropping.

Like @a55a5in11  said though, if you have that recipe it will improve drop rates significantly.

Last edited:
It drops the same thing; Sturdy Helixhorn. Just at a better drop rate. You need it for the Ultima Blade

I had zero luck with duplicorns. I did that hunt 12-14 times without a sturdy helixhorn dropping.

Like @a55a5in11
 said though, if you have that recipe it will improve drop rates significantly.
okay got it. I only read about the spiracorn hunt to get the helixhorn so i've only tried that way. I'll try a few more times to see if it works before switching up the gameplan.

Back
Top Bottom