Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Where's the monster that drops the sturdy helixhorn.
You need either a Duplicorn or a Leukorn. We discussed it a bit last page. Both hunts appear in the cafe in Old Lestallum.

Make sure to kill them by attacking the horn. Any meal that helps increase drop rate would be suggested too.

Last edited:
The hunts are the most fun of all the side quests and don't require too much of my patience at all. Since I'm a bit over leveled for most of my hunts I knock them out fast too.

But damn, most of those other side quests I would've given up on a long time ago if I didn't discover those YouTube walk-throughs. The strategy guide is no help sometimes.

costlemark dungeon is a pain in the ***. I kept falling down to the lower dungeon area and having to fight the red giants. came to a point where I was fighting 3 red giants, a swarm of enemies, and the nargaga snake lady. smh. Still haven't gotten the royal weapon as I started running out of items and had to leave the dungeon to reup on items. I spent about 2 and a half hours on that puzzle and still haven't gotten the weapon yet. Hopefully its the hardest of the bunch to accomplish the royal weapons trophy.

You need either a Duplicorn or a Leukorn. We discussed it a bit last page. Both hunts appear in the cafe in Old Lestallum.

Make sure to kill them by attacking the horn. Any meal that helps increase drop rate would be suggested too.
finally got my ultima blade, went through the spiracorn hunts twice and blessed to have gotten the sturdy helixhorn on the 2nd hunt. working on getting the characters skills up now and completing the royal arms trophy.

Spoiler
If you're gonna copy FFVI, do it right. World of Ruin should have been explorable beyond Galdin Quay, If I had known I would have told Talcott to keep it moving and I'll find my own way to hammerhead. And it's crazy how Ravus and daemons around insomnia were harder than the Ifrit and Ardyn.
I finished at lv48, don't remember how many royal arms I have but I'm sure it's no more than what was necessary to progress the story. Now to figure out how to get this regalia airborne.

finally got my ultima blade, went through the spiracorn hunts twice and blessed to have gotten the sturdy helixhorn on the 2nd hunt. working on getting the characters skills up now and completing the royal arms trophy.
That dungeon is the most difficult in terms of getting the royal arms. If you fought the red giants and the nargaga you were very close to being done. You need to know which paths to take to avoid some of the fights, but alot of them are unavoidable. 

That dungeon is the most difficult in terms of getting the royal arms. If you fought the red giants and the nargaga you were very close to being done. You need to know which paths to take to avoid some of the fights, but alot of them are unavoidable. 
Got it, Going to try again after work today. I read to always go east. I've taken all paths already at each of the 4 corners, just a matter of taking the correct path now. Hope I get it on the first try today.

What file do I load after beating the game? One says chapter 14 and the other chapter 15 but neither put me back on the regular map to do my quests.

What file do I load after beating the game? One says chapter 14 and the other chapter 15 but neither put me back on the regular map to do my quests.
Load the file that has the game completed. Should be your chapter 15 one.

Then head to a resting point and choose to summon Umbra. He will give you the option.

The resting point in chapter 15 should be underground near the beginning. 

I need jump back in beat the game at level 55 a couple weeks ago. Seems like a easy plat and I have three royal arms left to get

Anyone here beat the game and replayed new game+. Any significant differences other than carrying items and stats over?

Anyone here beat the game and replayed new game+. Any significant differences other than carrying items and stats over?

From reading the reddit all it is is redoing the game and being overpowered. I might do it once they patch the game with the new changes to certain chapters and such.

Being that I totally loved The Witcher 3, how do y'all think I would like this game?

Being that I totally loved The Witcher 3, how do y'all think I would like this game?

The game can get repetitive. It's not bad. But it's not great either. I have a feeling the experience might be better if you skip most side quests and play for the story first. Game would flow better and you'd be into the story. Downside is that way you're not over-leveled and might find the end of the game challenging. Playing the way I do, I'm out of the main story for 99 percent of the time, it feels like :lol:

It feels like a giant checklist that I'm checking off right now but I'm in too deep to stop now :lol:

Last edited:

The game can get repetitive. It's not bad. But it's not great either. I have a feeling the experience might be better if you skip most side quests and play for the story first. Game would flow better and you'd be into the story. Downside is that way you're not over-leveled and might find the end of the game challenging. Playing the way I do, I'm out of the main story for 99 percent of the time, it feels like :lol:
The only times I've died so far is when I ran into that I probably did way too many side quests in chapter 1. I was severely overleveled by the time I got to 3-4. Heck I'm at level 34 on chapter 6. So nothing is really a threat to me at this point. But I also got burned out in side quests and pretty much just started mainline the needed quests to move the story along

XV isn't on The Witcher's level in terms of sheer content, story telling, or mission variety.

But it is good and there are similarities. 

The Witcher? I'm generally out of touch with games. Only reason why I'm playing FFXV is cuz FF has been my game since I was 13. Fond memories of playing 7, 8, 9, 10, and 13.

I'll check it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom